The King Of Fighters XV (2020)

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
I'm excited that they've finally improved the graphics to PS3 level quality. Great work, team.

FredyFired

Fired up the fuck
Noob of the Year
Not exactly groundbreaking graphics, this might be due to the fact that it could come to current gen consoles too.

Tbh I really like the look of it, especially the details on the background (KOF XIV really lacked those) and the new and improved shading.

Looking forward to the new updates, I really hope they won't be making it a timed exclusive, like they did with XIV.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Looks great. Hope they add roll back net code so this game can be as successful as it can and should be. Mai's top looks a little misshaped though. Maybe that's why they delayed the trailer ;)
Japanese developers don't know the meaning of rollback when it comes to there fighters :p

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Looks like that's the beach stage from Fatal Fury 1.

Also:

Terry Rogers:

Terry Rogers.png

Barnes:

Barnes.jpg

Michael Max:

MichaelMax.png

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member

“...we’re planning an animated promotional short directed by someone very special. Fatal Fury fans may know him bes from animating those awesome films in the 90s! That’s right, I’m talking about the Masami Obari! King of Fighters fan-favorites will be featured in this special anime short along with the game’s theme song, so absolutely don’t miss it!”

Super glad to see Masami Obari return!!

https://www.gematsu.com/2021/01/the...unches-in-2021-reveal-trailer-and-screenshots

Last edited:

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Looking forward to getting more info - but so far I think it looks great and graphics look to be on par with something like SFV. Probably a cross-gen game, but I'm 100% okay with that. That will mean a larger player base. Since the PS4 and 5 work well together, that's only a boon for SNK at this point to reach as broad of an audience as possible. I wonder if there will be any "new-gen" bells and whistles? Running this game at 4K would be stunning. It has a very clean look, and looks great on the 4K trailer even with YouTube compression. The color pallet reminds me of the brighter colors SNK used for 98 that set it apart from the rest of the series on the Neo, which I've always preferred.

I'll withhold my excitement until we get more gameplay and other details, but color me interested. More interested than I was in 14 at least.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
I still feel like I haven't scratched the surface of XIII. That game was ridiculous. Do people still play online?

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
On xbox 360 its popular as hell this month. I got in 100 matches in 3 days. And I agree the game is beautiful.

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?281916-KOF-XIII-free-on-xbox-live-gold-this-month

KOFXIII was a free download this month for Gold so a lot of people are playing it. I downloaded it but never got around to playing. I haven't played a KOF past 2003 so I'm not too familiar. Once XIV ultimate comes out I'll probably play that since XV is a direct sequel and I'm curious about all the story stuff.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
Well, there goes all our hopes for Michael Max returning to the roster.

Seriously though, it's cool to see him in the game, even if it's just a background element.

Makes me wonder if they have anything planned for Fatal Fury's 30th anniversary this year.

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
I saw the latest shun'ei trailer. Background animations on crowd looks horrible. Do not use huge crowd density on stages if the engine can't handle it. During gameplay, the animations look stiff and robotic just like KOF 14. They are not utilising the unreal 4 engine to the best capability. It's like they ported the old kof 14 engine onto it. Things could change, but right now, it isn't looking so good.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior

I agree. Hopefully it comes out better. Looks good at a glance though.

Award for shortest video game trailer.

Last edited:

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member

Definitely doesn’t appeal to me

Last edited:

Stuart989

Sexless Insecure troglodyte, Has an awesome pc rig
Animations are clunky and feels dated just like kof 14. I would say that 2008 SF4 still animates better than this game, and that's me being generous. I don't think they can change that much if the game is coming out this year, so what you see is pretty much how the game will look aesthetically.

ShaolinAce

Ninja Combat Warrior
A sleeping chick huh well atleast its original? Trying not to get my hooes up. Hopes.

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
Dunno on sleepy boy :rolleyes: One of my concern is still the netcode since that's never been a priority for snk.

Rasubosu

Crazed MVS Addict
Starting with all Team China character announcements to appeal to the Chinese overlords that own SNK.