My CD collection

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
My current cd collection.

WP_20160108_20_51_54_Pro.jpgWP_20160108_20_55_14_Pro.jpgWP_20160108_20_56_48_Pro.jpg

If anyone has spine cards for cd games they dont want and wanna sell let me know.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
Cdz. When you got that many cd games you gotta commit to it.

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Have you thought about the bios chip mod for your cdz? There might be some cutting involved, but the one in my top loader is awesome.

cat

It's Time Us Welsh, Stood on our own 2 feet, WEL_S
Nice collection ysselcneogeo, with the amount of fighting games you got the cdz would be the logical choice to own.
My top loader got pretty bad loading times for the handfull of fighting games i've had for it, luckily i'm not a huge fighting game fan so i've sold on most of them.
Hope i'm not hijacking your post, but just incase you're interested, here's a couple of pics of my meagre haul, bare in mind i'm not a collector as such and buy games i want (unless i find one cheap lol).

IMG_20160115_214449265.jpgIMG_20160115_214559728.jpg

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I got 46 games for the NGCD...I started when I let go of the AES and got into MVS, at first I wasn't sure if it was a good idea or not but over time I started appreciating the system more and more due to it's top quality stereo chip and S-video signal, my AES was bare bones, this is way back before modding was a regular thing. I love my Top Loader, the only thing done to it is a jumper for JP region, I just wanted red blood you know...

cat

I agree with you 100% electricgrave with regards to the stereo chip, the system does sound very sweet on the ear.
Don't know if you fella's would agree with me but what has really shocked me is the price of a lot of the games, it's gone ridiculous, up untill about 2-3 months ago i hadn't bought a game in like 6-8 years, so when i started to trawl ebay for some of the games i fancied (cyberlip, twinkle star sprites, big tournament golf, ironclad, metal slug 1 and 2) boy did i get a shock.
Peeps are sticking them on as BIN's and asking stupid money, i'd have thought they'd struggle to sell them at the prices they're asking, make's me sorry now that i didn't just go for it and get the other 15-20 games i fancy years ago when i could have, lol hindsight is a wonderfull thing.

Wyeth

n00b
The whole hobby is getting out of hand, prices seem be exponentially rising on all systems. When will the bubble burst and prices normalize?

WoodyXP

Setsuna's Owl Keeper,
15 Year Member
The whole hobby is getting out of hand, prices seem be exponentially rising on all systems. When will the bubble burst and prices normalize?

When retro games, beards and Pabst Blue Ribbon go out of style. Could be awhile.

90s

This is the hand that launched a thousand batches.
Nice collection. Most of my neo games are CD as well, though I have much fewer games than you. I have a CD-Z as well, though I would not mind a regular neo CD; all of the CD consoles look great.

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I agree with you 100% electricgrave with regards to the stereo chip, the system does sound very sweet on the ear.
Don't know if you fella's would agree with me but what has really shocked me is the price of a lot of the games, it's gone ridiculous, up untill about 2-3 months ago i hadn't bought a game in like 6-8 years, so when i started to trawl ebay for some of the games i fancied (cyberlip, twinkle star sprites, big tournament golf, ironclad, metal slug 1 and 2) boy did i get a shock.
Peeps are sticking them on as BIN's and asking stupid money, i'd have thought they'd struggle to sell them at the prices they're asking, make's me sorry now that i didn't just go for it and get the other 15-20 games i fancy years ago when i could have, lol hindsight is a wonderfull thing.
Ive got big tournament golf just the disk. Im seriously considering just trying to find a print of the front and back cover because the prices people want for it are moronic and I already have the most important part, the actual game.

Theres only a handful of games i'd actually wanna play left to buy however I do from time to time buy stuff when I find deals. My collecting slow way down as prices got way stupid. Anything more than $100 for a complete neo cd game seems like just pure retardation.

Last edited:

cat

My collecting slow way down as prices got way stupid. Anything more than $100 for a complete neo cd game seems like just pure retardation.

I've had another 3 games back burning fight, sengoku and big tournament golf paid about 160 quid for the 3, had them from yamatoku on ebay even with postage from japan still way cheaper than the prices that some sellers/clowns are looking to get.
The one i really want is ironclad but that is one seriously expensive purchase. And you are quite right about the prices they are getting stupid.

Last edited:

ysselcneogeo

Fio's Quartermaster
10 Year Member
I've had another 3 games back burning fight, sengoku and big tournament golf paid about 160 quid for the 3, had them from yamatoku on ebay even with postage from japan still way cheaper than the prices that some sellers/clowns are looking to get.
The one i really want is ironclad but that is one seriously expensive purchase. And you are quite right about the prices they are getting stupid.
What sucks is ebay is the only real source left for cd games but the prices are insane. If you look at it tho no ones buying them. I dont get why they keep raising the prices when there is no market. CD has always been a cheap market that very few are into. Trying to inflate the prices is just getting no where.

No clue if this works on this forum but, thought i'd also show a video I did of my setup

https://www.facebook.com/TylerLongCless/videos/vb.809550116/10156350314355117/?type=3&theater

Last edited:

cat

What sucks is ebay is the only real source left for cd games but the prices are insane. If you look at it tho no ones buying them. I dont get why they keep raising the prices when there is no market. CD has always been a cheap market that very few are into. Trying to inflate the prices is just getting no where.

No clue if this works on this forum but, thought i'd also show a video I did of my setup

https://www.facebook.com/TylerLongCless/videos/vb.809550116/10156350314355117/?type=3&theater

You're quite correct when you say that nobody is buying them, and the reason is the insane BIN's that these peeps are sticking on them, if these guy's really want to sell their stuff start the auction at a quid and let it roll, being greedy will bite you on the arse in the main.
Yamatoku open the bidding low with no reserve and just let it roll, shame others didn't as well.

mahesak

Morden's Lackey
Nice collection :)

I see you have Metal Slug so don't miss for Metal slug 2 also.

Metal Slug76

Cheng's Errand Boy
Sweet Neo CD collection.

I had the Neo CD many years ago (90's), and really loved the sound quality, but the load times really got to me and I sold everything and went to MVS. Now there are all sorts of mods and CDZ to help with the original US versions faults.

Very underrated system for sure.

violentluke

New Challenger
noob question for you regarding the neo geo cd, was there a lot of games released for the system that wasnt available for MVS/AES?
Very nice collection btw

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Just a handful if that...

Iron Clad (you can get it now though)
Crossed Swords II (you can sorta get it now although lacking the OST)
Zintrick (You can also get it now)
Samsho RPG (lol, forget that)

I'm sure there's something else I'm forgetting. You can get those games now thanks to the Neo community but they're not official releases.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Just a handful if that...

Iron Clad (you can get it now though)
Crossed Swords II (you can sorta get it now although lacking the OST)
Zintrick (You can also get it now)
Samsho RPG (lol, forget that)

I'm sure there's something else I'm forgetting. You can get those games now thanks to the Neo community but they're not official releases.

Not really "games" but there's also ADK World and Neo Geo Special. And then of course some games have features that are only on the CD versions and some have arranged music as well.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
Yeah, combat school on Mslug and the KOF galleries are also worth it...