It can be dangerous to be black and a legal gun owner in America

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
They clearly pushed him. He's a 75 year old man. It doesn't take much.

The Fish was making a joke, that's his kind of humor. He was saying what the police would have said if there was no footage.

But anyway, it's sickening to watch. I hate hearing the sound of his head hit the ground.

There's gotta be a reformation for this. This shouldn't be happening.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
The Fish was making a joke, that's his kind of humor. He was saying what the police would have said if there was no footage.

But anyway, it's sickening to watch. I hate hearing the sound of his head hit the ground.

There's gotta be a reformation for this. This shouldn't be happening.

I wholeheartedly agree. None of this should be.

Looking back on the small, podunk, redneck ass town I grew up in: even with the vein of bigotry that ran through certain areas, nobody there would have allowed any of this to happen a quarter century ago. There would have been immediate ramifications for Derek Chauvin and anyone that inflicted violence on another person without legitimate cause. Someone at the corner store would have seen this shit and within minutes there would have been a multicolored mob executing immediate justice. Then again, that was back when everyone knew everyone in the literal sense. Even with the air of superiority some smaller groups imagined breathing, we were all still people. I feel like the majority of American people have abandoned that sense of common community. I'm not sure if that's a byproduct of overpopulation, media coercion, the dwindling collective IQ of humans as a whole, a combination of all of them, or something else entirely different.

Last edited:

lithy

Most Prominent Member of Chat
20 Year Member

Just so you know, it is what the police actually did say, before the footage was released. Which norton probably knew.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
I wholeheartedly agree. None of this should be.

Looking back on the small, podunk, redneck ass town I grew up in: even with the vein of bigotry that ran through certain areas, nobody there would have allowed any of this to happen a quarter century ago. There would have been immediate ramifications for Derek Chauvin and anyone that inflicted violence on another person without legitimate cause. Someone at the corner store would have seen this shit and within minutes there would have been a multicolored mob executing immediate justice. Then again, that was back when everyone knew everyone in the literal sense. Even with the air of superiority some smaller groups imagined breathing, we were all still people. I feel like the majority of American people have abandoned that sense of common community. I'm not sure if that's a byproduct of overpopulation, media coercion, the dwindling collective IQ of humans as a whole, a combination of all of them, or something else entirely different.

Looking from the outside in, I believe Americans view those from the opposing party as The Other.

Blame Fox News for sowing this discord, and social media like facebook for fanning the flames of disinformation. It is astounding, simply astounding to see what people (who make being Republican a big part of their identity) share on facebook. I think I've become radicalized myself, because at this point a lot of what they say is simply un-American and I don't care about them anymore.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Looking from the outside in, I believe Americans view those from the opposing party as The Other.

Blame Fox News for sowing this discord, and social media like facebook for fanning the flames of disinformation. It is astounding, simply astounding to see what people (who make being Republican a big part of their identity) share on facebook. I think I've become radicalized myself, because at this point a lot of what they say is simply un-American and I don't care about them anymore.

I suppose that I see myself as an outlier to all of that then. I honestly cannot stomach political parties. Through my experiences, I can only draw the conclusion that they're all complete facades. They're just self-serving constructs formulated to fuel that herd mentality i talked about in my original reply.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member

If Tonk can change his mind about Trump, there's hope. We need to get away from the us vs them mindset and stop treating political parties like a sports team we blindly support.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
When has that ever not been the case?

It's gotten a lot worse in the past couple of decades. The tribalism really kicked in during the 90s, around the start of Fox News. What a coincidence!

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
If Tonk can change his mind about Trump, there's hope. We need to get away from the us vs them mindset and stop treating political parties like a sports team we blindly support.

That was an epic return. Like Captain America wielding Mjolnir level of epic. It was so awesome.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
It is important to remember that some of Donald Trump's biggest detractors are conservative republicans.

Marek

Banned
It's gotten a lot worse in the past couple of decades. The tribalism really kicked in during the 90s, around the start of Fox News. What a coincidence!

MSNBC is just as bad. No, maybe more insidious.

:thevt:

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
MSNBC is just as bad. No, maybe more insidious.

:thevt:

MSNBC is just a mirror image of Fox at this point, full of establishment shills. You supported Bernie but you can't see this? LMAO

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
When has that ever not been the case?

That’s a huge problem in the USA, especially in the South.

They’ve formed this image that voting republican = loving Jesus and all this other holy bs. Voting Democrat = gays, liberals, take guns, hate Jesus and make your daughter marry a black man.

It’s really lol as a lot of republicans in the southern USA vote against their own interests, it’s been happening for decades. “Don’t tax the rich, I’m gonna be rich someday.” No, you make 20k a year, and you aren’t doing any better and your family hasn’t in generations.

Marek

Banned
MSNBC is just a mirror image of Fox at this point, full of establishment shills. You supported Bernie but you can't see this? LMAO

Ive supported Bernie for years as a guy. I dont want him to be president. I want Warren to be president.

Msnbc got rid of that slobbering weirdo who was their only fox like character since Joe Scarborough changed his tune.

Joy Reid, andrea Mitchell, Maddow, etc are simply not analogous to anyone at fox.

You are a shit human being and double down on your shittiness daily on these forums.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Ive supported Bernie for years as a guy. I dont want him to be president. I want Warren to be president.

Msnbc got rid of that slobbering weirdo who was their only fox like character since Joe Scarborough changed his tune.

Joy Reid, andrea Mitchell, Maddow, etc are simply not analogous to anyone at fox.

You are a shit human being and double down on your shittiness daily on these forums.

Read this and educate yourself: https://www.amazon.com/Hate-Inc-Todays-Despise-Another/dp/1949017257

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
That’s a huge problem in the USA, especially in the South.

They’ve formed this image that voting republican = loving Jesus and all this other holy bs. Voting Democrat = gays, liberals, take guns, hate Jesus and make your daughter marry a black man.

It’s really lol as a lot of republicans in the southern USA vote against their own interests, it’s been happening for decades. “Don’t tax the rich, I’m gonna be rich someday.” No, you make 20k a year, and you aren’t doing any better and your family hasn’t in generations.

It's the message, not the reality that's important. Vote 1. Fuck me up the ass!

Marek

Banned

Lol

Matt Taibbi is a fucking joke just like you. When I laid bare the facts of Russian coordination with the Trump campaign you blow it off because you are a miserable faggot. I would assume Matt Taibbi helped you formulate you opinions.

No I will not read that book and I sincerely hope you end up hating this country enough to leave back to England like you said you would. They need you. We don't.

Go fuck yourself to the end of the earth.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
It's the message, not the reality that's important. Vote 1. Fuck me up the ass!

I’m for taking Democrat and republican off the ballots. Make people do some research on who they are voting for. Not voting is a big problem down here too- people only vote in the big elections.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Lol

Matt Taibbi is a fucking joke just like you. When I laid bare the facts of Russian coordination with the Trump campaign you blow it off because you are a miserable faggot. I would assume Matt Taibbi helped you formulate you opinions.

No I will not read that book and I sincerely hope you end up hating this country enough to leave back to England like you said you would. They need you. We don't.

Go fuck yourself to the end of the earth.

Did you do an independent investigation into Russiagate? Because it sounds like you're yelling MSNBC talking points that have been drilled into your head for the past 3 years. Like I said, if Trump supporters can change, maybe you can too. I'm not going to give up on you, brother.

Marek

Banned
Did you do an independent investigation into Russiagate? Because it sounds like you're yelling MSNBC talking points that have been drilled into your head for the past 3 years. Like I said, if Trump supporters can change, maybe you can too. I'm not going to give up on you, brother.

You have absolutely nothing besides childish denials. MSNBC is far from the only outlet that recognizes the truth. In fact Rod Rosenstein was just talking about it the other day. He's hardly an msnbc anchor you garbage person.

Go back to Europe. Ill take all the Hispanic refugees, all the Sudanese, all the islanders, all the Syrians. But fuck you.

Last edited:

Tripredacus

Three 6 Mafia
10 Year Member
Just so you know, it is what the police actually did say, before the footage was released. Which norton probably knew.

No, this wasn't a situation where the video came out after the police statement, it was the other way around. The video was from a live broadcast, then the clip hit the internet and it was well before the official statement of a "trip and fall" was made. It just didn't go viral until after the statement was released.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
You have absolutely nothing besides childish denials. MSNBC is far from the only outlet that recognizes the truth. In fact Rod Rosenstein was just talking about it the other day. He's hardly an msnbc anchor you garbage person.

Go back to Europe. Ill take all the Hispanic refugees, all the Sudanese, all the islanders, all the Syrians. But fuck you.

How long are you prepared to wait for charges other than lying to the FBI, which is basically what they use as a cudgel when they have no real case?

With your autistic identity politics obsession, I should have realized you'd support Elizabeth Warren. It's all starting to make sense now. How do you feel about Warren selling out her "friend" Bernie Sanders with disingenuous claims of sexism, and selling out the entire progressive movement by helping Biden win the primary?

Oh, and since you love Joy Reid so much, how do you explain her troubling past statements detailed here?

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/24...added-a-bizarre-story-liberal-outlets-ignore/

Last edited:

Marek

Banned
How long are you prepared to wait for charges other than lying to the FBI, which is basically what they use as a cudgel when they have no real case?

With your autistic identity politics obsession, I should have realized you'd support Elizabeth Warren. It's all starting to make sense now. How do you feel about Warren selling out her "friend" Bernie Sanders with disingenuous claims of sexism, and selling out the entire progressive movement by helping Biden win the primary?

Oh, and since you love Joy Reid so much, how do you explain her troubling past statements detailed here?

https://theintercept.com/2018/04/24...added-a-bizarre-story-liberal-outlets-ignore/

Robert Mueller was simply not allowed to file charges you fucking retard. Obstruction happened very plainly starting with the firing of James Comey to halt the investigation. Also Don Jr. was never held to account for accepting hacked emails from a Russian source. How about Donald Trump legitimately asking Russia for said emails on national television? I could go on and on about all the blatant collusion and obstruction.

As for Warren. Politics is dirty. I'm not denying she sold bernie out but as Charlie very eloquently laid out, Bernie is a guy who has no coalition. He has some good ideas, but no way of implementing them given his lifelong role as a contrarian.

You're bothsidesing your dick off right now. You're saying that Warren throwing bernie under the bus is akin to Ingraham's naked racism? Go fuck yourself. Thats the most bullshit ever. I am in no way an identity politics guy. Prior to this current situation I was exactly like lithy. This election is about the future of the very semblence of democracy existing in this country. Donald Trump is an existential threat to the very notion of democracy despite your mealy mouth both sides bullshit.

As for joy reid I'll read your article. I'm unaware of anything shes done that was bad beyond ordinary human mistakes. Mistakes like your birth.