Another Big Red Resto Thread!

skinny503

NAM-75 Vet
Yeah, on top of being OCD i'm a sucker for doing things right the first time. i have so manny spare parts right now I don't know what to do with them. I don't wanna get banned for being a "flipper" or some dumb shit cause I have extra stuff I'll never need

Well we will just keep our dealings to PM's and kick the mods a few dollars so they look the other way :D

lolifoxgirl

Rot., Rot., Rot.
Double post, double trouble. Looking slick midmonk, you keeping those twins side by side?

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Double post, double trouble. Looking slick midmonk, you keeping those twins side by side?

Baby sister is gonna get the same treatment. I'm expecting the turnaround timeframe to be double what the first one has been unfortunately. Work is being a cunt right now. You want her when I'm done with her?

Haha that sounds funny.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
QUESTION

Big Red #1 came with a 25" black cardboard bezel which was never trimmed properly (about 1/2" sticks out each size of the monitor glass). We're the cardboard bezels standard on these machines? It already has smoked glass so it's seems a little unnecessary. If so, I'm going to need another one eventually.

Evilpoptart

Kula's Candy
From what I have seen and some research I did awhile back, (because I asked the same thing myself with my 4-slot) Yes. Both of those cabs have 25' monitors in them. Like any other bezel its just there to hide the frame and the gaps between the frame and cabinet.

Edit* Happ makes some replacement bezels http://na.suzohapp.com/wp/search.p?OLD_URL=/monitors/49010500.htm

From what I understand tho the bezel they offer it shows an uneven amount of the black part of the monitor and it is about half an inch too deep so the corners bend on the neo cabs.
so you might have to do some trimming. As always you can make your own as well.

Last edited:

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
From what I have seen and some research I did awhile back, (because I asked the same thing myself with my 4-slot) Yes. Both of those cabs have 25' monitors in them. Like any other bezel its just there to hide the frame and the gaps between the frame and cabinet.

Edit* Happ makes some replacement bezels http://na.suzohapp.com/wp/search.p?OLD_URL=/monitors/49010500.htm

From what I understand tho the bezel they offer it shows an uneven amount of the black part of the monitor and it is about half an inch too deep so the corners bend on the neo cabs.
so you might have to do some trimming. As always you can make your own as well.

Right on. I was more curious about the cardboard bezel. I don't remember the Neo ever having a plastic bezel?

K-2

Tung's Hair Stylist
10 Year Member
The bezel that was on my Big Red was a kind of heavy black construction paper thing. it was in rough shape so I tossed it and haven't replaced it.

haystax

n00b
Love this thread so far! I just picked up the same tall cab with a four slot inside but gotta admit I don't have the handy skills required to go above and beyond like you are. Can't wait to see the final result.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
Love this thread so far! I just picked up the same tall cab with a four slot inside but gotta admit I don't have the handy skills required to go above and beyond like you are. Can't wait to see the final result.

Yeah... I kinda lucked out growing up on a sawmill.

MidnightMonkey

Loyal Neo-Disciple
--> moved from 'Hello Miss Lady!' <--

SO. I'm trying to finish up the cab. I got a little more work to do, and the rest is just slapping things back together. Does anyone know where I can get stencils for the side art? Or let me borrow some? Jasen closed up shop so he can go hang out with a bunch of mens on a boat for like 9 months so I'm not going to be getting any from him. Only other thing I can find is vinyl decals (i said that like a conehead), and I dont want those.

PLS HALP!