MVS & AES NEOSD flash card... AES Version ANNOUNCED & AVAILABLE!!

neosd

Neosd Developer
I lived in China.

In fact, i never got any information about the tracking number or parcel number,my order's statue is "payment accepted" from last Dec until Now,i have never received any notice about shipping,so what good for going to the local postal agency ?

I used this same address to get stuff from Krikzz,RetroUSB,ebay,amazon and never lost any parcel. so why should i move to other place?

I got final email from neosd team at 11th,Feb. and at that email ,they told me to come to this forum.and their final reply to me at this thread post at 11th,May .after that,it seems no need to reply me anymore.even if they keep reply anyone else.

i keep sending email to them but my email all go to their spam folder.i added notice at online store but no reply,i post here but been ignored.

what do you suggest if you come to this situation.

Hello,

Yes, if you send multiple emails from different email address, email servers tend to mark you as spam. Thats what you did, and thats what aparently happened.
When you send an email by the webshop, we read the email by email, not on the webshop.

About your issue :

We already did, but we still don´t have an aswer, aparently they answer you by postal letter ....

Anyways, if we don´t get an answer by the end of next week, we will ship him another unit.

Thanks

gunaska

n00b
Hello,

Yes, if you send multiple emails from different email address, email servers tend to mark you as spam. Thats what you did, and thats what aparently happened.
When you send an email by the webshop, we read the email by email, not on the webshop.

About your issue :

Thanks

i fill confused,is there any way you can mark my email address to the white list?

the first time i used multiple email address was at May,but before that,i was already in your spam for months

anyway, could you give me an alternate way to contact with you?

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
neosd, I don't know how orders go in your webUI but is it normal for the tracking number not to show in the webUI like his screengrab implies?

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
Re: the shell and sticker.
The sticker appears to have a clear plastic layer on top.
Is this just a protective thing that can be peeled off or is it supposed to stay there?

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
I've been my messing around with the neosd since it arrived yesterday, and am very pleased overall.

+nice, simple front end that's very functional and easy to navigate
+haven't run into any compatibility issues (but I wasn't expecting any)
+the time it takes to flash stuff is really a non-issue, it's pretty fast and most important to me is that you can boot straight into a game w/o any extra loading just like the real thing
+Builder and Validator tools are simple to use
+The case and stickers from SAG are quality

-build quality of the shell is so-so
-not really a negative, but I'll have to open the shell and the flip the boards around to have the sticker face forward on my omega
-not sure if it's just my controllers or idiocy on my part, but getting back to the menu using the in-game button combo doesn't always seem to work

Like I said above, overall I'm really happy. I think it's highly likely that I get the AES version later in the year too (though part of me wants to wait and see how darksoft's thing works out). I also need an AES, lol.

Last edited:

fille1976

Crossed Swords Squire
@heihachi:darksoft's card ?,when will that be ready?
much blabla from him,but no product and a few shitty video's where you see nothing intresting about his product.
expect from the axel foley music from the menu,and a lot of bashing and wining from him to neosd team and about the flashing times,thats all you hear from them.
they concentrate them at the wrong product,seems they have more intrest in neosd then their own flashcard.
buy you a neosd aes heihachi,i have both mvs and aes and i'm verry happy with it.

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
@heihachi:darksoft's card ?,when will that be ready?
much blabla from him,but no product and a few shitty video's where you see nothing intresting about his product.
expect from the axel foley music from the menu,and a lot of bashing and wining from him to neosd team and about the flashing times,thats all you hear from them.
they concentrate them at the wrong product,seems they have more intrest in neosd then their own flashcard.
buy you a neosd aes.

Like I said, it's very highly likely I'll get the aes neosd. The darksoft thing....it's just a morbid curiosity

Hold the buttons. Don't just press and release.
Also: fuck dorksoft.

Okay. I figured the menu thing was due to user error on my part.

I got the NeoSD case few days ago, looks neat and fits snug :)
I am very happy with the NeoSD (MVS) it works as advertised. One small thing... I have noticed that 5v is sometimes not enough for the NeoSD to work properly and results in random resets. I have solved this issue by using an arcade PSU and increasing the voltage by very little, something like 5.1v. Since then, no issues. Just for the record, i use a JNX consolized MV1C.

Anyway, well done to TerraOnion :)

neodev

Neosd Tech
Hey NeoSD. did you see this? wondering how your awesome device handles the 5v to 3.3v transition.

https://db-electronics.ca/2017/07/05/the-dangers-of-3-3v-flash-in-retro-consoles/

NeoSD uses voltage translators to convert all the cart 5V signals into 3.3V for internal use and back. Also those translators have a fairly high ESD protection rating (they exceed the JEDEC standard rating), so they also protect the internal circutry from electrostatic discharge from the cartridge connector.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Interesting...

I wonder how the fact that most of the people using a JPN console in Europe/US are actually feeding it an extra ~10-15% voltage beyond tolerance without realizing it, due to 120v (or 240v the reduced) outlet output for power supplies made for 100v (+-5% ?)

Also, I'm pretty sure older US/Euro consoles PSUs were not designed to cope with the extra 10v (20 for EU) that came later on, even considering tolerance...

I eventually found a 120-->100v step-down converter can't recommend it enough.

Plugging original PSUs straight in the US outlet (or even using a 110-->100v converter) definitively pushes even harder the limits, in case like not well designed flashcards with this 3.3v issue...

Anyway, again kudos to Terraonion for such well designed flashcard!

Edit:

my UPS can show me the feed from the outlet, and I got 125v measured, it means even using a 110-to-100v converter will output actually ~113v constantly...it is 13% more than nominal capacity for a Japanese '90s PSU... need to test the real feed to the console, which is what bothers me more (frying a PSU can still be "ok" so to say)

Last edited:

neodev

Neosd Tech
Interesting...

I wonder how the fact that most of the people using a JPN console in Europe/US are actually feeding it an extra ~10-15% voltage beyond tolerance without realizing it, due to 120v (or 240v the reduced) outlet output for power supplies made for 100v (+-5% ?)

Also, I'm pretty sure older US/Euro consoles PSUs were not designed to cope with the extra 10v (20 for EU) that came later on, even considering tolerance...

Plugging original PSUs straight in the US outlet (or even using a 110-->100v converter) definitively pushes even harder the limits, in case like not well designed flashcards with this 3.3v issue...

Edit:

my UPS can show me the feed from the outlet, and I got 125v measured, it means even using a 110-to-100v converter will output actually ~113v constantly...it is 13% more than nominal capacity for a Japanese '90s PSU... need to test the real feed to the console, which is what bothers me more (frying a PSU can still be "ok" so to say)

You are right. I think the consoles that use a 5V PSU don't have any internal protection or regulation, so they depend entirely on the PSU providing the proper voltage to the board. As those PSUs are not (usually) switched PSUs, but transformer type, they have a fixed step down ratio that is tuned to the original expected voltage input, so feeding the PSU with more voltage than the original one will increase the output accordingly, thus possibly frying or stressing some components.

Consoles with 9V and high voltage input shouldn't have any issues as they have an internal voltage regulator to generate the proper 5V they will just need to dissipate more heat. Also NeoSD won't suffer either, as it has several regulators to reduce the voltage to the internal required ones.

Last edited:

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Interesting...

Edit:

I have a couple of official Japanese Neo PRO-POW 5V AC adapters I am using in the US. I've always thought that the voltage gets throttled at the power supply level. I've measured the DC output using a multimeter at the power supply tip. They both output around 5v. One is less than that at about 4.9. Should be well within the console's tolerance.

neodev

Neosd Tech
I have a couple of official Japanese Neo PRO-POW 5V AC adapters I am using in the US. I've always thought that the voltage gets throttled at the power supply level. I've measured the DC output using a multimeter at the power supply tip. They both output around 5v. One is less than that at about 4.9. Should be well within the console's tolerance.

Sounds good. I've never seen the insides of one of those supplies, maybe they added some regulation iside.

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
Interesting...

They have far more tolerance as AC outlet voltages have pretty wide swings.

Here in Italy (220V) in summer we go as low as 200V up to 240V. Normally AC stays at ~230V generally speaking, but in very hot days when lots of people turn air conditioning on, the electric net takes quite a big hit.

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
They have far more tolerance as AC outlet voltages have pretty wide swings.

Here in Italy (220V) in summer we go as low as 200V up to 240V. Normally AC stays at ~230V generally speaking, but in very hot days when lots of people turn air conditioning on, the electric net takes quite a big hit.

That's ok for a 220v power supply, dealing with 230-ish outlet.
My point is, most people in europe use 220v-->110 or 240-->120v transformers, and given old jpn 100v PSUs, is tunning constantly above the high end of tolerance (not considering spikes)

Same for people in the US, pluggin a 100v PSU in a 120v outlet.

Operating out of specs for even years doesn't make it right (which is the point of tge 3.3v article)

As NeoAlec pointed, good indeed that (some?) PSUs have regulators, so the console side is safe, anyway I think it is safe/wise invest few bucks in a 240 or 120-->100v transformer.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
Got my case in the mail. Thanks!

As NeoAlec pointed, good indeed that (some?) PSUs have regulators, so the console side is safe, anyway I think it is safe/wise invest few bucks in a 240 or 120-->100v transformer.

Can you recommend a good one?

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
US customs is kinda iffy when it comes to that.

99% of the time we don't pay customs fees regardless of the value. However, yes, I believe technically the limit is suppose to be $800 and under.

Also depends on how it was shipped. Fedex, UPS, USPS.

I've had times where I ordered something for $350 from japan and had to pay a customs fee and other times stuff that was valued at several thousand dollars and no one cared.

So I guess the answer is: it depends.

You weren't kidding on "it depends":

https://www.cbp.gov/trade/basic-import-export/internet-purchases

I've always had the "$2,000.00" figure stuck in my head, but more accurately as I read more into it: apparently mail shipped through the international postal service is supposed to go to one of the U.S. Customs and Border Protection International Mail Branches for clearance, and if its less than $2,000 a CBP official is supposed to prepare paperwork, assess the "duty" and release it for delivery.

If its under $800.00 then it doesn't need this paperwork, which is probably what you were thinking of.

So yeah, I gotta agree with you on the "it depends" as in the 17 years of collecting things from all over the world (games, systems, steelbooks, animals etc.) I've never once paid any fees, but then again, I don't think any of them had a declared value anywhere near what I paid, or its true value.

I hope Lord Trump isn't a member of this forum...

TMOSteel

20 Year Member
Picked up a NeoSD MVS from stone age gamer a few moments ago. Really excited to try it out!

I logged into SAG to pick up a NeoSD MVS, and it turns out I had a ton of "tickets" from previous purchases. Not only did I grab the SD cart, I saved $101.20 on the purchase.

Fuck. Yes.

Looking forward to putting it through its paces once it arrives.

Did you guys receive your carts yet from Stone Age Gamer? I'm just curious on what your thoughts are on the overall package.

The price is good, I get a shockbox (or whatever theirs is) and insert so two less things I have to do on my end, they're in the US and they take PayPal (I know I'm stating the obvious, but typing it out and reading it helps steer me in their direction).

On the other hand I dig the label neosd came up with, and I have some spare shockboxes I can use already.

Not sure how I feel about Stone's label on their version though...

Gummy Bear

Windjammers Wonder
I've never been a fan of the way SAG stick their name all over everything like they made it.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Did you guys receive your carts yet from Stone Age Gamer? I'm just curious on what your thoughts are on the overall package.

The price is good, I get a shockbox (or whatever theirs is) and insert so two less things I have to do on my end, they're in the US and they take PayPal (I know I'm stating the obvious, but typing it out and reading it helps steer me in their direction).

On the other hand I dig the label neosd came up with, and I have some spare shockboxes I can use already.

Not sure how I feel about Stone's label on their version though...

I bought mine through SAG, mostly due to them shipping from the US not really the "package." It arrived quickly and intact, so it was worth it from that angle. The instruction insert is nice, but you're better off just coming here if you need help with it. It also comes with a sticker...This does absolutely nothing for me, but I'm not a sticker guy. The shock box is the one thing that I think is really nice to have, and it seems quality. The label is fine, imo, it just comes down to preference.

Last edited: