GameCube Mandela Effect

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
When I first got a GameCube, I bought Metroid Prime along with it. Several months later I got Super Mario Sunshine. I could've sworn they both came in cardboard snap cases like the one below, but with a GC-sized space for the disc.

252915022_d91616c6-bc0d-4c65-8a6c-1b5639bd6f29.jpg

I ended up trading them both in and now I can't find any evidence that this type of case exists. Did I end up in a new timeline? Can anyone confirm these types of cases were used?

mandela-effect-universe.jpg

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
I was pretty actively playing Gamecube when it was new, I never saw such a thing.

Barry, you're fucking up the timeline again. Stop fucking up the timeline, Barry.

neo_mao

Been There., Done That., It Was Shit.,
15 Year Member
The extra long 3DO cardboard snaps were da best!!!!

Gog

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Nope, never seen that in Limeyland either, and I’ve owned one since shortly after launch.

Been ages since I’ve seen any new DVD’s in one too. Good job really, they were a bit shit.

Last edited:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
GameCube games were always in those blockbuster type DVD cases, you know with the yellow lock on them? That's why there's holes in the bottom of the case on every GC game.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
You sure you didn’t buy them used some place and they used a DVD case and swapped the insert?

fake

15 Year Member
You sure you didn’t buy them used some place and they used a DVD case and swapped the insert?

In my memory, they were well done, not some sort of bootleg thing or how GS now prints out inserts.

But apparently my memory can't be trusted, so who knows?

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
Japanese gamecube games have a cardboard cover. Not sure if that's what you mean.

oliverclaude

General Morden's Aide
Japanese gamecube games have a cardboard cover. Not sure if that's what you mean.

This is a very good lead. You could take out the paperboard flap of a regular DVD snap case and adapt the Japanese GC cardboard slipcase to fit into the plastic strips. The dimensions of both seem similar enough.

XxHennersXx

Why So Many X's?,
15 Year Member
This is a very good lead. You could take out the paperboard flap of a regular DVD snap case and adapt the Japanese GC cardboard slipcase to fit into the plastic strips. The dimensions of both seem similar enough.

I don’t think so considering how much smaller the Japanese case is compared to a dvd case

ratson

Hyperactive Stoner
15 Year Member
yeah, but they are way smaller and clear...

OP is obvio tripping.

Didn't know that. I just googled 'gamecube cardboard gamecases'
It showed some pics of japanese games.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
I've yet to see a single example of the Mandela Effect that lends any evidence whatsoever to its existence.

fake

15 Year Member
Yeah, the Japanese cases are smaller and thicker than the rest of them. Chode cases if you will. Mine were full sized DVD cases like the one in the photo. They were all in English, etc. Good thought though.

I didn't even have a DVD player back then, so I don't know how I could be conflating this with some other item I own. So weird...

I've yet to see a single example of the Mandela Effect that lends any evidence whatsoever to its existence.

Maybe you're just misremembering.

JoeAwesome

I survived Secret Santa, It wasn't Easy.,
To be on topic, I'm thinking of the different packaging used for Gamecube discs. The ones that come to mind are Pac-Man Vs (also done with demo discs like Naruto 2), and the Gameboy Player startup disc.