I have some questions

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I'm considering buying a new system since I have some problems with mine.

- how much would a bare mint system, fully modded with S video would cost (no controllers and power supplyer ..... without shipping)

- when playing on Neo-Geo, I don't know, but the colors seem yellow. example is Kyo's and Kim's outfits in 2002. they look yellow rather than white. I don't have this problem when playing KOF 2000 on PS2. can this be fixed ..... and would the S video do it.

that's all ..... thanks for reading

Magnaflux

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
The s-video would help much. It would also get rid of some pixelation that occurs when you use the a/v cables.

Why not consider getting a supergun? Seriously, the games are much cheaper and easier to get vs. the homecarts.

Honestly, I'm torn between homecarts and my mvs. I really honestly enjoy them both, but as to which one i like more, i can't say.

I've seen some go for $200 fully modded.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I feel that supergun needs more care and protiction. I can't keep the games on the floor when we have children at home (the joystics attract them, you know glee ) and I'm feeling comfortable with AES.

plus, I live in UAE ..... that means if something happened to it (like what happened to my current system), I'll need to send it abroad to fix it.

thanks for the advice ..... is the $200 for a bare system, or the system + hook ups?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I have another problem

part of the game doesn't appear on the screen ...... for example, when playing kof, part of the protraits above doesn't show on screen. it really gets annoying when I play AOF 2.

any idea ?

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I bought it 2 years ago and it works fine with all the other systems .......

MVS Matt

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
I seem to remember a topic about this in the tech forum ages ago. It turned out that it was the TV that was at fault.

Some TV's have a sort of test mode you can access to adjust the picture (bit like you do on your monitor). This mode is only meant for engineers though, so if you mess up your TV by using it then you're on your own (you can kiss goodbye to any warranty). If you still want to give it a go try searching with google to see if your TV supports such a mode.

<small>[ July 28, 2003, 12:41 PM: Message edited by: MVS Matt ]</small>

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
MVS Matt:
I seem to remember a topic about this in the tech forum ages ago. It turned out that it was the TV that was at fault.

Some TV's have a sort of test mode you can access to adjust the picture (bit like you do on your monitor). This mode is only meant for engineers though, so if you mess up your TV by using it then you're on your own (you can kiss goodbye to any warranty). If you still want to give it a go try searching with google to see if your TV supports such a mode.
thanks for the advice, it's very appreciated.

guess I have to think twice to try anything with the TV.

Fluff_Daddy

Galford's Armourer
If you wanna save some cash get an MVS (it's a cheaper system too). 1-C and 1-FZ are pretty small and yet sturdy. And the 1-FZ can even have the Unibios installed (yhey! console mode!).

But if you want to throw insane amouts of money on carts you're free to do so XP

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
thanks for the advice Fluff_Daddy ....... I think I'll stick with AES wink

BTW, I found the same problem when playing genesis (by using AV cables)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
thanks for the info guys .... anyone else would like to comment on the system's price?

Jedite

Bunker Buster
For a new home cart system, it can run anywhere from $700-$1000. Depending where you buy it from.