The Walking Dead TV series courtesy of AMC.

Eric

Fight On!,
I was really hoping they would skip the walking deus ex machina, Michonne. On the plus side, since the only unique character trait she possesses is the ambition to sleep with any black member of the group, there's finally hope for T-Dogg.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
The Walking Dead would really benefit from love scenes with furries.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I was really hoping they would skip the walking deus ex machina, Michonne. On the plus side, since the only unique character trait she possesses is the ambition to sleep with any black member of the group, there's finally hope for T-Dogg.

This is my exact problem with the character. I have to laugh that 66% of people polled during Talking Dead thought her appearance was the high point of the episode. Really?

She's really a pretty terrible character and if the show wanted to deviate and have her get killed early on, I think I'd cheer.

As for T-Dog and Michonne, he deserves better.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
I used to think that something was going on between Glenn and Dale.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
This is my exact problem with the character. I have to laugh that 66% of people polled during Talking Dead thought her appearance was the high point of the episode. Really?

She's really a pretty terrible character and if the show wanted to deviate and have her get killed early on, I think I'd cheer.

As for T-Dog and Michonne, he deserves better.

Dude, high five.

Zc3th.jpg

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Look! A screenshot of something I said, and I wasn't making fun of cancer this time.

Poonman

macebronian
15 Year Member
Never read the comic but I'm here to offer solidarity with the "fuck michonne" crowd.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
Wes, I read your comments on that FB exchange to my wife and ten minutes later she's still laughing.

And a guy that can make my wife laugh more than me is dangerous to my relationship.

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
I learned last night that I'm not allowed to talk about other member's wives anyway. Even when Iron Maiden is involved :(

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I learned last night that I'm not allowed to talk about other member's wives anyway. Even when Iron Maiden is involved :(

Are you sad because you broke an unspoken rule or because you wish it wasn't a rule to begin with?

SonGohan

Made of Wood
20 Year Member
Are you sad because you broke an unspoken rule or because you wish it wasn't a rule to begin with?

I'm sad because my awesome comments were deleted. Now I know how wasabi feels :(

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
I sometimes wonder about all the shit human beings will never be able to go back and learn about because of the destruction of history. And more importantly, how later generations will redefine humanity by the artifacts left behind.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
I'm sad because my awesome comments were deleted. Now I know how wasabi feels :(

People have to stop trying to control things. The path of reason and comfort is the path to mediocrity.

I also hate it when people get their posts hard deleted here. I like these things to be preserved so that we can look back and be like, "yeah, that guy was a total moron."

Hot Chocolate

No Longer Yung, No Longer Raoul,
20 Year Member
a love scene would give him too much screen time in any episode. cant break tradition.

Plus he'd die soon afterwards if they keep the tradition of every guy she bangs meeting a violent end streak going

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Is she from the West Indies?

Because they be trifflin'.

Eric

Fight On!,
Figured this counts as the all inclusive Walking Dead thread so I just wanted to remind everyone that the first episode of the Walking Dead game came out this week (Friday for Xbox) and I have to say that it's pretty great.

I had played the Sam and Max and Back to the Future games from Telltale, and while those are adequate for a laugh or two or just a quick diversion, this game definitely shows that they can make some fantastic gaming. The whole interface and presentation seems miles beyond their previous work (didn't play Jurassic Park so I can't comment on that series) and it plays a lot more smoothly and intuitively.

Not a lot in the way of puzzles (certainly nothing like you would see in a Monkey Island title) so don't expect this to be a challenge more than it's a choose your own adventure. And in this game I at least feel that I'm making choices that affect the world and the characters. I turned off the indicator for when a choice I made had an effect (and I would recommend you do the same) and I don't expect my decisions to completely alter the storyline but it did feel like the characters responded to you differently depending on your decisions. I'll have to see how that carries over to the next episode but this is the only time I felt a desire to go back for a second play through just to see where the other paths will take me.

I think a company even as prestigious as Bioware could learn from a game like this in how you don't have to always have the clear cut good/evil choices. If I want to be a jerk to everyone than I'll pick out those jerk responses but there's no need to hold my hand and give me +2 bad guy points.