Hey French Folks!

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Anyone in Paris?

I'll be there the afternoon of the 9th through the afternoon of the 13th. I will be seeing some of the sights, but wondered if there were any good gaming stores or arcades around town.

RJ

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
Anyone in Paris?

Je serai là l'après-midi du 9 au l'après-midi du 13 . Je reverrai certains des sites , mais me demandais s'il y avait des magasins ou les salles de jeux bons pour les conversions autour de la ville .

RJ

Fixed. :p

opt2not

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
His French is probably powered by Google Translate :)
...and Cory's is probably powered by the Quebecois (France Frechies seem to grimace when they hear French-Canadian...I found that out the hard way) :)

Arcade Street is awesome.
2 floors, main floor is newer games and fighters, bottom floor is shmups, beat-em-ups, and puzzlers. I recommend going in the evening when it gets more lively, they sometimes host tournaments as well, so you might get lucky.

It's really easy to get to as well, via Metropolitan subway line. We went there earlier this year and rented an apartment near the Saint Michel station (near Notre-Dame), and it took all of 15-20 mins on the subway-line to the Nation station, then it's a 2 minute walk from there.

It's well worth it.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Arcade Street was nice :)

Not 100% my taste since I don't do fighters or billion bullet cave style games, but they did have a couple of the Metal Slugs, a 4 player new Pac Man game, and Michael Jackson's Moonwalker.

They need to learn a bit more on maintaining those systems. They had a Neo Geo MV1FS system board on the counter and it had an obvious leaking NiCd on it and I wanted to look at the Naomi 1 and 2 they had behind the glass to see how bad the boards were damaged by leaking supercaps, but I restrained myself on that. :)

I went through 10 Euros pretty quick before heading out to find dinner somewhere.

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
I'm heading to the auto show tomorrow at Porte de Versailles. Anyone want to go?

I want to see if Mazda has the 2016 MX-5 on display. :)

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
Rule N°1: Never Visit an show the Week End in Paris

channelmaniac

Mr Neo Fix-it
15 Year Member
Yeah, it cost 51 Euros to go from the hotel to the exit and I walked down the offramp the last 1.5KM to the venue.

It was only 14.50 Euros to go back to the hotel. The traffic SUCKED but the show was great!

I also got to knock an item off my bucket list - I saw the Mona Lisa in person. :)

Wow! First I didn't know that there'd be a French forum here, and second... I didn't know a new arcade had opened in Paris. I used to live there in the early 2000's, everything used to be closing down there, and I thought la tete dans les nuages was closed too, I guess not, but they had average games. Good on arcade street, I hope I get to see it again if I ever go back there. I wonder how much money they make, if they get enough customers.

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
ils ont changé le principe
tu paye l'entrée et aprés c'est "free" play. Bon c'est pas encore ça mais quelques personne tente se model eco, notamment comme activité annexe

ils ont changé le principe
tu paye l'entrée et aprés c'est "free" play. Bon c'est pas encore ça mais quelques personne tente se model eco, notamment comme activité annexe

Qui ca? Arcade street? C'est combien l'entree? Y a du monde?

kuk

Benimaru's Hairdresser
je sais pas j'y vais pas
je crois que c'est souvent 15/20€ la soirée

Ca va encore :)

Whoops mal repondu! Enfin bon, j'espere qu'il pourrait encore y avoir plus d'arcades en france/a paris. J'habite a Toronto, et dans ma rue il y a un magasin de vetements avec des pinball dedans lol Et y'a un bar avec une petite table atari, on y pose son verre et il y a plein de jeux atari comme galaga, galaxian, space invaders etc.

Last edited: