BEST AES PUZZLE STYLE GAME?

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
Hey guys, I was looking through my (small but good) AES collection, and it occurred to me that I don't have a single puzzle game. Can you guys suggest what you think would be the best puzzle game to look for on the cartridge AES? Thanks for any advice/opinions in advance!
biggrin.gif

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
If you can get a hold of it: Magical Drop 3.
By far my favorite puzzle game on Neo. I would go as far as to say it's one my favorite puzzles of all time. If you dont pick it up on AES, you should try it out on Neo Pocket.

------------------
ntm.jpg

N-T-M

Laserblast

Hardened Shock Trooper
Thanks NeoTurfMasta.
smile.gif
I looked at the AES release list again-looking for puzzle games this time-and realized how few were released. For some reason I thought there were more released for AES. It looks like most of the puzzle style games stayed on MVS (Neo Mr.Do, Bust a Move, Neo Bomberman, ect...) Sigh
frown.gif
I appriciate your suggestion! Thanx and have good ones!
biggrin.gif

B

Bobak!

Laserblast,

Your only "easy-to-find" puzzle game on home cart is Puzzled (Japanese title: Joy Joy Kid). While it is the smallest home cart in terms of MEG count (22), its a fun rendition of Tetris with a twist. While it isn't perfect, its not bad -and can usually be gotten for a reasonable price.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
The best is magical drop 3 but $$$ hehe

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

Magical Drop 3 is great but like the others said Puzzles is your best alternative if you are looking for something less expensive.

djbomberman

NAM-75 Vet
Puzzle Bobble/ Bust a Move. Chicks dig it and once that music gets into your head your hooked. Dun.da.dun.da...dun..da....ree ree... Also love the animation on them as one cranks the wheel and the other pulls the bubble out of the bag.....
smile.gif

------------------
25713188.gif

The fire burns in my soul.

Neo Bomber Man

Miracle Seller, , ,
Yet most annoyingly it was never released for the home system. Maybe it was too much of a quarter muncher that MVS sales just kept booming so they canned the idea of bringing it home. Or even that Taito & SNK had a disagreement (very plausible considering SNK's track record) and it fell through. Who knows.

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by Neo Bomber Man:
Yet most annoyingly it was never released for the home system. Maybe it was too much of a quarter muncher that MVS sales just kept booming so they canned the idea of bringing it home. Or even that Taito & SNK had a disagreement (very plausible considering SNK's track record) and it fell through. Who knows.

I think it had more to do with the release of the CD system. By making one of the most popular games a CD-only title it encouraged people to pick up the system.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

Shawn

snkusa.com
Top 3 Puzzle games on the neo, in my opinion:

Magical Drop 3
Money Puzzle Exchanger
Bust-A-Move

It’s a shame only one of them made it to the home system.

PrOzErG

Sacrifice is pleasure, , ,
Yep its Magical Drop3 but its a hellofalot fun to play you cant get tired of it !!!!!!!

------------------
kof97_ryujinyamazakilaff.gif

YOU DONT LIKE ME? "THEN FUCK OFF"

chainsawyak

Raiden's Valet
How much does Magical Drop 3 sell for on home cart? I was seriously thinking about getting that... It looks awesome. Did it have an official SNK release? NGF would have to pry the money out of my dying hands before they got any of my money....

------------------
~~Thanks
Çhâïñ§åw ¥àK
Tempest X000!!!
My Game Trading Zone Page

"Defending the Neo Geo CD until the day I die."

wjw123

Krauser's Henchman
Originally posted by chainsawyak:
How much does Magical Drop 3 sell for on home cart? I was seriously thinking about getting that... It looks awesome. Did it have an official SNK release? NGF would have to pry the money out of my dying hands before they got any of my money....

I picked up Magical Drop 3 for $275. Its an official Japanese cart - Check the AES price list and the Master List on your left.
I have seen it for $45 MVS (arcade) Version.