why won't ,y stakes winner play on neo CD , its says something and thats it

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
it is original and when I put it in and pic of a man and some Jpn text comes up and that is it. What does it mean, as my Neo CD is full with saves, as I have about 85 or whatever the limit is OR is he saying something else

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I don't have that problem but I want to know it too, would be good to have the answer in my CD faq.

Anyone?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
I'm not sure, but I tried a few things with the SW CD and the NeoCD emulator, and got this:

sw-cd.jpg

LoneWolf, is this the pic you're refering to?

Last edited:
M

mr.nippy

The answer is.........

Please delete some game from memory data!

In other words you have too many saved games saved on your internal memory, you need to go through them and delete some of the saves you dont use, because stakes winner takes up more than usual memory!

After this you may get an option next time it boots up it may say Yes / No, choose yes to save progress!

Sorted! loco

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
mr.nippy:
The answer is.........

Please delete some game from memory data!

In other words you have too many saved games saved on your internal memory, you need to go through them and delete some of the saves you dont use, because stakes winner takes up more than usual memory!

After this you may get an option next time it boots up it may say Yes / No, choose yes to save progress!

Sorted! loco
Thanks, that will go into the faq.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
well how much data ?, cause I have the whole thing full of saves and I ain't wasting none 4 no reason

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Legendary LoneWolf:
well how much data ?, cause I have the whole thing full of saves and I ain't wasting none 4 no reason
I'm not sure about that, the SW CD contains a horse breeding feature that may take up a lot more save space than the usual game-progress saves of fighters.

I'll see what I can find out about that.

M

mr.nippy

Yeah it's just the CD version which is like this.

A little annoying, but the only way to play it on cd! loco

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Ok, I've experimented a bit and now my CD's internal memory contains eigth save states of other games and the big SW save, so far there still seems to be enough free space for more saves.

At first I thought that SW may use the WHOLE save memory, but then I remembered that I had no troubles with saving when I got it even with a lot of other saves on it.

In other words, I guess you can hold eigth to ten normal saves + the SW save without having to delete something.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
WHAT, THATS BOLLOCKS. I REFUSE to delete anymore of my saves, ESP that amount. Takumaji thank you very much for the experiment you have done and I might play it on AES if I buy it. I have the WHOLE system with saves and I AIN'T wiping the whole thing of just 2 play WS, it ain't that good of a game.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
The Legendary LoneWolf:
WHAT, THATS BOLLOCKS. I REFUSE to delete anymore of my saves, ESP that amount. Takumaji thank you very much for the experiment you have done and I might play it on AES if I buy it. I have the WHOLE system with saves and I AIN'T wiping the whole thing of just 2 play WS, it ain't that good of a game.
Yeah, SW sure isn't that good to justify deleting all your stuff.

On the other hand, the horse breeding feature is CD-exclusive, the homecart/MVS cart doesn't have it.

The Legendary LoneWolf

The Garou Densetsu Guy,
20 Year Member
Takumaji said:
Yeah, SW sure isn't that good to justify deleting all your stuff.

On the other hand, the horse breeding feature is CD-exclusive, the homecart/MVS cart doesn't have it.

well I now have a top loader and CDZ, so I might try on there