NEOSD MVS Support thread !

Tempest

Ninja Combat Warrior
15 Year Member
Just get a 16 gig card and you can fit everything instead of wasting time digging through things. You can then just make a favorites list and that's all you'll see on the list.

I suppose you're right, but I'm still curious as to what half those hacks do (the ones marked with an H on the end).

kashou

n00b
Hey there,

Haven't posted here in forever since I got my MVS, nice to be back! Just got an Omega and NeoSD MVS for myself for Xmas. The Omega is wonderful, so great to have a way to play the games how they should be while my cab is in storage. Unfortunately, I ran into some issues with the NeoSD. I switched the board as instructed so that the label could face forward, but when the game boots the screen is all garbled and not really legible. The system plays regular MVS carts just fine (was able to load KOF98, Puzzle Bobble, and Metal Slug X just fine).

I asked about this on the Terraonion support forum as well, but figured they're pretty busy right now with it being the end of the year and the Pro on the horizon. Thought maybe someone on here had seen it before and had a fix for it or any ideas what's causing it?

some specs:
Omega CMVS bought within last month
Unibios 4.0
NeoSD (I assume it's got 1.06 but not sure how to check, it was bought within the past month)
Stock power cable included with the unit
RGB Scart cable from Arcadeworks into an OSSC

I have cleaned the pins on both the cart and the Omega with 99% IPA and it slides into the system effortlessly. Any ideas? See attached pictures for reference.

Also, I apologize if this has been posted and fixed in the thread, I went through a lot of it and didn't see anything similar at all.

Pics:
RXpYJeF.jpg

5c6sp1E.jpg

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Did you convert your roms from .zip to .neo via the Neobuilder? For example 3countb.zip to 3countb.neo?
If not look at Rots post #44 in this thread, pretty useful to get started.

kashou

n00b
Did you convert your roms from .zip to .neo via the Neobuilder? For example 3countb.zip to 3countb.neo?
If not look at Rots post #44 in this thread, pretty useful to get started.

I did make sure to convert them to the neo file extension. In fact, it boots like that whether I have the micro SD card in or not.

Hattori Hanzo

AEShole
1 Year Member
Would suggest to reformat the micro SD to FAT32 with SDFormatter and download Rots compilation. If possible try another micro SD card it shouldn't be bigger than 32GB.

kashou

n00b
Try applying the latest firmware update.

The firmware doesn't seem to appear under downloads when I log in with my serial number on Terraonion's site, just the Neobuilder and a Readme for the firmware.

As for the SD card, I will try that out shortly.

EDIT
Reformatted the card and readded Rots rom pack, same image.

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Is it still as blurry? could be your issue there.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Please, send an email to support at terraonion dot com and we'll send you a firmware to rewrite the current one

kashou

n00b
Please, send an email to support at terraonion dot com and we'll send you a firmware to rewrite the current one

I sent one over yestersay from an email chain I had started a few days ago. Should I send another separate one?

kashou

n00b
Ah, ok, sorry. So it's already being handled. Another email is not needed.

Okay, sounds good. I sent one over before reading this, my fault. Either way, I'll just be on the lookout for communication with access to the firmware from you guys soon, thanks for the follow up.

-EDIT-
Just an update for anyone else who may have this problem. I updated the firmware per the instructions from Terraonion and the same issue persists. Will continuing working with them on it and update as I get more information.

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hello, not sure this is the right place to ask help anyomre (chat? mail?) anyway I'll give it a try.

I'm having this issue which I think I never had before, basically with my slot-4 certain games (i.e. Twinkle or Miracle adventure) boot normally the first time after writing to the flash, then when the second loops occurs, the cabinet resets (green screen)

i.e.

slot-1 = Mslug
Slot-2 = NeoSD (Twinkle)
slot-3 = Robo Army
slot-4 = Pulstar

cycle after flashing is Mslug, Twinkle, Robo Army, Pulstar...then 2nd loop kicks in after the jingle Mslug--->reset, Mslug--->Reset.

I tried changing slots but it's still the same when reaching the NeoSD slot.

Flashign Puzzle Bobble or Garou 2 Special works flawlessly.

:(

neodev

Neosd Tech
Hello, not sure this is the right place to ask help anyomre (chat? mail?) anyway I'll give it a try.

I'm having this issue which I think I never had before, basically with my slot-4 certain games (i.e. Twinkle or Miracle adventure) boot normally the first time after writing to the flash, then when the second loops occurs, the cabinet resets (green screen)

i.e.

slot-1 = Mslug
Slot-2 = NeoSD (Twinkle)
slot-3 = Robo Army
slot-4 = Pulstar

cycle after flashing is Mslug, Twinkle, Robo Army, Pulstar...then 2nd loop kicks in after the jingle Mslug--->reset, Mslug--->Reset.

I tried changing slots but it's still the same when reaching the NeoSD slot.

Flashign Puzzle Bobble or Garou 2 Special works flawlessly.

:(

Yes, razoola noted that issue some time ago, and we investigated and found the cause. It will be fixed in next fw.
Basically, there are certain combinations of games that fail because even if neosd is not the currently selected slot, it processes the bankswitching requests. It's not an issue with most games, as they reset the bank when being selected by the bios, but certain games (for example spinmasters) contain bank data, but it's not bankswitched, and neosd handles it as a bankswitched game, selecting a non existant bank while it's deselected. Then when selectinc the game, it doesn reset the bank, as it doesn't have banks, and crashes when accessing data there.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Bump, I tried looking in the TO forum for a firmware release date, but either I'm missing the obvious or there is only one unanswered post for the same question...not to put pressure or anything but it would be nice to have a ballpark, as I'm seeing a lot of games are forcing the reset for the above mentioned problem ..is there a list somewhere? (or even better, a list about all the open issues that will be fixed as well in the next release?) Thanks!

neodev

Neosd Tech
Bump, I tried looking in the TO forum for a firmware release date, but either I'm missing the obvious or there is only one unanswered post for the same question...not to put pressure or anything but it would be nice to have a ballpark, as I'm seeing a lot of games are forcing the reset for the above mentioned problem ..is there a list somewhere? (or even better, a list about all the open issues that will be fixed as well in the next release?) Thanks!

Hi, we'll probably open a beta for the new firmware (1.07) that includes fixes and cheats support, and also should fix your issue. Would you want it so you can check if that fixed? if so, please send us an email with your serial number to support at terraonion.com .

It has a few fixes. One if the one you mention, another one is garou intro always playing the same intro sequence when using continuous backup ram. It also adds an in-game menu and you can now hold left and right to continuously scroll pages in the menu games list.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hi, we'll probably open a beta for the new firmware (1.07) that includes fixes and cheats support, and also should fix your issue. Would you want it so you can check if that fixed? if so, please send us an email with your serial number to support at terraonion.com .

It has a few fixes. One if the one you mention, another one is garou intro always playing the same intro sequence when using continuous backup ram. It also adds an in-game menu and you can now hold left and right to continuously scroll pages in the menu games list.

Hello! Absolutely, thanks, will send you the details later today. cheers!

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Hello, I upgraded but the issue is still there. Sent feedback to the support mail I'll follow instructions there! Cheers.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Got a new release of the firmware, problem solved!

I tried Twinkle, Spin Masters and a couple of other games, no problem cycling through the titles :)

I'll keep testing a few scenarios/games (cycling manually, letting the rolling demos go on their own etc) in case will post back to support.

Thanks a lot!

Edit: humm.....looks like Twinkle Highscore got reset? Is it supposed to survive the reboot saving it right? Can't see my highscore, just the default ADK one :( Other (original) games in the others slots kept the highscore though, so it's not global.

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Some games reset their scores every day. I know blues journey does, maybe twinkle stars does that too.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
I think all ADK do, either daily, weekly or monthly, TSS included. UniBios v4 has option to stop these HighScore wipes in its settings.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Gotcha, I tried Sengoku 3 and it kept the score saved... I'll check again Twinkle! cheers!

manic23

n00b
I have a nasty feeling that I bricked my NeoSD AES, as when I turn it on I get this, I have a sneeky feeling I turned off the unit before the flashing had finished as I thought that it was not on. Could someone please let me know the procedure to flash the firmware if this happens?

9 (low res).jpg