Post Your Recent Purchases!

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Are these the new reproductions? If it is, how does it compare to the original one?

Congrats bro. This is considered to be one of the best tables.

Yes Razo, this is the 2019 Remake (2016 was the first run) by CGC. Comparison to the original MM, it is just as good and if not better.

The build quality IMO is much better than a new Stern. The playfields are traditionally CMYK screened vs Digital print with new Sterns. The clear coat is well done and I see zero defects so far and no orange peel.

The advantages over the original:
- Modern electronics, LEDs, some of the mechs have been redesigned from years of documented repairs/wear on the original MM.
- It's new and starts at 8k. Before the Remake came out. Original MMs ranged from player condition to pristine 8k - 15k. Even after the 2016 remake, original MMs are 7k-12k.
- Upgradable. 2016 (Standard and LE models) and 2019 (Classic model) can upgrade to Color Displays, RGB lighting, and a new XL Display & Sound option as kits have been made.

Gameplay, even originals have differences in play, after all, every pin is wood. Most originals unless it has new playfield, are going to feel different especially from light - heavy routing over the years. Remember, all originals are now 23yrs old.

It's an excellent buy for the price, build quality, support, and the fact pre-owned originals are the same price or more.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yes Razo, this is the 2019 Remake (2016 was the first run) by CGC. Comparison to the original MM, it is just as good and if not better.

The build quality IMO is much better than a new Stern. The playfields are traditionally CMYK screened vs Digital print with new Sterns. The clear coat is well done and I see zero defects so far and no orange peel.

The advantages over the original:
- Modern electronics, LEDs, some of the mechs have been redesigned from years of documented repairs/wear on the original MM.
- It's new and starts at 8k. Before the Remake came out. Original MMs ranged from player condition to pristine 8k - 15k. Even after the 2016 remake, original MMs are 7k-12k.
- Upgradable. 2016 (Standard and LE models) and 2019 (Classic model) can upgrade to Color Displays, RGB lighting, and a new XL Display & Sound option as kits have been made.

Gameplay, even originals have differences in play, after all, every pin is wood. Most originals unless it has new playfield, are going to feel different especially from light - heavy routing over the years. Remember, all originals are now 23yrs old.

It's an excellent buy for the price, build quality, support, and the fact pre-owned originals are the same price or more.

Mad jealous bro. Never came close to a top tier table like MM and spending that kind of dough just isn't possible for me at the moment. I would love to get a hold of a Theater of Magic table one day. Would also settle for less expensive table like T2.

I've seen some reviews on the new MM remake and nothing but great things. For that price it better be great. Having leds instead of regular lights is a minor upgrade but makes a huge difference in maintaining the table. One less thing you have to worry about replacing anytime soon.

Congrats again.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Mad jealous bro. Never came close to a top tier table like MM and spending that kind of dough just isn't possible for me at the moment. I would love to get a hold of a Theater of Magic table one day. Would also settle for less expensive table like T2.

I'd kill saner for a Theater of Magic.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
:lolz:

Okay let's not get greedy...I'd also do it for a Star Trek TNG one.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
New w/o box 3DO with nearly all the materials/bags. Gotta love that 480i image on a PVM :lolz: I will be doing a 240p mod in the near future.

2020-02-0122.jpg

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
Let me know how the mod works out, especially if you do an output aside from composite or s-video.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Grabbed a few LaserDisc movies from a local forum for next to nothing. Mostly just for courier postage costs.

-Star Wars Trilogy: The Definitive Collection.
-Star Trek: The Movies (25th Anniversary Collection). 5 movies here.
-The Godfather Trilogy (Uncut). This is the one that plays the story in chronological order.
-Terminator 2 (Uncut Special Edition).
-Scarface (Signature Collection).
-Vertigo (Signature Collection).
-Psycho (Signature Collection).
-Jaws (Signature Collection).
-1941 (Signature Collection).
-Dante's Peak (Signature Collection).
-Logan's Run (Special Edition).
-Silverado (Special Edition).
-Ben Hur (35th Anniversary Edition).
-The African Queen (Limited Commemorative Edition).
-Gettysburg (Limited Collectors Edition).
-Pink Floyd: The Wall (Widescreen Collectors Edition).

bubba966

Cinema Ninja!,
Grabbed a few LaserDisc movies from a local forum for next to nothing. Mostly just for courier postage costs.

-Star Wars Trilogy: The Definitive Collection.
-Star Trek: The Movies (25th Anniversary Collection). 5 movies here.
-The Godfather Trilogy (Uncut). This is the one that plays the story in chronological order.
-Terminator 2 (Uncut Special Edition).
-Scarface (Signature Collection).
-Vertigo (Signature Collection).
-Psycho (Signature Collection).
-Jaws (Signature Collection).
-1941 (Signature Collection).
-Dante's Peak (Signature Collection).
-Logan's Run (Special Edition).
-Silverado (Special Edition).
-Ben Hur (35th Anniversary Edition).
-The African Queen (Limited Commemorative Edition).
-Gettysburg (Limited Collectors Edition).
-Pink Floyd: The Wall (Widescreen Collectors Edition).

Nice haul of box sets ya picked up there.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Nice haul of box sets ya picked up there.

They're all in great shape as well. Still looking for a decent player, tho. I have a Laseractive which is not great with LD quality playback, and an entry level type Sony player.
The best that I can do over here without importing seems to be a Pioneer DVL-919. But that owner is in Cape Town and doesn't want to ship to Joburg.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
CYBER Gadget - Retro Design - HDMI Selector 2 3-in-1
https://www.cybergadget.co.jp/products/4544859029233.html

jeW4Hyr.jpg

One Famicom design version exists too :
https://www.cybergadget.co.jp/products/4544859028090.html

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
I have already one HDMI switch 4K (VanCryst VS481C) and my XRGB-mini add two HDMI ports.
This one it's only for my Pi consoles. But yes, not enough HDMI ports on my TV (only 3)

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Do you really need to have everything connected at once? I never understood the people with 20 different fucking consoles connected to their TV's, is it so hard to get off your ass and swap a console now and again?

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
what's the point? not enough HDMI ports on your TV?

I could see it being handy if you have a bunch of little mini consoles in one spot like that. Personally I just have one HDMI and one micro USB power cord that I share and just plug them up to whichever system I feel like playing at the time.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Do you really need to have everything connected at once? I never understood the people with 20 different fucking consoles connected to their TV's, is it so hard to get off your ass and swap a console now and again?

Word

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Taito Canary I'm in the process of restoring:
uu2Pmmcl.jpg

Marital Champion, $50 shipped off ebay, who said all the deals are gone? Had to get the sound module changed:
wCcEnwVl.jpg

Free RCA TV I'm hoping I can figure out an RGB mod on:
d1KqMSBl.jpg

Last edited: