Weekly Roundup 09/08/19

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
CPS2
Street Fighter Zero 3

Gamecube
Skies of Arcadia Legends - got to a part where i needed upgraded ship guns in order to progress, so i keep getting annihilated. Putting this down for a bit.

PS3
Killzone HD - not terrible but the controls are a ways away from getting used to. I remember playing the hell out of this game on PS2 growing up.

snes_collector

NAM-75 Vet
10 Year Member
Switch:

YuGiOh Legacy of the Duelist- I loved yugioh as a kid and have played through a few of the video games over the years. I love the game but don't really have a ton of interest in building decks in real life. This new game is really good, I'm just trying to learn some portions of the game as they have greatly expanded it since I played. I played a little bit of Magic Arena online recently- wish someone would do a Switch MTG game.

Neo Geo:

Metal Slug 2

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Switch

DQ Builders 2
SNES Online

SNES

SGnG
Pilotwings

Famicom

Makai-Mura

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
PS1 Gekioh Shooting King - The SOTM, that’s about all I’ve played this week

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
PC:
VVVVVV
Final Doom

Switch:
Ultra Street Fighter II

Jaguar:
Wolfenstein 3D

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Same shit, different week. Return to PopoloCrois (on the 5th chapter, probably getting close to the end maybe, since I've got all of the map uncovered?) and Pokémon Rumble World/Shuffle/Picross on my 2DS. Absolute Bingo, Toon Blast!, Galaxy Sky Shooting, and Solitaire on my Android Tablet.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Switch

Salt and Sanctuary-Finished it up. Satisfying, overall.

Hyrule Warriors-Yeah, I've gone back to this. Still a few things to unlock.

@M

20 Year Member
PS1 Gekioh Shooting King - The SOTM, that’s about all I’ve played this week

I had a lot of fun with that game back in the day, and I think it only cost $10 at retail to boot too. I really liked the pseudo PocketStation mini game mode.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
I had a lot of fun with that game back in the day, and I think it only cost $10 at retail to boot too. I really liked the pseudo PocketStation mini game mode.

I picked it up when it was $10 new myself, I just got it for PS3 for $5.99 yesterday as well so I can play on my projector hooked up to the ps3. I’ll probably mess around with pocketstation mode after the month is up as I need to work on my score compared to the arcade guys

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
As did I when I owned it. Played fine for a $10 game and the random filters were fun to play around with

@M

20 Year Member
There was a lot of crazy stuff released for $10 at the end of the Playstation One's run. Blaster Master: Blasting Again, Sol Divide (some of the Japanese text didn't even get translated into English in that one, now, that's just lazy) and Eternal Eyes were the other best ones I got for ten spots. I almost bought that dumb Hooters racing game too, but, I didn't give in to the temptation of grainy FMV footage of Hooters employees, lol.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Builders Block/Landmaker is a Phatal Philly Phave I know that was a $10 PSX title. That was around the time I stopped working at EB, the Agetec KOF 99 was $9.99 too, I was already a Neo owner by then and there were other Neo fans I worked with so we sold the hell out of that.

Last edited:

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
PS4
The Last Guardian: Got it new, for cheap. Fun puzzler.

Arcade.
Real Bout Special: Popped this one into the cabs again.

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I'm really getting annoyed by Tyrant at the end of Resident Evil original. Rotten bastard!

famicommander

Tak enabled this rank change
15 Year Member
Fired up Gex for 3DO, put a bit of time into it today.

It's pretty fun. Shame about the sequels.

@M

20 Year Member
I'm really getting annoyed by Tyrant at the end of Resident Evil original. Rotten bastard!

I don't know if it's in every version, or just the Saturn port, but, I was playing as Chris and a second, yellowish Tyrant appeared after I killed the first (in the lab area, not the helipad finale). Game bug, or am I just having a delusional memory?

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
I don't know if it's in every version, or just the Saturn port, but, I was playing as Chris and a second, yellowish Tyrant appeared after I killed the first (in the lab area, not the helipad finale). Game bug, or am I just having a delusional memory?

I need to play the Saturn version again. I know they added a couple things.

Yesterday I did get by him pretty easily. I must have been more tired than I thought that night.

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
PS4: Valkyria Chronicles 4

+The combat is more dynamic with intercepting mortar and sniper fire, the first game felt like playing a simplified version of 40K
+More customization and rpg elements
+Finnish sniper dude, last name Saarinen, prolly inspired by Simo Häyhä ;D

-Too many cut scenes, also they don't play automatically but you have to keep pressing x like a retard after every bit of dialogue
-Cinematic cut scenes aren't animation any more, but use the game engine
-The APC makes getting A ranks on the skirmishes dead easy
-Difficulty level is not high, I'm playing on normal and I've yet to fail a mission

@M

20 Year Member
I think the only new thing I can remember in the Saturn version of RE was a battle game with a Wesker zombie, and that second Tyrant (only when you play as Chris, not Jill, I just looked it up and it wasn't my imagination). Fook Chris anyway, he doesn't know how to pick locks.

marktheshark

Morden's Lackey
Switch:

Mario Kart 8 Deluxe - Played a bit of it a few days ago in both single and multiplayer. I liked that the traditional Battle Mode was restored. The controls felt a little cramped when you're using a single Joy-Con though.

Capcom Belt Action Collection - Really good collection. I wished they added in a few more titles like Dynasty Wars, AVP, etc. I find the omission of Dynasty Wars a little strange since Capcom apparently dealt with the licensing issues regarding Warriors of Fate, and both titles are based on the same manga.

NSMB U Deluxe - Tried it out for a bit. It was ok, but felt very underwhelming compared to other 2D Mario games.

Daemon x Machina - Played a demo of it recently. It was really good. I liked how fast-paced it is and the controls are really fluid for a Mech game.

Contra: Rogue Corps - Played a demo of this as well. Not very good. Doesn't feel as fast paced as other Contra games. I don't like how you have to wait a while to reload if you fire your gun too much, it doesn't feel very Contra-like to me. Plus, the game looked pretty blurry, at least on the Switch.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
PS4
River City Girls

Sega Genesis Mini
Mega Man Wily Wars

Lets Gekiga In

Neon Night Rider
20 Year Member
Street Fighter Alpha Collection. I forgot this was one of the few games out there that utilizes the PS2 HDD in the USA.

Also been playing Animal Crossing for GameCube. The villagers are sad that I had been away too long. :lol:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Jon from the forums from Ohio was visiting all week. We didn't really play anything while he was here at my place. We did Wataru's Garage Meetup and went to Round 1 however when Jon wasn't making me watch Sumo.

Switch
Tetris 99 - Had to participate in the cup to get the Kirby Skin

Round 1 Arcade
Groove Coaster
Fighting EX Layer
Melty Blood (ReAct?)
Street Fighter V

Wataru's Garage Meetup
Jambo Safari!
Shienryu

Lastblade

Friend me on Facebook!,
20 Year Member
Bloodstained was added to GPU so I am playing through that, along with Halo 5, on my XB1x. I am not feeling H5, but BS is pretty decent.