New Project: Neo____Masta. Memory card support for 1 Slot systems

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member

Still a WIP. Have some other MVS versions coming in to be 100% sure its compatible with all systems. I'm pretty confident it can be used on all 1 Slot systems. Did get it working on a MV1B. MV1C excluded as of now.

Before the AF3 drama, DavidG gave me the locations needed on the 1B, but the 1C is missing some key pins in making it work. I have some 1Cs coming my way so I'll start messing with it as well.

There are a lot of 1 Slot CMVS boards out there, hopefully you guys will get some use out of this project.

Last edited:

goombakid

Fu'un-Ken Master
10 Year Member
So, MV-1F will work with this? What modification is needed to be done on the board? I'm highly interested.

Pope Sazae

Known Scammer, DO NOT DEAL WITH!, The Management.,
This would be awesome to have with my MV1C if it happens.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Good luck on this and please keep us posted. I really want to see this happen.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Does this memory card adapter require the UniBIOS on all compatible boards?

irvsmoot

Cheng's Errand Boy
Really cool project, man. Hope everything comes together smoothly.

Black IcE

Earl's Long Lost Brother,
15 Year Member
The soul of the neo is still alive and well in Texas! This is awesome and I definitely would be down for one when you start taking preorder. Thank you for all of your efforts to make a cool platform even cooler.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
NeoMV-ICMasta? :p

CardMasta taken.
gRjJz.jpeg

NeoSaveMastaX The X makes it extreme

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
For the 1C:

I found that pins 15, 16 and 17 are not internally connected to the rest of VCC pins on the GRZ chip (6, 15, 16, 17, 18, 54, 66, 114, 126, 138, 174, 186 and 234 are VCC).
Those pins (15, 16 and/or 17) could be those elusive CD1 and CD2 needed for enabling the Card Detect on the 1C.

Mattroid

Edo Express Delivery Guy
15 Year Member
I'll be keeping an eye on this for sure. I'm hoping to be in the market for a CMVS this year finally, so this would be a welcome addition to that. Unfortunate about the 1C, though...hopefully a way can be found!

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Although I have no real use for it, it'd still be nice to own one :) Excellent work!

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
8gBRGqJ.jpeg

Got a new proto in. Works great. Not too thrilled with the overall size, but I'm looking at some alternative mounting options. I have a feeling the bios socket on the MVS board will need an IDC ribbon cable/adapter to connect to this. Right now it's been tested on and works with 1F and 1B. Still no 1C support, and I have had some issues with the 1A boards. The 1A series uses a different chip than the others. Only thing I can't find are the card detect lines on the 1A, a similar problem to the 1C system.

Oh and this will work on the Neo Deck system. Though, I doubt anyone will mod theirs.

As far as installation difficulty, you're going to need to feel comfortable soldering to a SMD with a tight pitch and lifting a couple of pins. You'll want an experienced tech to do the installation. Depending on the board, a few traces need to be cut, a pin needs lifting and solder down about 4 wires.