Fuck Yeah Vita!

-SD-

Camel Slug
What’s the emulation of the 8 and 16-Bit systems like on the Vita... I assume SNES, Megadrive and PC Engine all run fine? And I expect that N64 and beyond are completely out of the question?

How well does MAME, or whatever the best choice for arcade emulation is, run on the system? I’m mainly looking at PGM and CPS 1/2/3?

Thanks very much :-J

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
What’s the emulation of the 8 and 16-Bit systems like on the Vita... I assume SNES, Megadrive and PC Engine all run fine? And I expect that N64 and beyond are completely out of the question?

How well does MAME, or whatever the best choice for arcade emulation is, run on the system? I’m mainly looking at PGM and CPS 1/2/3?

Thanks very much :-J

8 and 16bit are fine, N64 runs pretty well but has issues... turning sound on lags everything beyond playable.

MAME or more specifically Portable Final Burn Alpha does a pretty good job of arcade games but mileage varies. CPS1/2 are great, 3 is almost playable. Cave games beyond the first generation aren't playable so that takes PGM out.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Bullet Girls Phantasia? Any good? Anyone here grab it? [pun intended]

-SD-

Camel Slug
@lachlan Cool, thanks for that... by PGM I was meaning more Demon Front and Gladiator than Cave shmuppery.

Anyway, I finally went and ordered a nice new Glacier White 2000 along with one of the MicroSD card adaptors. Funny thing is there’s more PSone and PSP games I’m looking forward to than actual native software... Outrun C2C being the first priority!

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Uppers is coming out in the West after all. Not on Vita, though, just PS4 and PC.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Uppers is coming out in the West after all. Not on Vita, though, just PS4 and PC.

Coincidentally, the Vita version just got it's most complete translation to date on Saturday.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
So how many more games are announced for official us release this year? Its really gotten down to just visual novels. I was really hoping the 2 persona dancing games would get a physical US release but they didnt so i'm assuming its the end of the road for quality games.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
So how many more games are announced for official us release this year? Its really gotten down to just visual novels. I was really hoping the 2 persona dancing games would get a physical US release but they didnt so i'm assuming its the end of the road for quality games.

Both of those games are terrible.

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
Didn't think I'd buy another Vita game - but, I kinda' want Punchline.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
I noticed Video Games Plus restocked some more of the expensive games. I ordered a copy of Gal Gun last night, it has been harder to find for a bit.

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
Can you even find new Vita's still?

Gamestop shunned the Vita like 4 years ago. The section is down to one small rack that holds like 10 games. Every employee I met there thinks the console is shit. Except one girl who got super excited when she saw me looking at it.

Mark my words. The Vita was obscure and good enough, that in 15-20 years it will be the next TG16 of collecting.

Get everything you want now.

White Devil

Hardened Shock Trooper
Just dusted off my launch Vita. Started playing Killzone Mercenary. This system really got shafted man. I bought mine on launch day and love the system. The game library didn’t appeal to me as much as the 3DS’ did but it’s still an amazing piece of hardware.

Looks like I’m going for another playthrough of Killzone. Can’t help it. This game is reason enough to own the system.

Last edited:

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Just dusted off my launch Vita. Started playing Killzone Mercenary. This system really got shafted man. I bought mine on launch day and love the system. The game library didn’t appeal to me as much as the 3DS’ did but it’s still an amazing piece of hardware.

Looks like I’m going for another playthrough of Killzone. Can’t help it. This game is reason enough to own the system.

One of my favorites on the system. Check out resistance as well, that was a fun game.

FPS could have been huge on the system such a tragedy Sony abondoned it.

Decepticreep

Street Hoop Star

I also bought it on launch day. I've been playing FF X on it as I've never beaten before.

Galford Forever

Krizalids Fashion Designer
Probably my favorite system of all time. I’ve still got a backlog if games for it so it’ll be with me for a few years yet.