PSN dropping PSP support this month

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Noooo!!!!!!!!!

This shouldn't affect transferring digital files from a PS3, I hope. I have a Vita, but there are many games I still prefer on the ol' 3000.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Article said:
There is a way to circumvent the inconvenience, mind, as gamers can just log into the SEN web store and download the desired games onto their systems. Additionally, gamers can download games to their PS3s and connect their PSPs via a USB cable

Oh, okay. All is well. I usually used the PS3 anyway since downloading large files from the PSP itself had issues.

cdamm

Trust the French?
10 Year Member
and this is why i like physical media.

you cant blame them for no longer supporting something that has now been discontinued for the better part of a year and does not make them money. thats business. but at least with my 3000 i can still buy umd titles.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Meh, there's something to be said for having everything you want to play on a 64 GB memory card without ever having to swap anything out. The way I look at it, by the time a network gets taken offline I can resort to other means to put those games I purchased back on the device if I need to. This is certainly true with the PSP.

Off topic, but I was just playing Doom on my 3000 last night. I love that thing.

ki_atsushi

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
This blows, gonna have to pick some stuff up before it's gone.

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've got a white Vader PSP and I've been avoiding modding it and Keep it official but I guess there is no longer any reason to do so. I wonder if you still will be able to connect your PSP to your PS3 to download games already in your library or if it will be affected?

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
Just get CFW, download the isos and stop crying.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
The cfw issue is moot. You can have cfw and still buy stuff from the store. The cfw is also not permanent in any way. Go do it, you'll be happy you did.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member

Fucking this. I don't mind digital only when it's the only choice you have but physical media means I never have to worry about losing access to games I want.

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
Man this sucks. I knew this day was coming but not this soon.

I mean I've been using CFW for several years now but I still buy and download games on PSN (Just bought a bunch of Atlus games) when they go on sale. There's still a few more I wanted to get. Hopefully they put everything they can on sale for cheap before they take them off.

Bean_Bandit

New Challenger
I know emulation isn't particularly smiled upon here, but if you haven't been following/using PPSSPP, you are doing yourself and your PSP library a disservice. It's nothing short of amazing that a "modern" console has been emulated so well. http://www.ppsspp.org/

Phyeir

My only regret is that I have... Boneitis!

you cant blame them for no longer supporting something that has now been discontinued for the better part of a year and does not make them money. thats business. but at least with my 3000 i can still buy umd titles.

This, all day everyday.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Good thing I have a PSP2000.

I wonder how long would that PS3 online connectivity be supported now that PS4 is out. Chances are one day that, too, would be discontinued.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I know emulation isn't particularly smiled upon here, but if you haven't been following/using PPSSPP, you are doing yourself and your PSP library a disservice. It's nothing short of amazing that a "modern" console has been emulated so well. http://www.ppsspp.org/

Interesting, I hadn't heard of this one. I'll have to give it a go for shits and giggles. Thanks for the heads up!

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
I'm kind of torn. I like the convenience of playing games right on the system, but it's easy to sell games that are physical media.

Oh well.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
They aren't removing PSP games from the store..they are just removing the store from your PSP.

You can still download to your Vita, PS3 or PS TV when it comes out I'd venture.

Not the end of the world.

Last edited:

Wachenroder

Galford's Poppy Trainer
^ Thats what I was wondering about. Thanks

Hope they keep adding PSP games to the store then

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Fucking this. I don't mind digital only when it's the only choice you have but physical media means I never have to worry about losing access to games I want.

Why I ripped all my UMDs and digital downloads and tossed the ISOs on DL BDs. I have a 3000 and a Go anyway.

Stop being lazy and back up both.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Why I ripped all my UMDs and digital downloads and tossed the ISOs on DL BDs. I have a 3000 and a Go anyway.

Stop being lazy and back up both.

Who's being lazy? I don't give enough of a shit about most of the PSP Library and I already have all the UMD titles I ever wanted on the system. Doesn't change the fact I still prefer solid state media over digital. I also said I don't mind digital when it's the only choice to get something I'd like to play but I prefer solid state media for things like this.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
The problem is the PSP was such a good piece of hardware. Still seems more impressive than the Vita. I like the interface a ton more than those stupid M&M/Smartie Icons on the Vita.

It's probably to push people to Vita and their set top TV box.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
If anyone wants physical games or isn't into cfw, estarland is having a sale on all PSP used games. 20% off some good titles

ReplicaX

Unholy Custom Rank.,
15 Year Member
Who's being lazy? I don't give enough of a shit about most of the PSP Library and I already have all the UMD titles I ever wanted on the system. Doesn't change the fact I still prefer solid state media over digital. I also said I don't mind digital when it's the only choice to get something I'd like to play but I prefer solid state media for things like this.

Solid State media in a UMD Drive that is mechanical. I'm not disagreeing with your point on Physical media. UMD Drives fail, its common on PSPs. Even with a failed drive you can still play off mem cards. Why I recommend backing up your UMD Games. At least PSPs have that option.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Well it's way past the 15th but I logged into the PSN shop on my PSP today. Still able to download games.