*UPDATED* NeoGeo proto screenshots

Benharper

n00b
Hi guys, I up the topic because I have in my possesion this game and I wonder is it exactly?

I i could find no answer by then I come here to see if you can help me.
At the Home screen, I'm super brand volleyball '94 in Japanese, as mentioned in the beginning of post.
sv94_1.jpg

We also see great volleyball '94 marked on the carton of the kit. So I wonder what games qul is exactly?
- A boot?
- This famous prototype?
- Something else?

This game has you value it? you it is listed on the price level?

thank you, and dsl if my English is bad ...:)

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
It's the working title to Power Spikes 2, but it has not been dumped.

I know two people with this kit with the artwork that says Super Volley '94 but neither of them want to part with their kits.

You need to boot the game with a Japanese bios to see if it comes up with the Super Volley '94 title rather than the Power Spikes II title. Also, the intro will be different than Power Spikes 2.

Jeff

Benharper

n00b
Ok thank you for your response.
I have a neo geo jap, jap bios therefore and I am Super Volley '94 ( in jap langage, same thaht screen shoot ) title rather than the Power Spikes II title.

Someone is ready to buy my game, but I do not know how little I ask. He offered me $ 50, but I do not know if the price of this game is worth more than that or not?

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
If you aren't sure of the price, just throw it on ebay.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
Jeff, I think you should buy it if its the real deal :)

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I can make you an offer if you're selling it.

I'm sure there are many more people with this version of the game and just don't know it. Maybe everyone should open their Power Spikes II carts and look for a couple things:

SV94 - the S1 should be stamped 068-S1, No C5/C6 roms
PS2 - the S1 should be stamped 068-SG1, M1 stamped 068-MG1, C5 and C6 present

I've always wondered if the P1 would be eproms or stamped 068-P1 (MASK ROM version)

If you sell the cart to me, I can provide the ROMs for this version to anyone interested to enjoy the game. My email is jkurtz01@gmail.com.

Thanks,
Jeff

Last edited:

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I've posted a video of the opening for Super Volley '94. This was recorded from a US cab so it has the Power Spikes II title, but the attract sequence is clearly different than the common Power Spikes II.

Jeff

aria

Former Moderator
Wow, I had not idea about Power Spikes II --finally, something interesting about the game. I should open up my MVS cart.

Benharper

n00b
Thank you for all the response guys.
So how much can I sell it ?
Someone in France is already interested, but I knew not how to sell ...

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
I'll give you two offers:

$100 + shipping to borrow the cart. I will then send the cart back to you and then you can sell it to someone else.

Or

$200 + shipping, I keep the cart.

Jeff

SSS

neo retired
Yes, please sell or lend it to Jeff. I just dumped the rom to a super rare game myself and made it publicly available.

It's the right thing to do.

aria

Former Moderator
Benharper:

Just want to say that JMKurtz is a very reliable person so if you decide on his offer #1 (paying you to borrow it), you can count on him fulfilling his side of the bargain. I'm sure most of us will say the same thing. He's been a mod on this site since it opened, and before I even joined.

EDIT:

I'll even throw in an additional $10, via PayPal, if you decide to go with Jeff's borrowing option (payable upon Jeff receiving the cart). There would be no additional requirements from me.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I'll throw in $50, once Jeff posts here that he has received the game.

TonK

Least Valuable Player
The game simply isn't worth more than $200 - if someone is offering you more money than that for it, send it to Jeff, where you'll also receive $200. $100 from Jeff, $50 from Geddon, $10 from Bobak and $40 from me.

And you get the cart back.

Jeff is super reliable and one of 2 people I trust to work on my equipment.

Met him in person - his intentions are genuine.

wataru330

Mr. Wrestling IV
20 Year Member
I've 10 bucks to spare for this...the JK loan offer is win/win at this point.

RevQuixo

Rugal's Panther
20 Year Member
I'll second (third?) the fact that Jeff is reliable. I lent him and had returned, in perfect condition, a cart ages ago that needed re-dumping. Totally upstanding guy.

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
Our generosity has had the unintended consequence of the guy selling the game to Jeff for $200 about nil. Sorry Jeff! LOL

aria

Former Moderator
Our generosity has had the unintended consequence of the guy selling the game to Jeff for $200 about nil. Sorry Jeff! LOL

See? My $10 offer left a chance! All your damn generosity has screwed things up ;)

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
POWERSPIKESII001.jpg

5-24-201233342PMPOWERSPIKESII.jpg

5-24-201233758PMp2.jpg

Uni Bios set to Japanese Arcade,some stsrt up differences..but Title says..POWER SPIKES II

Last edited:

chamane

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
I wanted to buy this game to Benharper for 200 Euro .(you can ask Bahamut) . Hp told me that Benharper wanted to sell this game . I promise you : if Benharper agree to sell me it , I will make it available for everyone .
Fred .