Sega Saturn / Rhea

everten

Edo Express Delivery Guy
10 Year Member
Just installed the menu and it's great.

Anyone ever have trouble with Saturn not recognizing the start button on the controller? I tried a few controllers, the only one that works is my fight stick that's running through an MC Cthulhu. Not sure if it's related to the Pheobe, but I wasn't having issues before.

Update: I don't think this is happening with any US games, only JP. It's happening on multiple consoles and both region type controllers. The start button works fine in the Rhea menu, just not in the game.

Last edited:

gusmoney

Unsure if You Asked, For a custom Rank, But Hell,
10 Year Member
Finally scored a Rhea this morning. According to an old note I made, I have been trying to get one for at least a year and a half.

The guy who makes them has finally shopped out the work so hopefully these will be more readily available for others (and not of diminished quality.) He will supposedly test them all himself before sending them out.

He reports that more units will be available "in a few weeks."

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
Finally scored a Rhea this morning. According to an old note I made, I have been trying to get one for at least a year and a half.

The guy who makes them has finally shopped out the work so hopefully these will be more readily available for others (and not of diminished quality.) He will supposedly test them all himself before sending them out.

He reports that more units will be available "in a few weeks."

finally one of the lads got one...

Bagheera369

New Challenger
Congrats. I wanted to grab one, but as I havent grabbed my saturn yet, I didn't want to order the wrong version.
I got my GDEMU on the first go around though...it didn't feel that hard.
Its a great device, and I'm happy, and hopeful that more people will be able to get them now that he's shopping out the work

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I need a Rhea in my life so bad.

8cheersjpg-8860c3_610w.jpg

Jon

Mr. Tater
20 Year Member
I need a Pheobe in my life...because my Saturn has round buttons...

Jon

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I need a Pheobe in my life...because my Saturn has round buttons...

Jon

Phoebe... right... Because I have a model 2 system.

I hated the show "Friends", but I would have WRECKED Lisa Kudrow.

143479353.jpg

Grab those pigtails and go to town.

sparksterz

Camel Slug
I'm waiting on Professor Abrasive's solution personally. I rushed to pick up a PSIO and felt kinda meh about it after ripping my whole collection. I did much enjoy the USB GD Rm solution provided by Mnemo. I like the work that has been put into the Saturn, but the variety of boards for each version of saturn doesn't sit as well with me. I'm always happy to see work done to have more FPGA solutions out there though.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I'm waiting on Professor Abrasive's solution personally. I rushed to pick up a PSIO and felt kinda meh about it after ripping my whole collection. I did much enjoy the USB GD Rm solution provided by Mnemo. I like the work that has been put into the Saturn, but the variety of boards for each version of saturn doesn't sit as well with me. I'm always happy to see work done to have more FPGA solutions out there though.

There a chance he never gets it working correctly. There's a lot of work to do there.

pva

Mega Shock!!
There a chance he never gets it working correctly. There's a lot of work to do there.

Based on his latest post the remaining issues seem pretty minor, so I remain optimistic he'll follow through. To my mind, an ODE with a modest feature set that you can actually buy is infinitely more desirable than one that is more mature but nigh impossible to purchase.

sparksterz

Camel Slug

Yeah, but I'm not in a hurry. What I'm more concerned about it my Sega CD now that the PCE CD is taken care of. Gonna agree with pva on both the availability side of things and professor abrasive's latest patreon post