The Neo Geo mini is coming...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
This finally hit bookstores, and I picked it up yesterday...

Sup SouthtownKid! My copy arrived in the mail, and as you’ve said, there wasn’t a whole lot to the book. The history section is very brief and it’s clear that the guide is only meant to serve as a small companion to the neogeo mini itself (it only covers some of the fighting games featured in the unit). At less than $15 I wasn’t too disappointed though; the guide is comparable to the older neogeo and neogeo cd mini guidebooks released back in the 90’s.

Last edited:

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yeah, it was cheap enough that it doesn't really matter one way or the other, but it could have been more. I'd still be open to a companion book that covers all the non fighting games. Strategy, hidden stuff, history and whatnot. No Kizuna and Ninja Master's in this book is a mystery, though. Those are probably the two games people would be least familiar with and most need move lists for.

Back on the Switch ACA Neo games subject for a minute, if there are any other expat Switch owners out there, I know the physical games are region free, but is it possible to buy a Switch in Japan but have a US account for buying games online? We're planning to move back to the US around the end of this year (hopefully, if everyone's visas come through) and I don't want to be stuck with a Switch I can't buy any more digital games for. The other option is waiting until after the move to buy the system, but that goes against my instant gratification nature.

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Anybody have a list of or know which US retailers are going to carry the mini? It was supposed to go on sale today in the UK and I thought the US according to some reports, but all I'm seeing now are "live in the UK" feeds.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I’m sure this has been discussed to death, but I’m just catching up: why did they change the button layout!?

They changed the layout so that the KoF games are:

LP HP
LK HK

instead of

HK HP
LK LP

Personally, I don't have an issue with this. KoF XI did this and I prefer it. I can't imagine it working for certain other fighters though.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
System and controllers (both colors) are up for preorder on amazon.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Is that a mistake or is $118 the price of one NEO Pad?

Edit: Ok, that is being sold by a Third Party that's why the price is jacked up.

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What is the original Price of the controller?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Price gougers, they are all over amazon these days....

I ordered mine for $25.90 a pad and $109 for the mini.

Yeah, Scalping Bastards are everywhere!

I just enjoy it when they get landed with shit they cant sell like the last bunch of NES classics.

-SD-

Camel Slug
VuSXsjY.jpg

https://funnyplaying.com/products/retro-arcade-mini-not-snk-neo-geo

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Has there been any confirmation if the pads work on the switch?

Nintendo Switch has only Usb 2.0 and NGM controller it's Usb Type-C.
I don't know if convert type c to 2.0 is possible

Sorta true, the Nintendo dock has USB 2.0
but the switch handheld itself has USB Type C on the bottom.

Has anyone tried an ACA Neo Geo title, and just plugging in the Neo geo mini pad to see if it works?

Nintendo Switch has only Usb 2.0 and NGM controller it's Usb Type-C.
I don't know if convert type c to 2.0 is possible

pixeljunkie

Whilst Drunk., I Found God., Booze = Bad.,
20 Year Member
I can't believe the Neo Geo mini is up on Amazon and I really don't give a shit. The chinese garbage looks more entertaining at this point honestly - but that is a pass as well.

These gimmicks are for people who don't own a Neo Geo...or ever did.