Official SNK Neo-Geo Book: NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY ネオジオ〜目で楽しむ軌跡〜 (Publisher Bitmap Books)

frazer99

Living on the wrong, side of the Pennines,
20 Year Member
Hello Frazer,
I apologize for late to join here ... I stay away from Neogeo for years but it's not mean to forgive collection.
Your book makes me feel exciting to come back for Neogeo again. I will have pre-order if you are ready ... I will choose both normal and special edition :)

Thank for nice doing ...

Regards
Saad

No worries Saad, we are currently planning for pre-orders to open next month.

fustylad

n00b
Excited for this one, Bitmap quality is excellent and a book about Neo Geo makes it a guaranteed sale for me. Thank you for your hard work!

bytestorm

Armored Scrum Object
Excited for this one, Bitmap quality is excellent and a book about Neo Geo makes it a guaranteed sale for me. Thank you for your hard work!

Sure is! I just got their commodore amiga, famicom, super famicom hardcover books a week ago and they are supernice! High quality work :)

frazer99

20 Year Member
Looking like pre-orders to open on the 5th of June. Edit.....now confirmed 5th of June it is!

Last edited:

frazer99

20 Year Member
Do we use the link in your sig, once pre-orders open?

http://eepurl.com/cCq7Vj

A new dedicated page will be set up on the Bitmap Books website. I expect the pre-order email will be sent to those who are signed up to the Bitmap Books newsletter. Other Bitmap Books pre-orders have opened at 7am UK time. I'll ensure the link is posted here too.

frazer99

20 Year Member
We have now received all the comments from SNK following the translation of the book into Japanese. SNK have reviewed everything so we have a fair bit to work through and make changes. Fact checking and information sources are also required for the parts they can't verify. So all of this will take a few days at least. We are still committed to the 5th of June for the launch of the pre-orders. We'll aim to post some teaser images soon.

frazer99

20 Year Member
The changes from SNK generally related to anything 'legal', without going into the detail, such as trademarks are present, rights are acknowledged etc. Anything to do with 3rd parties, SNK is very sensitive about.The whole Aruze era and subsequent Chinese buy out is also a sensitive area so we need to work on that section. Mostly it's just minor edits or rewording - it's just there's a fair volume to work through.

Last edited:

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Sweet! June will be here before we know it. Thank as always for keeping us in the loop!

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Thanks for obliging me, frazer99, very professional. Sensitive bastards, eh? Good luck on those last meters and remember: you're almost there, al... most... there... ;).

ani-sw_almost_there.gif

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
We have now received all the comments from SNK following the translation of the book into Japanese. SNK have reviewed everything so we have a fair bit to work through and make changes. Fact checking and information sources are also required for the parts they can't verify. So all of this will take a few days at least. We are still committed to the 5th of June for the launch of the pre-orders. We'll aim to post some teaser images soon.

How long after the book is preordered, can we expect it to ship?

Any way to add another Bitmap Book to the preorder to save on shipping cost to the U.S.

frazer99

20 Year Member
How long after the book is preordered, can we expect it to ship?

Any way to add another Bitmap Book to the preorder to save on shipping cost to the U.S.

The book should go to print in late May. It's then 12 weeks approx. for the finished copies to received back in the UK. I'd estimate it should ship at the start of September. I would expect you will be able to add another book to save on shipping but can't confirm that for sure. The answer should be covered in the FAQs once the pre-orders are open.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
The book should go to print in late May. It's then 12 weeks approx. for the finished copies to received back in the UK. I'd estimate it should ship at the start of September. I would expect you will be able to add another book to save on shipping but can't confirm that for sure. The answer should be covered in the FAQs once the pre-orders are open.

Cool! Can't wait!

After making the revisions/additions requested by SNK, do they go over the book once again?
Does this process repeat until both you and SNK is ok with the end product?

(I would imagine using PDF files, publishing programs, and email this process is fairly quick process.)

frazer99

20 Year Member
Cool! Can't wait!

After making the revisions/additions requested by SNK, do they go over the book once again?
Does this process repeat until both you and SNK is ok with the end product?

(I would imagine using PDF files, publishing programs, and email this process is fairly quick process.)

Once we have made the revisions and provided some requested sources I'm hopeful that should be it and we are OK to proceed. The process hasn't been as quick as we would have liked due to the translation process. It does feel like we are on the home straight now!

frazer99

20 Year Member
Short update from Bitmap Books on the NeoGeo Book with an image of the book cover: http://mailchi.mp/bitmapbooks/bitmap-books-may-newsletter

Thanks to everyone who has waited patiently for some news about NEOGEO: A VISUAL HISTORY since we announced it back in February.

We're delighted to say that the book is very nearly complete and currently in the final stages of proofing and checking. Watch this space as we're currently planning a proper update where we can share lots more information and designed pages.

Pre-orders will open on Monday 5th June and it's on schedule to be released in the late summer.

1CiOqZM.jpg

Last edited:

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Not feeling the book cover at all.

If you wanted to use the "visual" aspect for the cover, I think it would have been better to have done a collage or gotten one of the artists at SNK to draw up some original art.

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
Yeah, I have to say that the cover misses the mark. You had the right idea with the black and gold but the art just sucks the life of it. Nice big "Neo-Geo" logo in gold foil on the black would have been infinitely better, clean and simple.

Last edited:

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
Yeah, I have to say that the cover misses the mark. You had the right idea with the black and gold but the art just sucks the life of it. Nice big "Neo-Geo" logo in gold foil on the black would have been infinitely better, clean and simple.

I'd tend to agree. The gold foil logo on black/dark gray would work best, and instantly be recognizable/synonymous with the AES.

Bar81

Note to self, Place interesting, Custom rank here.
20 Year Member
Agreed. That's a horrible cover. As above, either the Neo Geo logo or a collage would be more appropriate.