Show me your white MVS carts!

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Rental carts in Japan were issued in white. Some English carts were also issued in white. Here's mine, show me yours :lolz:

DSCN7835.jpg

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Nice Rental collection, Dave.

I wonder... I am assuming they did not release rental carts for every game. I feel a list coming on, something for the new site.
The rentals were only available in Japan too weren't they? Were the English white ones just normal releases? Did they have the big SNK logo on them too?

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rentals had SNK-G embossed on the cart.

Sent from my SGH-i917 using Board Express

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Rentals had SNK-G embossed on the cart.

Come on there is no need to pick me up on that, you knew what I meant...;)

Sent from my Laptop using a keyboard

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
I said that because I don't think that PB2 was a rental.

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
So did SNK ever sell the rentals? Did they liquidate them? I have 2 rentals. RB2 is one.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Oh yeah. Did the rentals have the SNK-G on both sides of the cart.

So that Kof2001, is that a normal cart too. The colour just don't look right.
The rentals are a different kind of white to the normal carts. Normal ones are more of a solid colour.

Dave, got a better picture for us.

Adderall

Leona's Therapist
The only white rentals I have are JP... and they have the SNK on the cart.

I want to get more of them!! if anyone wants to trade let me know!

neo_X7

Disciple Of Orochi
I have a Last Blade 1, 2, KOF 98 and KOF 2001. Nice to know what these are I was always afraid that something wasn't legit about them.

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
Rentals are a milky white. The others are solid white.

rcantor77

Baseball Star Hitter
Yeah, what I thought. So that KoF2001 is most likely a standard cart too.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
That's interesting. I didn't know about the rental carts.. is there a particular reason they did this in white to differentiate between them? Was there a price difference when they were initially sold?

Fett

Camel Slug
Who was renting MVS carts at the time, Arcades? Can't imagine rental being more economical for arcade owners than just straight up buying them.

sammybean

Shigen's Fitness Trainer
Who was renting MVS carts at the time, Arcades? Can't imagine rental being more economical for arcade owners than just straight up buying them.

Hotels, for the hotel unit?

ngdeck.jpg

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
SNKG carts look ugly as hell. They are a pearl color. kof 2001 had a different white and various 1998 titles were in a different white.

valgalder

Kula's Candy
oh yeah, I forgot the hotel units used MVS carts and not AES. That makes a little more sense.

The_Chosen_One

Buriki One Master

Well new arcade games are pricey, as in thousands of dollars. So if you don't know how well a game will do or not, it would make sense to have a rental setup. Especially for a smaller or new arcade that doesn't have the experience etc. Try it out for say $100 a month if it is a money maker I'm sure there would be an option to buy, if not send it back for a different game.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
This thread makes me covet rental carts...

somebody sell me some !

valgalder

Kula's Candy
Is there anywhere or anybody that has more information on those hotel units? Do they have soft / hard dips, to change settings, disable timing, etc? Is it a 4 slot?? Just curious..

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I only have two rental carts. A Pulstar and a TSS. Got them for cheap probably because the sellers didn't think they were all that legit.

2D_mastur

Is he greater than XD Master?
10 Year Member
I only have two rental carts. A Pulstar and a TSS. Got them for cheap probably because the sellers didn't think they were all that legit.

Damn dude, I bet that rental Pulstar cart is sweet looking. Does it have a silver serial sticker? That'd be the cherry on top.

neo-geo-mvs

Sieger's Squire
10 Year Member
Nice Rental collection, Dave.

I wonder... I am assuming they did not release rental carts for every game. I feel a list coming on, something for the new site.
The rentals were only available in Japan too weren't they? Were the English white ones just normal releases? Did they have the big SNK logo on them too?

I think a list would be good but not sure where we would get that information about what rental carts were released.

Yeah like Xian Xi said, the KOF 2001 and Puzzle Bobble 2 where not rental carts but are just the standard solid white carts. The rental carts as far as I'm aware were released in Japan only in a milky white with SNK-G on both sides.

I personally like them! :D