My entire SNK collection

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I am not counting the NGPC and the two games I have for it because that system sucks and it doesn't deserve to be in my collection. I am also not counting the games I got on steam that I've never played because digital games aren't real.

True fans of archaic legacy systems must also be fans of VHS, the third best video format ever made. I have watched this video. I'm not sure if I have played these because I always get Fatal Fury mixed up with Final Fight. However, I know it is not Final Fantasy because Orko is in those games.
20170314_193916_zpsuqqiet12.jpg

Would you believe that I originally got this KOF Maximum Impact when it came out? Well I didn't care for the game and traded it to Gamestop and kept the DVD. Then I rebought the game again a couple years ago and haven't played it. It sits on my PS2 shelf next to Knock-Out Kings, which I have also never played.
20170314_194203_zpswknwllhe.jpg

And then the crown jewels of my collection. You can tell I have an eye out for the scoops judging by the original price stickers. The SNK Arcade Classics v1 is still sealed! I have not played any of these games, nor any of the famicom carts used as props.
20170314_194340_zps6xdauehr.jpg

While I do not have very many SNK or Neo-Geo games, nor have I played more than 2 Neo-Geo games ever, I have watched a lot of long plays on Youtube.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
You should open that SNK classics and play more than 2 Neo Geo games :-) ...there's some good stuff on there and I kinda doubt a rom collection is going to be that much of a collectible.

Jag-Master

"Hey, are we done here?..., Cause I'm losing my bu
15 Year Member
You should open that SNK classics and play more than 2 Neo Geo games :-) ...there's some good stuff on there and I kinda doubt a rom collection is going to be that much of a collectible.

:snack:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
I think this may be my favorite collection on the whole site...mostly because of that ff2 vhs :cool:

Neodogg

Dogg-Father,
20 Year Member
I've got a SS for snes boxed and a loose FF2 mvs if you want to increase your baller status?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
No AES stuff, that's lame.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
I've recently decided to rethink my life, aka not buy things I can't play. So what would I do with an AES or MVS cart? :p

Sega32Bit

n00b
I love vhs, still use it.

I like the Genesis art of fighting cart, I bought it for my Snes, that was the game that got me into neogeo, the Snes version had the zoom in zoom out graphics which was cool lol well it was for me being 12 years old at the time.

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
You just need some takara snes ports and you would be set.

Xeleema

n00b
What? No Samurai Shodown for the Sega Genesis? I'm shocked. I thought every cross-platform collection needed that...

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Blu Ray>Laserdisc>VHS>Everything else?

BD>DVD>VHS>LD

I have yet to fully experience HD DVD, so it might move into 2nd place. There are exceptions to every rule of course and it is on a movie to movie basis. For example, Mortal Kombat on VHS>DVD.

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member

This is from the fact that (both of) the Mortal Kombat DVDs are in the "Warner Brothers cardboard snap-case release" line. I have found that the audio is inferior on nearly all of those releases, even including their box set versions of say.. Nightmare on Elm Street. Both the stereo and 5.1 tracks have both a clarity and level issue. It should be, by all accounts, a DVD surround and a BD surround of the same mix should sound the same, but they do not. And the stereo mix on a DVD should be better than that on a VHS, but it isn't. As such I have found that the VHS audio is better than the DVD audio on these releases.

It only seems to effect these Warner Brothers cardboard DVD releases. So because of this, the VHS equivalents are better because the sound is better. For any of the ones I've had like Mortal Kombat, MK: Annhiliation, Sphere, American History X, The Cell, Nightmare on Elm Street box set, etc.
Picture examples:
American History X: http://www.ebay.com/itm/282410567889
Mortal Kombat: http://www.ebay.com/itm/112376521989
Nightmare on Elm Street set: http://www.ebay.com/itm/172630260190