NGP/NGPC Sales and Auction Thread.

totoro

X>2, (He is so wrong -Ed),
Haha indeed as one of the underbidders i can only hope for reversi at 300 bucks :)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
$480 LoL for what is likely a shitty game.
:lol:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
All of these prices are insane because less than a year ago i picked up a ton of titles for next to nothing.

edit: picked up UK Clamshell's for clarity.

Last edited:
I'm confused. How is it this copy sold for $480, but I've seen them on the UK ebay selling around $12 dollars loose. Is the box really worth $468, or is this version special? I'm new to Neo Geo Pocket collecting.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I'm confused. How is it this copy sold for $480, but I've seen them on the UK ebay selling around $12 dollars loose. Is the box really worth $468, or is this version special? I'm new to Neo Geo Pocket collecting.

Hi A.D,

Essentially 'yes'.
This game was recalled prior to general release (along with all NGPC games outside of Japan). A few slipped through but those that were returned were removed from their packaging and the packaging was destroyed.
So complete versions are highly prized by collectors.

Jeez. People ARE aware that you cant play the box, right? :tickled: So did some of those recalled, boxless reversi find their way back on the market in those blister packs? I know that happened for some games, like there's no boxed copies of Last Blade.

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
Jeez. People ARE aware that you cane play the box, right? :tickled: So did some of those recalled, boxless reversi find their way back on the market in those blister packs? I know that happened for some games, like there's no boxed copies of Last Blade.

Exactly. Aruze seemed to have acted in haste and repented at leisure.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
And the collectors are the ones paying out of their noses...for cardboard boxes.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
And the collectors are the ones paying out of their noses...for cardboard boxes.

So what. If collectors can afford it, then what's the problem? People collect all types of things and some of those things serve no purpose at all except for something to look at.

More often than not, it seems the people who really have issues with these prices are those that are realising that the chance of ever owning said title, is gradually slipping out of their affordable grasp.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
Next thing you know, you'll need an expert to "authenticate" those cardboard boxes, too.

New business for DavidG.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
Next thing you know, you'll need an expert to "authenticate" those cardboard boxes, too.

New business for DavidG.

Troll elsewhere, your attempts at bringing anything even remotely inspiring or interesting here has failed.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,

Nice plastic boxes in this case, but yes absolutely.
The 'complete' UK collection is only 39 titles, many of which are relatively cheap and plentiful, along with the consoles.
So it's easy for collectors to start thinking about having that 'complete collection'.

The snag is of course that Aruze fecked us all up with the fubar recall.

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
So what. If collectors can afford it, then what's the problem? People collect all types of things and some of those things serve no purpose at all except for something to look at.

More often than not, it seems the people who really have issues with these prices are those that are realising that the chance of ever owning said title, is gradually slipping out of their affordable grasp.

I agree.
Collecting is a funny thing.
I'm a bit of a collector ;)
Really the only concern for me when buying something for one of my collections is: am I likely to be able to recoup my investment if I decide to sell it again and if not then is the loss mitigated by my enjoyment of the item?

So, at the moment, we are seeing a bit of a resurgence of interest in retro handhelds via the advancing technology of the modding scene I guess.
So are people going to fret too much about spending money on games that are genuinely rare?
I don't think so particularly.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Troll elsewhere, your attempts at bringing anything even remotely inspiring or interesting here has failed.

I wouldn't say it's a full on troll. He does have a point in terms of people trying to bootleg shit of any high $ value.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
I wonder if 8man will start authenticating NGPC cardboard boxes, for a modest fee of course.

Last edited:

Metal Slug

Handheld Hitter,
I wouldn't say it's a full on troll. He does have a point in terms of people trying to bootleg shit of any high $ value.

As the paper inserts would be pretty easy to copy, I'd already be suspicious of rare games that have cases but no manuals.

F4U57

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member

Yeah, it's not full on, it's weak.

"cardboard boxes", "DavidG"... who cares. Just trawls every thread and offers an irrelevant one-liner to +1 his account. Guy should be locked in the "WTF Ebay Auction" thread.

There's the ol' ignore list. XD

lol, what a precious foggot!

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Yeah, it's not full on, it's weak.

"cardboard boxes", "DavidG"... who cares. Just trawls every thread and offers an irrelevant one-liner to +1 his account. Guy should be locked in the "WTF Ebay Auction" thread.

lol, what a precious foggot!

Well my man weak or not it's still a good point. Bootlegging has become an art form to the point that even making perfect copies of pocket games wouldn't be so far fetched. I'm glad I never had too much interest in the pocket because knowing myself I'd spend more money then I should on something that's obviously harder and harder to obtain in terms of a full game library.

And yeah you do have a point he's a major one-liner but the mods seem to love his posting style or lack thereof with his dial-up connection so I just take him with a grain of salt anyways.

Also The manuals could be easily faked and those boxes as well. The cardboard ones would be much easier to fake then the snaplock ones since you've obviously have to have a mold made for it.

Last edited:

turq

Quiz Detective
The cardboard ones would be much easier to fake then the snaplock ones since you've obviously have to have a mold made for it.

I disagree.

A counterfeiter could simply buy inexpensive snaplock titles and replace the printed portion with their faked wares.