The Neo Geo mini is coming...

Superdanx

Goal! Goal! Goal!
10 Year Member
There has to be SOME reason behind the button layout change ...

You’ll probably find the same pcb in the joystick and game pads. The button layout is I assume to mirror the button layout on the pads and of course due to the size.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
You’ll probably find the same pcb in the joystick and game pads. The button layout is I assume to mirror the button layout on the pads and of course due to the size.

Nah, he means why the buttons have been swapped around on both the repro NGCD pad and mini cab, compared to an original NGCD pad. It just doesn't make any sense.

3rdStrikeMike

Dodgeball Yakuza
10 Year Member
I really can't stand that guy. In every video he makes he tries he tries to find "issues" and theories abound.

Totally agree. He's that typical YouTube gaming douchebag who throws his own spin on the same shit everyone has already made videos about. Gotta love the typical garbage clickbait thumbnail.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Totally agree. He's that typical YouTube gaming douchebag who throws his own spin on the same shit everyone has already made videos about. Gotta love the typical garbage clickbait thumbnail.

Plus, I would put a huge grain of salt on any Neo Geo information coming from a guy who went full Chinaman on his CMVS and killed his OSSC in the process.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
He should have used this thumbnail on the video where he f'd up his OSSC with the Chinese CMVS

:lolz:

it's important to remember these things are made for one purpose: CASH GRAB

I love all the wishful thinking and I also have wishes for it. But at the end of the day, it's a cash grab and will be either:

A.) Just good enough
B.) terrible

There are no other options IMO, SNK is not what it used to be and nobody cares about legacy or fans at all. All that said, I will blindly buy this.

This

An AES mini could really go a long way, and dare I say, would prolly sell out rather quickly.

And This.

Like Others Mentioned, they had the right idea with the Neo Geo X but it turned out to be a turd from what I hear, Never Purchased one.

I'm not saying I won't pick this up if it sells at a fair price but I'm not getting my hopes up as far as quality go's.

Last edited:

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Pretty cool. It will look great, next to my Coleco tabletops from the 80’s.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide

Controversy, that's like getting ads for free.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
Yeah, i like it and i will get one.
Probably never actually play it though, like most of you.

Gyrian

Hardened Shock Trooper
Well, this is more than I expected, but I did expect very little. Wonder if it's possible for the new button placement come down to mockup/photoshop shenanigans rather than a final design. An oversight, in other words. Price will be key on this thing, too. You can't command a premium on 'just good enough' this day and age, word gets around fast.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Not sure what all the issues were with the neoX but I know it was enough for me not to get one. I’m just not seeing SNK dropping a lot of development cash to build an emulator from the ground up. I do like the idea of the mini but I don’t see myself actually playing it as a mini. I’ll likely utilize the hdmi out and controllers in which case it will be weird as fuck having that shit hooked up to my tv and controllers dangling from it. A true neo-geo home console mini would have been more kickass.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
A true neo-geo home console mini would have been more kickass.

It's a bit of a foobar really because Tommo fucked up what SNK should have done from the start. A Neo Geo home console mini. Not that stupid handheld piece of shit and the home console 'dock'. It's ruined the fuckin plan completely.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
Yea I saw that. I lol'd. Now all of a sudden he has contacts that are close to the project. But can't disclose anything of course.

Why would the Europe and US have fucked up buttons. Yet, Japan had the correct button mapping.

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
I would like to offer a rebuttal, lol.
https://youtu.be/RF6lOhROjDc

‘This is 100% . I trust this guy 100%.i trust his contacts 100%. God could he say that any more times. Just makes me feel More that he is full of shit. Well all but one point he made. We all can agree the Chinese can’t put Neo geo games list in any kind of order that makes sense. Everything is all over the fucking place.

Last edited:

Neogeoman106st

Crossed Swords Squire
The MadLittlePixel guy takes clickbait to an entire new level.

yeah now he's set himself up for all possible clickbait timelines. where it really turns out to be a hoax or the real deal. both resulting in a Super mega hyper explosion of action.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
I am really fucking tired of the theme youtubers have with having shelves full of videogame shit behind them like it makes them an authority on everything gaming.

You're right. They should just use a bed sheet as a backdrop. Or better yet their empty beer bottle collections.