Street Fighter X Tekken

Professor Denim

Atro Ego
To be honest, I don't feel the need for yet another fighting game. Cdamm was pretty stoked about it. He was trying to get me to pick up a copy, but I think I'm burnt out. Between SFIV, SSFIV, SSFIVAE, TvC, MvC3, and UMvC3 it's too much. And that's not even counting all the other fighting games that have come out by other developers in the same time.

I find myself buying a new fighting game, learning yet another set of mechanics, getting into it for a bit, and finally boredom sets in and I go back to good old SFIICE.

That and I've got a stupid long backlog that needs tending to. I have no doubt it's at least a decent title. Maybe later.

im with you on this one...but i feel that this new "Street Fighter" games play a lot like the old ones, be it SF2CE, Alpha or SSF2T.
Its a bit like every new Shmup that gets released. Jumping from Raiden 2 to Galuda 2 wont ruin you're game in each one of them.
But i understand you're point, speacially if you have a huge backlog of games to dive into.
Bear in mind tough that SF*Tekken is much a better game than MvsC3, and probally more suited for you're taste. And if theres a gaming genre wich is almost cruel to "get late to the party"...is the fighting genre.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
if you have a few friends who vaguely like fighters, this is potentially the most amazing party game you can get. I've yet to have the pleasure, but I purchased a USB hub for such a occasion. :) I think this is the best fighting game for casual fans to come out in ages mainly for that reason. The 4 player modes and even 2 player coop vs cpu or even online adds soooo much to it.

me and my girlfriend played through the single player coop together just the other day :) she likes street fighter alot and wants to learn and play with me, but she can tell if I am sandbagging and it's never fun to lose all the time, so this is a great non competitive way to get her having fun and getting some practice in.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Its actually harder to be truly good at the SFIV series over ST. Yes, its stupid, but it has so many things you need to be constantly aware of..There is so much more shit to worry about, prebuffer super counter variables. The entire thing is a huge headache mess. I could not place high in a IV tourney unless I played constantly, mastered safe jumps, option selects, meter conservation. Playing truly safe in that game is extremely difficult, and due to the huge window of block strings being shitty, and the allowance of interruption dp's, you need to minimize even rush down. There is so much that goes into that game, I actually dislike it for many reasons, and one of the worst things is the 3S fear factor of super counters. When you get this down, its really unfun playing that game, because at no point in it is rush down a safe tool.

Seth is a favorite, because he actually breaks this rule slightly more then others.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Its actually harder to be truly good at the SFIV series over ST. Yes, its stupid, but it has so many things you need to be constantly aware of..There is so much more shit to worry about, prebuffer super counter variables. The entire thing is a huge headache mess. I could not place high in a IV tourney unless I played constantly, mastered safe jumps, option selects, meter conservation. Playing truly safe in that game is extremely difficult, and due to the huge window of block strings being shitty, and the allowance of interruption dp's, you need to minimize even rush down. There is so much that goes into that game, I actually dislike it for many reasons, and one of the worst things is the 3S fear factor of super counters. When you get this down, its really unfun playing that game, because at no point in it is rush down a safe tool.

Seth is a favorite, because he actually breaks this rule slightly more then others.

I never know what the fuck you're talking about, but I'm sure it makes sense. I wish I could play games all day to become a beast, but I think my attention span is too short. And I guess I don't care that much. If you go on eventhubs nowadays there are ten fucking tournaments going on at once, how the hell do these guys afford to travel there, or keep track of all these events for that matter? It's bullshit.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Although a ton of fighters are being released, I don't play all of them, so the over-saturation doesn't really affect me. I played the SF4 series religiously, KOF XIII, and now this. I passed on BlazBlue (both of them), MvC3 (both of them), and never touch the DoA or VF series.

SFxT really is a fun game. It's fast-paced, but not in such a way that my eyeballs go haywire trying to keep up with everything like MvC3. I did NOT expect to like this game at all, and to be honest, I have no idea why I even bought it. I'm glad I did, though. I'm actually considering buying a Playstation Vita just so I can play this game on the go.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
I can't believe this is a problem, but with so many fighters coming out, I actually pick and choose which to get into and which to not. I don't think I'll even mess with SFxT because it just doesn't jump out at me as something I would enjoy. This is no problem, as there are a sea of fighters (both past and present) that I still play and enjoy. I'm glad fighters made a small come back.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
I never know what the fuck you're talking about, but I'm sure it makes sense. I wish I could play games all day to become a beast, but I think my attention span is too short. And I guess I don't care that much. If you go on eventhubs nowadays there are ten fucking tournaments going on at once, how the hell do these guys afford to travel there, or keep track of all these events for that matter? It's bullshit.

I'm casual with fighters now, because my heart isnt in it. I like other random games these days.

SPINMASTER X

I AM NOT FRENCHMAN,, I AM A HUMAN BEING!,
20 Year Member
it's true bro, you're all talk, sorry bro

All talk is posting strats to sound big and bad and not playing. I'm the opposite, I'm all action baby. However if you ask any of the 3d fighter playing members they'll tell you that I've given them more than enough indepth strats and even stick recommendations for 3d fighters. But hey you don't have to take my word for it *reading rainbow sound effect*

cannonball

Master Brewer, Genzai Sake Co.
15 Year Member
Reality Check blew me up tonight. It was fun though. I need to get in the habit of actually tagging during combos/unsafe moves.

That was a nice Lili combo you had going off the tag in.

Blue Steel

previously "bubu_X"
Read this horse shit. I think I will have to get the ps3 version off principle alone (despite I doubt I'll ever use the local online co-op mode).

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
Alright so cdamm convinced me to rent this game. I'll go looking around for it tomorrow. If it sucks he owes me a dollar! ^_^

SetaSouji??

There Can be Only One
Read this horse shit. I think I will have to get the ps3 version off principle alone (despite I doubt I'll ever use the local online co-op mode).

So we're not even getting that patched in now? Awesome. Anyhow, played some awesome matches with Moon Jump (when I wasn't playing like a tard :lolz:). His Gief x Guile setup is pretty nasty.

Alright so cdamm convinced me to rent this game. I'll go looking around for it tomorrow. If it sucks he owes me a dollar! ^_^

Bro, you're giving the wrong Chris credit :lolz:

Reality Check

World Hero
Reality Check blew me up tonight. It was fun though. I need to get in the habit of actually tagging during combos/unsafe moves.

That was a nice Lili combo you had going off the tag in.

When you tag out with moves you can still be blown up if the move doesn't have enough hit or blockstun. Worst case scenario you'll get happy birthday'd. Figure out which moves are good to tag with.

Thanks. Poison is decent but she's a horrible team player. Cross rush is pretty much her best option to get team combos going.

simian raticus

War Room ONLY!
Now I only need for life Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown with good online mode! :B::A::D: news: Takareshi is back! Ganryu from Tekken is on diet! Sumo fighters from Auschwitz gain a mass! Marry X-MASS for all! Adolf Hitler is a not kind of feeder! Pit Fighter vs Mortal kombat 1! Moon Jump and elephant ride! Memory bring's me Thrash Rally! Anyone here remember Fighter Impact (PSX). Shitty game!

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Now I only need for life Virtua Fighter 5: Final Showdown with good online mode! :B::A::D: news: Takareshi is back! Ganryu from Tekken is on diet! Sumo fighters from Auschwitz gain a mass! Marry X-MASS for all! Adolf Hitler is a not kind of feeder! Pit Fighter vs Mortal kombat 1! Moon Jump and elephant ride! Memory bring's me Thrash Rally! Anyone here remember Fighter Impact (PSX). Shitty game!

haha yea me too beef taco street fighter IV anus teleportation party, reality check monkey backstroke! jesus christ eats forgetfull mexico!. ryu slapping distastefull! blood storm vs boogerman! do you guys ever enjoy the quiet moments of peacefull reflection? ben afflect! fuck the police.............. chestnuts.

:( too forced, I can't match this dood

Reality Check

World Hero
Anti-air being weak in this game is beginning to piss me off. Most the players I end up playing like to jump around like monkeys and my AAs trade most of the time.

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member

what's your gamertag? where in socal are you?

Jedah Doma

Chroma Ma' Doma!,
So we're not even getting that patched in now? Awesome. Anyhow, played some awesome matches with Moon Jump (when I wasn't playing like a tard :lolz:). His Gief x Guile setup is pretty nasty.

Bro, you're giving the wrong Chris credit :lolz:

What? Oh son of a. Well anyway whichever one of you told me I got it today and will be on tonight. ^_^