161-in-1 Game Breakdown

Vigormortis

Armored Scrum Object
If you own a 161 in 1 Multi Cart already, get a 120 in 1 cart. It has different games then the 161 cart.

I purchased (2) from this seller: http://www.aliexpress.com/item/Neo-...-Arcade-Machine-arcade-cabinet/573288816.html

Great buying experience, packaged very well and fast shipping.

I'd like to add that if you're planning on owning only one multicart, you may want to give the 120 serious consideration over the 161. It has Twinkle Star Sprites and Shock Troopers, and I believe it has a perfectly working final version of Garou Mark of the Wolves.

edit: I just saw in your previous post that you have the 120 in 1. Can you check Aero Fighters 3 (game #65) to see if it suffers from the freezing bullets glitch that plagues the version on the 161 in 1 cart?

The same can be said for other carts as well: comparison chart.
That's a really useful list, but it needs a little editing. It lists Art of Fighting on the 120 and the 161, and I'm pretty sure neither of them has that game.

Last edited:

autobahn3000

Banned
I actually own two 120in1 carts and two 160in1 carts. Got to protect your investment (at least that is what I tell myself).

Let me get back to you on the Aero Fighters 3 game for 161in1 cart.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
one thing I noticed about my 161-1 cart is that it's a real pain in the ass to insert it into the board and also when removing it.

I took it apart to try to figure out why this was and using some calipers I discovered that one of the boards on the cart was around .03 of an inch longer on the connector/pins than a real mvs cart is.

I could see just by looking and comparing what side needed filing, after some filing down I can now insert and remove the 161-1 cart without worrying about breaking the dang pcb.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
using some calipers I discovered that one of the boards on the cart was around .03 of an inch longer on the connector/pins than a real mvs cart is.
what do you mean by longer? looking from what side of it? I always thought the boards were just thicker... could you snap a pic?

[oh boy, I know this question reads retarded.]

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
what do you mean by longer? looking from what side of it? I always thought the boards were just thicker... could you snap a pic?

[oh boy, I know this question reads retarded.]

if you take the cart apart and look straight at the pins, basically the part that goes in the cartridge connector on the mvs, it was longer and made it really difficult to insert the cart and to get it out. if you have some calipers measure all the way where the carts pins run on both boards and compare to a stock legit mvs cart. no wonder my 161-1 used to try to only go in diagonally at first.

on my 161-1 both boards were off but only 1 was really way off and it was causing all the problems I was having, I can post pics when I get home tonite after work.

the thickness of the board didn't seem to be an issue on my 161-1

Ninjainspandex

Sakura's Bank Manager
I have a MVS 1fz board right now but I have one of the Analogue Interactive CMVS's on the way. I'm very wary of using my 161 in 1 multicart on it, anyone have an experience of the thickness of the PCB ruining the pin connectors in their CMVS before?

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
I have a MVS 1fz board right now but I have one of the Analogue Interactive CMVS's on the way. I'm very wary of using my 161 in 1 multicart on it, anyone have an experience of the thickness of the PCB ruining the pin connectors in their CMVS before?

I measured the thickness of the multicart PCB and compared it to a legit SNK MVS cart and the difference was never more than .005 of an inch, so personally I wouldnt worry, but thats just my opinion.

This is where I would worry, check out these pics.

20131223_200857.jpg

20131223_200925.jpg

The picture on the bottom, the one that reads 6.1075 inches is AFTER I filed it down, it was extremely difficult to insert and remove my 161-1 multi cart before this, I had to use a couple of t-shirts to hold down the 2-slot PCB because it was flexing so much, its fine now.

neoluis

n00b
Very nice multicart , I bought mine on amazon $107 , but I want 120 in 1just because it has twinkle star sprites ;-)
Best place I found to order I think is aliexpress.com but carefull and only order from trusted sellers

neoluis

n00b
I measured the thickness of the multicart PCB and compared it to a legit SNK MVS cart and the difference was never more than .005 of an inch, so personally I wouldnt worry, but thats just my opinion.

View attachment 9549

View attachment 9550

The picture on the bottom, the one that reads 6.1075 inches is AFTER I filed it down, it was extremely difficult to insert and remove my 161-1 multi cart before this, I had to use a couple of t-shirts to hold down the 2-slot PCB because it was flexing so much, its fine now.

This is true, is very difficult to remove it from the board , I'm kind scare to used it, have you tried trimming the edge a little bit?

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
People all in a huff about this pirate cart have mostly '13 join dates.

:lolz:

autobahn3000

Banned
Ya great way to explore games if your a total noob (like me). Does anybody have some intellectual conversation? I've never here so much crying, bitching, and moaning on a forums site before.

Hodor

Cheng's Errand Boy
Does anybody know if the 120 in 1 has the same fitting problems of the 161 in 1?

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder
This is true, is very difficult to remove it from the board , I'm kind scare to used it, have you tried trimming the edge a little bit?

yes, I filed down the connector, the picture with the measurement of 6.1075 is after I filed it down.

its now easy to insert and remove it.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member

View attachment 9549

View attachment 9550

Thanks for the insight, finally some proper info aiming to resolve this problem. I will open up my cart and investigate whether the length of the connector is also the problem in the case of my cart.

DeusVult

Another Striker
Hi
new member and first post, I recently purchased 161 aes cart in a bundle deal but lots of +games on it not sure what that means, seems a little temperamental but works okay, I used to have a neo geo a long time ago and have recently wanted to get back into it, helps me pick what carts to purchase, if anyone is selling aes carts iam interested

Late

Reichsf?rer-Finnland,
20 Year Member
Ya great way to explore games if your a total noob (like me). Does anybody have some intellectual conversation? I've never here so much crying, bitching, and moaning on a forums site before.

Here is much crying.

neoluis

n00b
Hi
new member and first post, I recently purchased 161 aes cart in a bundle deal but lots of +games on it not sure what that means, seems a little temperamental but works okay, I used to have a neo geo a long time ago and have recently wanted to get back into it, helps me pick what carts to purchase, if anyone is selling aes carts iam interested

Hi, the games with + means that are hack, most of the time is the same original game but with something unlock, like bosses characters or things like that.
to buy games I suggest you wait a little bit, people here are really nasty when it comes to new member using the marketplace, anyway you still need your account to be fully activeted to use the marketplace, just keep posting, it will probably take you a month or so.
ebay is a good place to buy too, there is not much different with the prices in here

autobahn3000

Banned
Here is much crying.

Point Proven.

Here is much proof of someone contributing nothing. Thanks for all your posts (seriously). I have respect for those who contribute; This is a terrible reflection of that.

Please not a personal attack, anything but that!!!

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Thanks for the insight, finally some proper info aiming to resolve this problem. I will open up my cart and investigate whether the length of the connector is also the problem in the case of my cart.
+1 Thanks man.

People all in a huff about this pirate cart have mostly '13 join dates.
Also lots of guys pushing their postcount...