The Neo Geo mini is coming...

KRONOS

Hardened Shock Trooper
I used to own multiple iterations of SNK hardware (AES, CD, NGX) and I dig the NG Mini. Sure, it's not without it's flaws; disappointing HDMI out, arcade style over AES design (I prefer the NGX design). However, I like the new button layout (better for fighters) and the non-clicky thumb stick works better than I initially thought. Happy with the NG Mini overall. You just have to enjoy it for what it is.

Last edited:

Almightyburner

Kabuki Klasher
I've only just began to consider getting one, just so I can play some Neo Geo on a modern TV and not be stuck in the juvenile masturbatorium that is my entertainment basement area. My girlfriend might appreciate it.

gray117

Crazed MVS Addict
15 Year Member
I've only just began to consider getting one, just so I can play some Neo Geo on a modern TV and not be stuck in the juvenile masturbatorium that is my entertainment basement area. My girlfriend might appreciate it.

Don't, she won't unless she just wants an ornament for the front room. If she knows about games she'll rightly think you're an idiot if you bought this to play on. If she's not really into games she'll just wonder why you got this wierd small machine that isn't the mario or sonic box.

I used to own multiple iterations of SNK hardware (AES, CD, NGX) and I dig the NG Mini. Sure, it's not without it's flaws; disappointing HDMI out, arcade style over AES design (I prefer the NGX design). However, I like the new button layout (better for fighters) and the non-clicky thumb stick works better than I initially thought. Happy with the NG Mini overall. You just have to enjoy it for what it is.

It's good you can see the positive in things despite how it's basically failed in every department including, for you, the looks. It is an ornament, not a piece of gaming hardware...

Whilst I'm sure SNK appreciates your enthusiasm I'm sure they'd prefer you not mention NGX as being something of theirs (I too jumped straight in my little heart filled with hope ... fcking bollocks... nice looks and packaging though...).

You buy this because there's nothing else (official) snk based you'd rather buy right now, you don't buy it to play games on.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Your entertainment basement area sounds like the best part of the house. I'd spend more time there.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
https://youtu.be/7Y731lhJWHs

I absolutely love my mini. You people who are rich and make $100 per hour need to get off your high horses and let every one else enjoy shit.

“rich”? “high horses”? :scratch:

Glad you’re rocking out on neo games and getting enjoyment out of the unit even if the neogeo mini (or its changed control scheme) isn’t for everybody.

“rich”? “high horses”? :scratch:

Glad you’re rocking out on neo games and getting enjoyment out of the unit even if the neogeo mini (or its changed control scheme) isn’t for everybody.

Well I'm the type that appreciates what I have because I'm not a big baby or a spoiled rich kid. I think the button layout is just fine. I never touched a Neo Geo CD and I've been playing PlayStation ports for years.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Well I'm the type that appreciates what I have because I'm not a big baby or a spoiled rich kid.

That makes two of us.

I think the button layout is just fine. I never touched a Neo Geo CD and I've been playing PlayStation ports for years.

Awesome. Everybody has their own preferences.

You can play neogeo games on pretty much everything from modern consoles to cellphones for fractions of what these games used to cost. With so many options out there to play neogeo games it’s all about the gameplay.

-SD-

Camel Slug
LIPYqIH.jpg

https://twitter.com/snkpofficial/status/1168705273864736768?s=21

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
So front looks like ng-mini controller ports for 2 player funtime and headphone jack for solo goodtime sounds.

The right side????? Maybe ps4, xbone, switch and PC modes for arcade real playtime.

How many games will be in there (is it just a controller?)
What’s that stick like?

Is it no wires for freedom happy play option?

Last edited:

Whippy

Banned
This new controller layout seems like heresy. Is this just a standard USB 8 button arcade stick with a bit of branding on it? This seems too far of a stretch from the tried and true 4 button.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
https://youtu.be/7Y731lhJWHs

I absolutely love my mini. You people who are rich and make $100 per hour need to get off your high horses and let every one else enjoy shit.

Is that your channel?

If so, please start making more videos about the forums. We both know how things are going to go for your forum account. These videos are your shot at immortality before you go.

SML

NEANDERTHAL FUCKER,
20 Year Member
That doesn't matter. What matters is that, for a moment, you can heal me.

Gaoh

New Challenger
It’s catered to the Japanese always on the go, play anywhere culture, switches, mobile games, mini accessories thrive over, here doesn’t make much sense, heck I can’t make sense of what it all can do since I completely understand your logic, I am hoping it can piggy back off mini so we will see

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
It’s catered to the Japanese always on the go, play anywhere culture,
How is something you need to plug into the wall "play anywhere"? Always on the go? Good luck playing the Mini outside of your house. Or this stick which plugs into the Mini.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Nah, it's more like the Chinese philosophy of "release whatever shit you can since these guys will buy anything, even though we don't really know what we're doing."