Southeast PA Round 10 - November 3 2018

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
I'm down for WJ but I don't have a cart. We'll prob need 3 or 4 carts.

jeffkun34

Science will find a way!,
20 Year Member
I have an MVS copy and I'm sure at least one other person who is coming has one. I know WC had a couple AES setups last time so does anyone have an AES copy of WJ to bring?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
I can.... Bring my MVS neo SD if that helps?

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Also I havnt seen Stefan, or anyone else in like 5 years or more now, so I'm fucking hype. That is all.
I'll probably bring a big box of saturn and mvs shit to trade or sell also, if anyone does the same sort of thing when they show up. Also I'll bring lots of beer. That just travels with me by default. Probably a hot chick with purple hair as well, as long as her schedule away from teaching allows. Haha.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Also I havnt seen Stefan, or anyone else in like 5 years or more now, so I'm fucking hype. That is all.
I'll probably bring a big box of saturn and mvs shit to trade or sell also, if anyone does the same sort of thing when they show up. Also I'll bring lots of beer. That just travels with me by default. Probably a hot chick with purple hair as well, as long as her schedule away from teaching allows. Haha.

I can.... Bring my MVS neo SD if that helps?

:buttrock:

I'll have some freebies to hand out and my typical setup to play.

Still waiting on several key members of Phatal Philly to chime in here...

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Is Jon from ohio gonna show up and fall asleep? Or did I miss something while I was gone and he doesn't hangout anymore?

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
Is Jon from ohio gonna show up and fall asleep? Or did I miss something while I was gone and he doesn't hangout anymore?

I should be OK. I started taking Unisom and am now able to sleep properly, for once. Imagine not getting any REM sleep for 10+ years. Sucks. I wouldn't wish it on my worst enemy.

Charlie, I realize that it has become of meme of Neo gatherings for me to fall asleep but, I wish people wouldn't joke about it.

As for carts, I'll be bringing a Neo SD so, we'll have one copy of every game covered for tournaments, etc.

Jon

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Duly noted Jon. Glad to hear you're coming dude! Also glad you got sleep stuff figured out, I work graveyard shift, so meds are definitely a requirement for me to get that good good snooze action as well.
I'll see yall in a few weeks!

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Can confirm that I will be riding up with Phoenix Down, so that is one more attendee. Anyone else have a NEOSD or Windjammers cart to bring?

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Holy shit I have not seen Phoenix down since my very first convention.... It's been 15 years.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i got my hotel rooms booked for the weekend. gonna stay in philly friday night so that the girlfriend and i can go check out eastern state penitentiary saturday before the meet up, then got some place like 10 minutes from telford for saturday night. wooooooo!
ill be bringing a big old box of trade and sell shit if anybody is else is looking to do the same!

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Last time I brought Martial Masters, should I bring it again? Or I could bring another fun, well animated fighter: Asura Buster.

WC, should I bring my copy of SSVS too? I have no idea if there will be a desire to run it on more than one cab.

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Last time I brought Martial Masters, should I bring it again? Or I could bring another fun, well animated fighter: Asura Buster.

AB looks fun. I wouldn't mind playing Demon Front if you have it.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I can bring Demon Front and Martial Masters. Demon Front is fun but takes a bit of time to complete.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
Of course I'm out of town that weekend. Womp womp.

I still need to come over to your new place and I'm sure work has been keeping you busy. If my place were not so tiny I'd host a gathering in VA.

Stefan

Philadelphia Freeman,
20 Year Member
Of course I'm out of town that weekend.

Dang. Would have been rad obviously to have another MD O.G. on hand for the Neo hijinks.

I have not seen Phoenix Down since my very first convention.... It's been 15 years.

IIRC, Phoenix participated in at least two of the various 2010 Neo meetups hosted by ilazul, especially the gigantic, late summer cookout bonanza that TonK was disinvited from. Could have sworn both you and Cornerboy were at said gathering for a few hours...

Or did I miss something while I was gone and he doesn't hangout anymore?

While that certainly doesn't apply to Jon, this question rightly deserves an exhaustive, multiple-choice-style batch of individuals whom you're possibly alluding to:

a.) norton9478
b.) mmsadda
c.) majors ;)
d.) deadpixels
e.) playboycougar
f.) Taiwan expat guy who told off WC in 2015 before leaving at 5am for god knows why
g.) A motley crew of Blax from NJ(Camden, to be precise) looking to get their Dreamcast MVC2 bets on.

Last edited:

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
If anyone needs SCART>BNC cables, let me know in the next few days and I'll make a batch. Otherwise I'm only bringing one set for my monitor.

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
Stefan, you are correct. Cornerboy and I were at the ilazul gathering. I seriously must just not have even recognized Phoenix down in the crowd of people who were present.
Now that would be a cool one. I wish someone could convince ilazul to show up! I miss having him around; he was such a cool guy.

Figure I might as well mention which mvs and saturn rares I'll have on hand to trade or sell:
Breakers revenge
Cyber-lip
Garou
Money idol exchanger
TSS
Waku Waku 7

Radiant silvergun
Final Fight revenge
Bulk slash
And a bunch of other common less desirable saturn stuff. Probably some DC stuff like sfz3 for matching service and TSS for that as well if anyone is looking.

Last edited:

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
The gatherings at ilazul's place were always fun. It felt like I spent two years of weekends at his place playing beer pong and every fighting game there was. It was where I met Sage, Phoenix Down, Jon, max 330 mega, and many others. I still see ilazul at Magfest but he does not seem to stick around for long.

Back on topic, stuff I'll bring:

Windjammers MVS
SSVS(just in case we want to run 2 copies)
Last Blade 2(just in case we want to run 2 copies)
Breakers Revenge (cant remember if WC has copy)
Martial Masters
Demon Front
Asura Buster

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Figure I might as well mention which mvs and saturn rares I'll have on hand to trade or sell:
Breakers revenge
Cyber-lip
Garou
Money idol exchanger
TSS
Waku Waku 7

Radiant silvergun
Final Fight revenge
Bulk slash
And a bunch of other common less desirable saturn stuff. Probably some DC stuff like sfz3 for matching service and TSS for that as well if anyone is looking.

Nice stuff there. Interest piqued.

Since we're posting teh bringz:

Sigma Hakuryu
ESPGaluda, Batrider, Gunbird 2, Dimahoo PCBs
CPS2 Multi
JVC Monitor w/ Speakers and Amp
Omega CMVS and Sanwa-modded AES sticks
Some freebies

You guys know what I have. If there's any requests, holla.

jeffkun34

20 Year Member
I know it is a slim chance but if anyone has Ibara black label I would love to give that a shot again.