What is the difference between SNK made and NGF made?

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
I really really need this info, because I don't want to get "freaked" carts from any seller.

thanks

B

Bobak!

Simple:

NGF = Neo Geo Freak. Therefore any games by NGF are "freaked" by definition and actuality.

Asked, answered, I don't think there's anymore to be said...

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
thanks for your response Bobak!

I mean what are the difference physically ?

different insert?
different image?

please let me know

thanks again

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by pedu:

I mean what are the difference physically ?
different insert?
different image?

Both. In the past 10 years, the Neo Geo has had many phases of cartridge design (look through Shawn's incredible collection page to see the different variations, sometime s a single game will have two, but it is very rare). The main differences are on the spines (DogTag, SNK, or Neo Geo to name a few). The current standard was supposed to color code the games with the little stripes and highlights around the "Neo Geo" sign (again, see Shawn's page), but the problem is that even SNK forgot to follow it on several occasion. The folks at NGF (actually pre-NGF) decided in their very flawed logic to try and homaginize (standardize) all the games by using the current standard and "correcting" the color scheme. Therefore, you'll find games that seem to look right, but upon closer inspection have small errors, the paper for the insert is of different stock, and since the creation of NGF, the company URL at the bottom. If the cart was converted it also means there was a neo Geo game sacrificed (sac-cart) in its place. Going back to Shawn's archive, if you look at the unreleased games, you will see purely NGF made games.

I think that answers your questions, let me know if you have any more. This is a high emotion topic and I want to keep it from getting out of hand.

I want to keep this thread civil. People have a right to correct information, and I will defend that right. Its the motto of what I do outside of here, and I believe it!

Anything to help and inform
smile.gif

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

B

Bobak!

Pedu,

What part of Cali are you from?

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

pedu

Armored Scrum Object
thanks a bunch Bobak!
I'm in bay area.

so the difference just diff. insert?
how about the cart,manual and case?

I don't want to start any controversy.
you are correct, I just want to know the rightiest info ( that's óne of the reason I'm registered here
wink.gif

thanks again

[This message has been edited by pedu (edited February 21, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by pedu:

so the difference just diff. insert?
how about the cart,manual and case?

As I said before, in the case of conversions, they sac an already existing cart and change it to the new game. For the most part, however, they just print out a new sticker and put it on top of the old one (SNK has actually been known to do that on their American carts, placing a US sticker on top of the Japanese one). The manuals are also printed in English, this is probably the easiest part to do since its an easy to find paper.
Back before NGF, the folks behind the freakin' made a deal with now defunct (and not much better) SNK-USA for their surplus cases. These cases are the new snap-lock cases. These are authentic SNK, just on a game that didn't have one in the first place (so they are sometimes out-of-place).

Any more?

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Another thing i just wana say the carts comming from NGF are not official please never buy from them thanks.Or if you wana really really really buy from them post some picture of the cart here in the forum so ppl can tell you if its a real or fake cart

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

[This message has been edited by PrOzErG (edited February 21, 2001).]

B

Bobak!

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PrOzErG:
Or if you wana really really really buy from them post some picture of the cart here in the forum so ppl can tell you if its a real or fake cart

I agree, that a great idea and the best way to play it safe.

Bobak!

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

D

DRUNKEN SHAOLIN DEVIL

ngf= horrid cart conversions that dont work half the time...horrid inserts...claiming they are snk...forceing ppl to choose other carts over the ones they ordered...the death of many original home carts for their conversions...insane pricing..mightier than thou attitude....bad bad wireing jobs..bottom line..fake fake fake..and very bad buissiness ethics...the list is endless..beware.....one more thing i might add that very few know, it is possible to convert mvs carts without killing a original home cart...i see no reason to kill rare carts other than for pure lack of knowledge,greed or lack of tools needed to do so....

------------------
SAMHAINBANNA.gif