Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,

Yodd.... Off Topic... you ever consider shaving that goatee off man...

I have a Pic of 300wins driving license photo... and well... the facial hair thing... it's all very weird...

xROTx

PS. Roger really is the most Non-Azn.... Azn i have ever seen...

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
I look like I’m 12 when it’s shaved off.

Yodd.... Off Topic... you ever consider shaving that goatee off man...

I have a Pic of 300wins driving license photo... and well... the facial hair thing... it's all very weird...

xROTx

PS. Roger really is the most Non-Azn.... Azn i have ever seen...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I can safely say... that the new Neosd device is a real doll with 3 holes...

RF... RGB and HDMI....

YES!... the ultmate nerd device...

xROTx

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
Now i just need one of those amazon, stick your phone in a box and wear it on your head, VR thingies, and i'm all set.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
It's a flash cart for the Atomiswave that can play naomi and dreamcast roms! I KNEW IT.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
It's a flash cart for the Atomiswave that can play naomi and dreamcast roms! I KNEW IT.

Nonsense, it's an SD card replacement drive for PS1 that plays PS2,3,4 AND 5 games (future compatability, what will those kooky Sony engineers think of next?) with a possible firmware update to get PSP and Vita games added later.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I'm gonna guess it's a naomi flashcart. It will cost a little more than the netdimm plus raspberry pi set up, but if it works with a menu selection like the neosd it will be the better option and make switching games a snap, plus it will have the potential to store game data such as high scores, start up times will be quicker, and whatever the last game was will load automatically like a standard cart. Plus I think this is one piece of arcade hardware that has a bit of mass appeal, just like CPS2.

I would like to see PGM flash cart, but the mass appeal is not quite there. Would be worth it just for 1 of the cave games.

Last edited:

RyoGeo

Global Moderator, Voice of Reason, Member #13
I have it on good authority that it's a ring for Rot's dingus, with a tactile interface that allows him to war room lock those that do not meet with his favor, all while in the can.

It also orders whiskey from the nearest Tesco.

Hine62

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I have it on good authority that it's a ring for Rot's dingus, with a tactile interface that allows him to war room lock those that do not meet with his favor, all while in the can.

It also orders whiskey from the nearest Tesco.

LOL... this has to be what it is.

or, hopefully another neo geo cart. The NeoSD is a great product. I'm enjoying playing neogeo games on my supergun instead of emulation. Very happy customer here!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Like someone mentioned earlier, I'd also be excited for a Naomi flash cart. I know netbooting would make it kinda redundant, but the fact that the Net Dimm carts are becoming harder to find for a decent price is something to consider, as well as the DIMMs being VERY power-hungry. Having something that simplifies it without needing a computer or anything to boot the games would be nice, plus you have not just the Naomi's library at your disposal, but also Naomi 2 and Atomiswave.

All that being said, I'd buy one in a heartbeat.

Slugger

Marked Wolf
Many of the best Naomi games have already been ported to Dreamcast so I don´t quite see the mass appeal.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Many of the best Naomi games have already been ported to Dreamcast so I don´t quite see the mass appeal.

There is something to be said about playing the arcade version with zero to no load times (cart based as opposed to gd rom). Doesn't get more arcade perfect than the real deal.

NeoGeoFanatic

Neo Geo Cup '98
+1

I would love me a Naomi multi flash cart. As you mentioned, it is difficult to find all the components at a reasonable price.

Sign me up for a Naomi flash cart as well!

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
There is something to be said about playing the arcade version with zero to no load times (cart based as opposed to gd rom). Doesn't get more arcade perfect than the real deal.

Even then, the GD Rom games would load fairly quickly on a flash cart I would assume. Having the ability to play Naomi/N2/AW on one board is absolutely insane and I love it. That and I don't think it'd ever be possible to run those games on a Dreamcast without a decent piece of hardware to go with it. That'd be pretty badass though.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Twist: the product isn't a Naomi jack of all trades, but a Dreamcast one to let it handle all the Naomi goodies natively.
I kid. Something for the PC-Engine would be rather sweet, though.

Morden

Somewhere in Europe.,
We've talked about this earlier, but to me, a new Naomi solution would have to be pretty robust to capture my interest. Not only would it have to load Naomi, Naomi 2 and AW games, but Triforce and Chihiro titles as well. A NetDIMM does just that. I still find the NetDIMM too damn convenient to swap it out, but if the price was right, I would consider such a flash cartridge so that I wouldn't have to swap out the DIMM between boards, as I have only one.

Flash device priority check for me:

01 - CPS Qsound
02 - IGS PGM
03 - Everything else

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
We've talked about this earlier, but to me, a new Naomi solution would have to be pretty robust to capture my interest. Not only would it have to load Naomi, Naomi 2 and AW games, but Triforce and Chihiro titles as well. A NetDIMM does just that. I still find the NetDIMM too damn convenient to swap it out, but if the price was right, I would consider such a flash cartridge so that I wouldn't have to swap out the DIMM between boards, as I have only one.

Flash device priority check for me:

01 - CPS Qsound
02 - IGS PGM
03 - Everything else

Oh shit, didn't know about Triforce and Chihiro being usable on NetDIMM also. That's pretty sweet, actually. Now I understand why the units are expensive. They're definitely worth the pricetag for how much you can play with it.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Oh shit, didn't know about Triforce and Chihiro being usable on NetDIMM also. That's pretty sweet, actually. Now I understand why the units are expensive. They're definitely worth the pricetag for how much you can play with it.

I would assume only the ones that use the netdimm would work with triforce and chihiro, so both Chihiro and Triforce Type 1 games only. It would be worth it to me because:

1) Probably wouldn't need the battery that the netdimm has, so previously loaded game would not be erased if the board has not been booted in a few days, and one less battery to worry about
2) Once the game is loaded, it should work just like a cart (like the cart conversions of gd games)
3) Ability to swap games without restarting the mobo
4) Ability to select bios from the game select screen (like neo sd)
6) If board requires less power, you should be able to run with the capcom I/O
5) Possible access to game soundtracks via jukebox mode
6) Ability to load games that require the 1 gb memory without buying more stuff (chihiro)