Weiya CV-04 opinions?

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I posted this on shmups as well but i wanted to hear what you guys thought of too.

These WeiYa CV-04 boards that convert RGB to Svideo/Composite, they any good?
Im looking for affordable yet decent capture options and solutions for RGB from my Jamma Arcade and other RGB devices.

Has anyone got/used one of these. Theres only 4 youtube videos of them in use and the results dont look terrible.
I was thinking about outputting the signal in Svideo to a cheapo capture card.
Its probably a really janky and probably horrible solution but I wanted to know anyones experiences.

Edit realized this link was broken, incase people want to see for reference
http://www.starcab.net/ressources/docs/conv/VIDEO2XXX.pdf

Thanks Again :glee:

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I'd stay away from anything Wei-Ya. It will blow up for no reason and take some stuff out with it. Speaking from experience of any Wei-Ya stuff.

Geekman1222

Kula's Candy
I'd stay away from anything Wei-Ya. It will blow up for no reason and take some stuff out with it. Speaking from experience of any Wei-Ya stuff.

thanks for the advice :D, do you have any alternatives. I seen an inline jamma composite Svideo converter for video capture a few times around forums and online but they are stupid pricey in my honest oppinion for what they are

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I use a sanwa product, but it's 200 bucks and prolly not what you are looking for pricewise.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Yeah i think thats what i was thinking of. I mean eventually i guess i could save up for something fancy :/

It really is great, but then you have to worry about your capture device. Not many like the arcade frequencies. 55-57 many just output bad sync.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I've got an OOOOLLLLLDDDDDDD Startech EZCap, and it struggles with some games, but when it does work, it works great.