Kraut Buster New NGDEV - 2015

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Having watched the video several times now I can say that I am very impressed with the overall progress, and it's kind of made up for the delay waiting on the other re-prints etc. I think the graphic, sound, music and game play have improved significantly over the last 6 months or so. I am very impressed by the pixel artwork and animation, and despite comments from people about this being a clone and the age old price arguments etc I think its looking fantastic. One thing I hope for this is that the difficulty level is balanced so you can get the most out of the experience, and I guess to a degree that might be the difficult part. Hats off to NGDEV team, this looks fantastic!

dragon_asia

Zero's Secretary
The game looks nicer... however, it looks slow, no rush...
I am not fan with the idea of the mask, I am still thinking if I wanna pre-order one or not...

uiengineer

Kasumi Todoh's Training Partner
Does anyone know how long the pre-order will be open for? I've been on the fence since they opened the 2nd wave of pre-orders.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
The video #3 looks nice, I thought I did spot some failed hit detection, but I guess that has to be expected at this still early stage of development, at least the gameplay looks better now and there have been some nice additions. The kid chameleon masks still don't make a lot of sense to me in this scenario but the bosses are thematically pretty nicely done and the naming is funny enough. Personally I'd still not dish out EUR 400,- for it (don't even have all MetalSlugs yet), but for the gamer who has played everything and adores his NeoGeo this could be a nice addition.

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
Does anyone know how long the pre-order will be open for? I've been on the fence since they opened the 2nd wave of pre-orders.

Don't think there is a time since they want to increase budget to make game better. They set a goal amount to reach so it will stay open until its reached.

TikTekTak

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Would be really interesting how many home versions they will be able to sell in total now that there is no fixed limit. Would give kind of an insight into todays Neo Geo "market".

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
Well I never thought that in 2016 I'd be putting money down for a game on a console I've been playing since the 90's, but they've won me over with this one. Kind of excited at the prospect of playing a new game on the system. I've never really felt the temptation with any of their other games, though I do keep an eye on eBay in the hopes that a Razion will appear as I would like to try that out as well. Just a shame about the long wait that will now need to be suffered!

Last edited:

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Well I never thought that in 2016 I'd be putting money down for a game on a console I've been playing since the 90's, ...

You truly had a stellar collection back then and the story behind the Metal Slug on loan was cool, too. You really didn't keep any of them carts, did you? Well, anyway, glad to see that man bites game again ;). Hope to see some pics of that purchase as soon as it arrives... a.D. 2020. PLAY BALL!!!

SNK_Pro

Geese's Thug
I kept my Garou until February this year, but then sold it and my system to a member here. As soon as I dropped that game in the post I knew it was a massive mistake which I've regretted ever since, never sell your favourite game! I've not so long ago started to try and rebuild and have around 14 games, but sadly I'll never own a lot of those titles again, not because I can't afford to, but because I refuse to pay the prices so many titles have been ridiculously inflated to. :(

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I feel a bit insane but I also recently ordered Kraut Busters for MVS. The game is looking really good at this point. I'm also tempted to buy the reprint of Gunlord even though I just got if for the Dreamcast.
It looks like buying Crossed Swords 2 has softened me up to these Neo prices.
I use to buy $20 games...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
I kept my Garou until February this year, but then sold it and my system to a member here. As soon as I dropped that game in the post I knew it was a massive mistake which I've regretted ever since, never sell your favourite game! I've not so long ago started to try and rebuild and have around 14 games, but sadly I'll never own a lot of those titles again, not because I can't afford to, but because I refuse to pay the prices so many titles have been ridiculously inflated to. :(

I feel you -- but as they say, every end gives birth to a new beginning. Good luck & good fun with your new collection!

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
There's something i can not explain with words about this game. Is related to the main character movement. Don't you feel is kinda mathematic, preprogrammed or unnatural? Play Cadillacs&Dinosaurs and after watch again the Kraut video...

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
There's something i can not explain with words about this game. Is related to the main character movement. Don't you feel is kinda mathematic, preprogrammed or unnatural? Play Cadillacs&Dinosaurs and after watch again the Kraut video...

Of course, such tiny little flaws always plagued their games and probably will continue to do so. But since that's what sets them apart from the competition, let us make a virtue (out) of that necessity and call it: character. Besides, it's still not a finished program yet, with a presumable release date somewhere next year, so chances are they still work on a coded remedy.

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Those were good days. I've also become desensitized to ridiculous prices.

I'm glad I'm not alone with this desensitization thing! It helps with the guilt :P
I'm not in love with those bullet hell shooters so I don't feel like spending big bucks on them. Which leaves only Gunlord that I'm contemplating adding to Cross Swords 2 and Kraut Busters as my uber expensive games.

I went back and had a look at the latest video:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?annot...&feature=iv&src_vid=z9OEt-3CMXI&v=IzAGkLOJ-No

And I'm not 100% sure what you mean but I think I get the gist. Jumping in Kraut Busters did catch my eye. It looks fluid and is animated well enough. The character can jump really high and it looks like we'll have lots of control over his jump... maybe too much. Anymore more control over where the jump starts/changes/ends and it will feel like the character can fly. However, from the gameplay it looks like we'll really need this level of control to dodge everything coming at us.

retro

Crazed MVS Addict
Take a look at the jumps from the first trailer (the one they took offline), they were horrible. I don't expect them to change a lot about the jumps anymore at this point.

ULTRA 4TH GEN

Armored Scrum Object
I think it will be a great game.
I will look inside the game when I´ll play and then will be able to give a definitive point of view for it, but... only watching the new videos I'm sure I will love this game. The improvements I see are notable, specially I like the fluid movements on sprites.
Of course it seems like a small brother of a Slug, but I think you guys are doing a nice job with this game. I prefer to wait more time if it means the final work will be well finished.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
Pulled the trigger and pre-ordered an AES version. Love Metal Slug and after watching the new gameplay trailer this game definately has a Wolfenstein (Newest One) style to it which I also enjoyed thoroughly.