Anything fun in Missouri?

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Gonna be in Missouri for a couple of weeks, in the St. Roberts/FLW area. Anything fun to do around there? It's been a long time since I was stationed there so I'm sure things have changed. It's took cold for Lake of the Ozarks, but I'm sure a day trip to either Springfield or St. Louis couldn't hurt.

Also, what good local beer can/should I bring home?

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
If you go to St Louis. See if you can get a tour of the Anheuser-Busch Brewery. Ironically I have a friend who works there that's borderline alcoholic. He tends to hoard empty jugs of Kraken. There's also the arch, zoo, science museum. There's supposed to be an aquarium built by 2018 at the old union station.

ShaggyJ

n00b
If you make it to St. Louis and like craft beer we have a ton to pick from 4 hands, Perennial, 2nd Shift, Schlafly, just to name a few. You can go to our local schnucks and find lots of choices.

Cousin_Itt

Galford's Armourer
10 Year Member
Maybe the fries are sure, but Arby's sandwiches don't even taste real - It's not even close.

Last time I had Lion's choice, roast beef was too much seasoning and more rare than I was expecting. I know their beef is supposed to be medium rare or something, but still. I'll probably give them another chance if I ever go to Brentwood anytime soon.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Lion's Choice is pretty good, but certain locations can be hit or miss on how rare the meat is. I will give you that. What sort of things are you looking to do ggallegos? You could hit all the game shops around town.

edit: I should specify that I live in St. Louis, forgot that I took that off my profile a few years back due to big brother worries at my old job

Last edited:

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Lion's Choice is pretty good, but certain locations can be hit or miss on how rare the meat is. I will give you that. What sort of things are you looking to do ggallegos? You could hit all the game shops around town.

edit: I should specify that I live in St. Louis, forgot that I took that off my profile a few years back due to big brother worries at my old job

Mostly the game shop and beer stuff. Food is always a must for exploration!

Yoshi

20 Year Member
Last time I had Lion's choice, roast beef was too much seasoning and more rare than I was expecting.
Arby's can't serve theirs rare, because they probably have to cook it to get that processed shit to stick together.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Well if you get up to STL, I could show you around to game shops and some of my fav food joints. You might already be gone from Missouri though.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Well if you get up to STL, I could show you around to game shops and some of my fav food joints. You might already be gone from Missouri though.

After the stories you've told me maybe he shouldn't get up to STL...

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
After the stories you've told me maybe he shouldn't get up to STL...

Unfortunately I haven't been able to explore STL since being here but I did end up going to Springfield for a day.

caldwert

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Well let me know if you do get up this way. Even if we can't meet up, I could point out a few spots of interest.

Mr Bakaboy

Beast Buster
I thought I remember hearing of a fighting game scene in Springfield. Never bothered to look since when I was in Springfield we were at the ball game, animal safari, or hitting up Branson.

ggallegos1

10 Year Member
Mark Twain's boyhood home is in Hannibal.

Mastodon museum: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mastodon_State_Historic_Site

Ste. Genevieve has the oldest brick building west of the river.

The Lewis & Clark National Historic Trail is in 3 cities: St Louis, St Charles, and Independence.

Civil War battlefield: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Wilson's_Creek_National_Battlefield

We did end up going to Wilson's Creek and saw a bunch of the key event locations of that battle. Good historical stuff there.