offical wwe thread

ajflutie

n00b
I really thought we were going to get a Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey at WM this year.

The whole "im going to headline WM" speech I thought was a foreshadow.

Ronda has said she wanted to be the Divas champ in an interview. I think her losing her title might have killed the weight this match would of had.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I really thought we were going to get a Charlotte Flair vs. Ronda Rousey at WM this year.

The whole "im going to headline WM" speech I thought was a foreshadow.

Ronda has said she wanted to be the Divas champ in an interview. I think her losing her title might have killed the weight this match would of had.
There's no way her UFC contract allows her to actually also compete for WWE at the same time. Appearances, etc, sure, but letting her work a wrestling match would incur massive amounts of risk for Dana White and the Fertittas.

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
There's no way her UFC contract allows her to actually also compete for WWE at the same time. Appearances, etc, sure, but letting her work a wrestling match would incur massive amounts of risk for Dana White and the Fertittas.

If it was Bellator it would be diffrent, looking at their recent event they love that cross promo carny stuff

Remember when Tito turned on Rampage on a episode of Impact?

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Global Force Wrestling has a TV deal in New Zealand.

Apparently Jarrett was going to announce this as well as other deals some time in the next week or two, but the Twitter page of the NZ network posted it early.

The speculation is that there are deals forthcoming in the US, UK, Australia, and Ireland. We'll see.

If Jarrett can pull this off we'll have 7 national promotions in the US
WWE (USA, streaming)
Ring of Honor (Comet TV, syndication, streaming)
TNA (Pop)
Lucha Underground (El Rey)
NJPW (AXS)
Paragon (You Too America, Fight TV, Tuff TV)

And then Global Force. I don't know what kind of network Jarrett will land in the US but it'll probably be close in size to what all the other non-WWE promotions have. Spike TV would be a huge get but it's unlikely. Maybe something like CMT or WGN.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
You know something is wrong when a former executive in his mid 40s who hasn't been on TV in years is more over than your whole roster.

But who fucking cares, the ROH 14th Anniversary Show is Friday night and a bunch of NJPW guys are going to be there.

Obviously people care, lol. You're such a bum...

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
If it was Bellator it would be diffrent, looking at their recent event they love that cross promo carny stuff

Remember when Tito turned on Rampage on a episode of Impact?

That was hilarious. Front and center in booking for weeks, then just poof, both gone because it wasn't getting over with MMA fans or wrestling fans like "uh, that didn't happen forget about that." And the King Mo thing, that worked out great, too.

Barnett comes to mind as the only American to ever really excel at both other than Lesnar. Sakuraba, obviously, and others in Pride. Angle seemed to really want a shot in MMA but his neck was far too fucked up by that point.

Other news, rumors flying as to who wrestles on Shane's behalf, with Goldberg being mentioned a bit.

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Finally getting Beer Money vs the American Wolves on Impact next week. This will be the first episode in a few weeks that I don't just delete off the DVR without watching.

ROH 14th Anniversary was a good show but two things bugged me. First, there were so many matches that a few of them didn't get enough time to breathe. Particularly the TV and Tag title matches. And second, even though the NJPW guys are a special attraction, they went over in almost every match against ROH guys. Obviously Moose wasn't gonna get the win over Okada but I thought maybe Dalton Castle, Roddy, or the Briscoes should have gotten a win.

NJPW/ROH seem to be getting closer and closer, though. They're running even more joint shows and ROH guys are winning NJPW titles, and NJPW guys are winning ROH titles. ROH even plugged NJPW on AXS on the PPV. I've never seen them actively plug another wrestling TV show before, even when they had working relationships with TNA or AAA.

Hoping Lucha Underground bounces back in the ratings tomorrow night. It took a big hit last week.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
Lucha Underground season 1 & 2 is on iTunes now at $44+

I might let a couple episodes stack up before streaming them on my apple tv

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Holy shit Austin Aries is in NXT.

Either Hunter is making all of the new hires or he's changed Vince's mind, big-time, on talent acquisition. I mean, goddamn, they've signed a boatload of the best TNA and New Japan had to offer, and Vince wouldn't have even acknowledged those guys a few years ago.

edit: Aries looked incredible. Dude must be pretty motivated.

Last edited:

herb

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
So sad news. Hayabusa from FMW fame passed away today due to subarachnoid hemorrhage. I'm really bummed out by this as he was making progress with walking. I would've loved to see him do one more match. RIP.

Here's a classic match of his:

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
So sad news. Hayabusa from FMW fame passed away today due to subarachnoid hemorrhage. I'm really bummed out by this as he was making progress with walking. I would've loved to see him do one more match. RIP.

Here's a classic match of his:

I can't believe it. I just can't believe it! He had come so far!!! He walked unassisted to the ring recently.

This one really, really hurts.

Hot Chocolate

20 Year Member
That sucks, I loved him during the feud with FMW vs. Terry Funk & Mr. Pogo

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Big Boss Man to be inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame

Ray Traylor Jr. was never supposed to be a professional wrestling star. An actual prison guard in Cobb County, Georgia, he decided to give the business a try in his early 20s and spent nearly half his life inside the squared circle, winning over fans worldwide as the legendary Big Boss Man. Traylor's next stop will be the WWE Hall of Fame, which CBS Sports learned Monday he will be posthumously inducted into on April 2, the night before WrestleMania 32, in Dallas.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
The silly chants of todays..."This is awesome", "Yes, Yes, Yes", "Holy Shit" all of those dumb fuck chants went on during that video...lol, wrassling fans are so committed to become sheep...