How long have you had your Neo Geo?

Burgers5750

Kabuki Klasher
AES in 1997, dearly departed with 8 titles in 2006 :crying:

Neo Geo Pocket Color 1999

CMVS 2016 - best decision I've made in a long time!

Got my first one a gold edition in 92, sold it... bought another one in 94, traded it...bought a third one in 2002, then another one, another one, another one and a cmvs plus a ngpc over the past years. Dont want to be neo geo less anymore.

Sega32Bit

n00b
Bought mine in 1996 with Art of fighting and Fatal Fury 2, came with 2 sticks, never use it now as i prefer the the MVS route, I wired my Gun to use NeoSticks, Snes pads, Genesis and Saturn pads, quite good playing neo games on saturn pads

basic

back to basics
15 Year Member
Bought MotW and KoF2003 MVS in 2006. No system yet. The Dreamcast has been my "Neo Geo" thus far.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
Bought my first MVS in 1998
Bought an AES in 2001 and sold it probably 3 years later
Bought a NGPC in 1999 I believe.

Yamazaki

Belnar Institute Student
15 Year Member
got my first AES in summer of 2002 and still using it today.

HornheaDD

Viewpoint Vigilante
Fagit of the Year
got my first AES from a guy on an emulation site for $160 with 2 games and control pads, no sticks in 1998, I think. Maybe 99. Over the years I've bought/sold more home systems than I can remember. I've had probably 6 or 7 MVS cabs. Finally settled on just having a MVS 25 candy with a 4 slot. I rarely turn it on anymore.

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
Bought MotW and KoF2003 MVS in 2006. No system yet. The Dreamcast has been my "Neo Geo" thus far.
facepalm.gif

coreykun667

Galford's Armourer
Got my 4 Slot cab in 2014 from a laundromat in a sketchy part of San Jose. And then I got my Neo Geo Pocket Color late last year. Having a Neo Geo CD sent to me soon, but I had to buy a PSU for it separately. A pretty cool guy on Facebook was able to hook me up with the adapter for a reasonable price, so I'm happy about that.

Merit

n00b
My first Aes arrived last summer. Right now i have 2 Aes (one hdmi!) and 14 games. Very happy with them!

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
Got my first Aes in 1997!
Have 3 AES system and 2 CDZ system!

WNivek

Overtop Pathfinder
I picked up my MV-1C about a year ago, in an attempt to calm myself about some worrying developments.
I've been meaning to fit it into some sort of case, but I keep putting it off, so I've had its PCB sitting on my desk for months.

Kyle Rayner

Banned
Technically don't have a Neo Geo system yet, just bought my first game yesterday. However having been born in the early 80's I can recall the launch and not understanding how it could be priced that high. I did play quarter after quarter in arcade machines and the cycling of the various games in the machine is the soundtrack to my life in the local comic book store. Played all the fighting games on the snes in the 90's, Art of Fighting my particular favorite. So long story short...yesterday! Lol

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
I bought an AES in 2006, I believe it was. I had a pretty decent collection of 30 games or so, including Last Blade and Viewpoint. I foolishly sold it all in 2010, when I was temporarily out of work.

After a long haitus, I decided to re-purchase an AES two months ago. I am going to slowly build up a small collection, and keep it for good this time!

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
AES - 1998 (stolen from our house)
CMVS - 2012
NGPC - 2001 (stolen from our house)
NGPC - 2011
AES - 2014

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
As stated previously, I got into AES and MVS during 2011. In 2014 I tried consolidating to just AES, then later I tried going MVS only, but it seems I have settled back into both AES and MVS. I thought sticking with one would work, except I kept running into games I liked that were cheap on one system and expensive on the other.

tighecg

Armored Scrum Object
NGCD- '96 sold in '98
Played most my SNK on other systems and arcades until
AES- Early 2000's sometime, didn't have it long, shitty job and buyer's remorse
Back to other systems
MVS- 2013 lovin' it
NGPC- 2016 why did it take me so long to find this bad ass beast!:scratch:

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Got my CDZ about 2 months after MGS4 came out on ps4. I traded my ps3 for it. No regret. My CDZ hasnt dropped in value at all while that ps3 on the other hand....

NEO G-TRON

Marked Wolf
I first got the AES you see in my profile pic back in 2004. That worked out nicely as my ex girl bought it for me with her step moms credit card on Ebay from HitJapan after I had gotten outbided for a US TG16CD setup. It sold for $135.00 and I was super upset over it. So she asked me what was my my favorite dream console and I told her the Neo Geo home system, it plays the Arcade games at home! She thought it was pretty cool so she straight up told me let's get you one then. Just like that, when it arrived it came with two joysticks, one old style and one kidney bean and a copy of KOF 94. The day I received it I absolutely feel in love with it! After that we both started collecting retro hardware together and enjoying it as a couple. When we finally separated in 2009 she kept most of her gaming stuff and of course I kept my AES. My new lady of 8 years now totally supports me being into the hobby and also collects a little and definitely loves helping me out when I host my So Cal Neo Geo retro gaming meetups. This is a pic of her in 2014 when she got her first Neo Geo CD. This one is definitely the one! She's totally cool with me having my entire place completely all setup with Candy cabs and PVM console setups!

Last edited:

Hasuki-san

Igniz's Servent
at least you have enough time making coffee for your girlfriend (or other things I can´t remember) during the loading times of your NGCD ;)