Wanted: Cardfighters Clash 2

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
This game has not been seen anywhere in the US for months. What's the story over there in Japan? Are the street sellers pricejacking it, or are they all sold out as well?

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Well,

I have a copy for sale for 100$.

Lots of people will tell you that's crazy, but on Yahoo Japan (where I would buy them..) they're like 80 bucks...so 100 isn't that bad of a price.

For whatever reason, it's rare for now..weird

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
Rating - 100%
196   0   1
c.t.h:
Not when it was released.

It was only 45$ on release...
spock
Couldn't that be said for all titles? I don't get what you mean.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
It's way harder to find than it used to be... not sure where "rare" begins on your scale. Anyway, are you still looking for this as well? I saw you unloading your Pocket paraphernalia on s-c, so I gather that you're leaving the POTP. crying

<small>[ August 26, 2003, 03:07 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
I mean, it wasn't released that long ago, and alot of online shops had it in stock just up untill a while ago...

Even the japanese shops.

So I find it odd that it's price would go so high.

bokmeow

Rating - 100%
196   0   1
neojedi:
It's way harder to find than it used to be... not sure where "rare" begins on your scale. Anyway, are you still looking for this as well? I saw you unloading your Pocket paraphernalia on s-c, so I gather that you're leaving the POTP. crying
No way dude, the pocket paraphernalia on s-c are all the extra merchandise. My collection is still intact my friend, and I'm going through the Japanese version of Cardfighters Clash now. In some ways the game is cooler because it doesn't have any silly truncation of names, and the abilities are much easier to understand.

I always wondered why the S card you get from winning the tournament is called 'Dregs', it just didn't make any sense. I finally found out that in the Japanese version the card is called 'Crossover'. Plus it has that wacky little video that previews Match of the Millennium, super sweet.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
bokmeow:
No way dude, the pocket paraphernalia on s-c are all the extra merchandise.
I should have known. :p

bokmeow:
I always wondered why the S card you get from winning the tournament is called 'Dregs', it just didn't make any sense. I finally found out that in the Japanese version the card is called 'Crossover'. Plus it has that wacky little video that previews Match of the Millennium, super sweet.
Good info... I can't imagine buying any more copies of Cardfighters than I have now. Maybe I'll run through a jp game on the romz just to see what it looks like. :o

<small>[ August 26, 2003, 03:29 PM: Message edited by: neojedi ]</small>

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
neojedi:

cfc2 is now in the mail...assuming the person I handed it to put it in the mailbox :p

Expect it in 2-3 days...

My last cfc2...gone frown

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Thanks... there are several months worth of unanswered wanted posts for this game, some of them mine. Even for the going price, it's cool that I finally got one. :)

bokmeow

Rating - 100%
196   0   1
I think it's time I renewed my search. Ticks me off that the person who agreed to sell me his CFC2 just decided to ignore my emails altogether.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
CF2 (it's Card Fighters 2, not Card Fighter's Clash 2) is a great game. Although I'm missing the RPG walk around part and all the great references, seeing all those cards with redrawn glorious artwork is enough. I'm pretty certain that Falcoon (that famous fan artist) did the artwork.

Anyway, I got mine from NCS right after release and I've played it almost as much as CFC (100+ hours), even though I don't understand much of it.

c.t.h

Maxima's Barber
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
weellllll

if you want to be really technical

It's "Card Fighters 2: Expand Edition"...so, CF2EE :p

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
Game received and working, everything in great condition, thanks. :) The flood of kanji at the beginning of the game was intimidating, but once the cards started flying I was fine. I need to look up what the Reaction cards do, but for the rest of them I know them mostly by picture. The menu options are in the same position as before, which helps.

It could be a lucky cart... I got Terry for winning the first match (probably a standard event), but then I got Krauser for winning the second match. I can't imagine that being a programmed event... getting Krauser that early on is unreal. :)