Capcom re-releasing Street Fighter II SNES

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Maybe I'm seeing something that's not there, but:

06-street_fighter_II-snes-noscale.jpg

SPAL-AUZP-0-front.jpg

Is it me or does that board look exactly like the Street Fighter II Alpha pcb on the SNES except with the sides cut off? Something here is odd.. (open the 30th anniversary pic in a different window to see a bigger version)

You're not crazy. I went back to their site and did a google image search looking at the PCB for the game. They're identical in layout even the white etchings on the board too. This may even be a bigger scam than we're giving credit for. Instead of iam8bit using new boards/tech like they farmed for Duck Tales in those lunchboxes they may very well have gotten old board supplies off Capcom or they bought a few thousand games from various sources online, polished up the boards like brand new and they're just re-using 25 year old SNES PCBs inside of a new shell with a new sticker and the added minimalist art fluff. That's pretty damn skeezy really.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
You're not crazy. I went back to their site and did a google image search looking at the PCB for the game. They're identical in layout even the white etchings on the board too. This may even be a bigger scam than we're giving credit for. Instead of iam8bit using new boards/tech like they farmed for Duck Tales in those lunchboxes they may very well have gotten old board supplies off Capcom or they bought a few thousand games from various sources online, polished up the boards like brand new and they're just re-using 25 year old SNES PCBs inside of a new shell with a new sticker and the added minimalist art fluff. That's pretty damn skeezy really.

You are such a dumb fagit. The S-DD1 chip was only used on 2 games: Star Ocean and SF Alpha 2. There would be absolutely NO need to use this chip for SF2.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
I'm very aware of that you twat. The images still look the same so it could just be an artist doctoring something for the sale.

madman

I'm very aware of that you twat. The images still look the same so it could just be an artist doctoring something for the sale.

Lulz and yet you think they purchased thousands of used SFA2 and Star Ocean carts to use for this. Yeah, those are super cheap and makes sense to buy those even though the chip would be worthless for SF2. You need to fuck off and die.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
its definitely a good idea to celebrate an anniversary of a very popular franchaise, and if this goes well, it would be awesome to see other companies doing something like this to their older ips

But the price definitely isnt worth the 100 bucks. I was hoping like a 35-40 dollar price tag. oh well, wont be getting one of these forsure

madman

But the price definitely isnt worth the 100 bucks. I was hoping like a 35-40 dollar price tag. oh well, wont be getting one of these forsure

I bet you will and then you'll make a fagit unboxing video of it like the rest of your fagit videos.

Spoiler:
Fagit.

bello

Crossed Swords Squire
10 Year Member
An overpriced re-release,Not gonna pay $100 for this shit!

lions3

Igniz's Servent
I hope those stupid bastards waste their time and $ on it.

I picked this up for $25 a couple months back on whim and it's a million times better.

9b0e5fa142b55d78440b33910a957f12.jpg

Last edited:

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
I hope those stupid bastards waste their time and $ on it.

I picked this up for $25 a couple months back on whim and it's a million times better.

For 60-70$ you can also get the Snes SF2 turbo limited edition so that is also better use for your money. Then again if you get that Blanka cartridge :thevt:

I have SF2 turbo for snes and SF2 ce for genesis. Snes version is definitely better. If I start playing Genesis version I am like okay it is Street Fighter lets play couple fights for laughs but when I start playing SF2 Turbo I find my self playing it for couple hours.

theMot

Reformed collector of junk
10 Year Member
You faggots and your console ports. Just get the real deal on mame or an Xbox/PS4 port. Fucking around with Snes SF2 in 2017 lol

hyper

fresh out of fucks
10 Year Member
checkbook is out, looking for the stamps

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
Food for thought... SF2WW PCB costs less than this fagitry.

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Pointless. I'm all for physical releases, but if this sells, the shelf queens have gone too far.

DragonmasterDan

King's Dry Cleaner
I'm very amused by the disclaimer regarding it potentially damaging your console. If you're going to sell a reproduction cartridge for 100.00, at least take the proper steps to ensure it's safe from a technical level to use on the console it's intended for.

sr20det510

Guerilla Warrior
I wonder how many people will ever know they got the Blanka cart?
These will most likely stay sealed forever.

You can probably get a used snes, two controllers, and SF II Turbo for $100, and actually play a game.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
well as disgusting as it may seem, collecting is a game in itself, the fact that these are videogames is almost irrelevant. so whilst I think this is a copout, I can understand what motivates the collectard to some degree