Anyone collect board games? Just babbling about them.

Caplet

Cheng's Errand Boy
Age of Sigmar = 40k looking fantasy mini's, and a joke of a rulebook. Sigmar has been a joke of the mini community for the last month, and I dont see that changing.

I played a couple of games of Sigmar and had a lot of fun with it. I can see why it upsets the hardcore fans but it's easy to grasp and the setting is interesting.

Steve

The Wonder Years,
My bro collects.

We just played Splendor this past weekend and I beat him and his wife at it. Fun little game. The pieces seriously remind me of Pog slammers from the '90s lol

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
I buy 'em every now and then, especially when something unusual catches my eye. Risk, Scrabble, Checkers, and Monopoly are probably my all time favorites.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I buy 'em every now and then, especially when something unusual catches my eye. Risk, Scrabble, Checkers, and Monopoly are probably my all time favorites.

Have you played Risk Legacy?

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Nope, never heard of it until you mentioned it now. I thank you including the video link, but, I don't have the time to watch a clip of that length at the moment, so I looked it up on boardgamegeek.com instead. After reading their summary, it certainly sounds like a cool expansion of the original Risk concept--I like the ongoing campaign approach to the design.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
I have an ongoing risk legacy group. We are little past halfway, and the map is scarred all over. The new stuff you get after certain events happen in game are just crazy.
We do about 2-4 games a year at Gencon.

My buddy just gave me a copy of risk 2021 ad. Is it any good? I haven't even opened it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
My buddy just gave me a copy of risk 2021 ad. Is it any good? I haven't even opened it

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Actually Yes. People were fairly impressed with this version. It's still risk.

Jeneki

Enemy Chaser
I'm big into abstracts. Go, Pueblo, Blokus, Rumis, Ingenious, Shogi. Stuff like that.

There's a local group that's big into Saga: Crescent and the Cross, which is a hilarious miniatures battle game that treats the crusades like they were fantasy races. I'm running some crazy religious fanatics who pretty much blow themselves up to generate extra abilities: Screw it, I just killed half my own army but this turn the leftovers are going to ROCK YOUR WORLD. :lolz:

GutsDozer

Robot Master., Master Tasuke, Eat Your, Heart Out
10 Year Member
Secret Santa Veteran
I've been wishing I had someone to play Master Mind with as of late.

nio

Cheng's Errand Boy
I currently collect all Star Wars games by FFG: X-Wing, Armada, Imperial Assault and LCG.
And of course all board games by Games Workshop. I am currently sitting in feont of Warhammer Quest!
I also bought Alien VS Predator by Prodos, I dont really know why. (Prodos deserves some time in the War room!!!)

But actually I have nobody tocplay with. So I want tocstart recording my playtime and post it on youtube ... maybe that way it will feel less ...

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Zombicide, Zombicide black plague, Spacehulk and Doom! I actually paint all the minis also. If you haven't played Zombicide its one of the best tabletop games.

SNK416

King's Dry Cleaner
Specialty games are coming back big I heard, Bloodbowl new launch next year and necormunda and I belive battle fleet gothic are all coming back new lines

They most definitely work closely with Disney, but the rights to Star Wars the Miniatures Game hasn't expired. They are pretty clear that they are not allowed to sell items as a Star Wars Miniatures Game. In fact, Imperial Assult wasn't even being sold by FFG at GenCon for undisclosed reasons. They dodged that question a few times during their press event. They had a different company selling it next to them.

GW and FFG go way back, so i'm not suggesting they have a bad relationship. Blood Bowl manager was good card drafting. I could really get into WH:Quest card game if it works. I've been trying to get into the Co-op LOTR game with my gf, but it's ridiculously complicated to start. 7-8 phases per round is ridiculous.

While we are on the topic of GW, how much longer can 40k support this company? They've dropped support for all speciality games over a year ago. They killed WH: Fantasy entirely. Age of Sigmar = 40k looking fantasy mini's, and a joke of a rulebook. Sigmar has been a joke of the mini community for the last month, and I dont see that changing. They make quality mini's, but I don't know anyone that is happy with GW as a company. I'm focusing entirely on Mantic, just like most of ex-GW gamers.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
I play a ton of Betrayal at House on the Hill and Dead of Winter. Betrayal is definitely super fun and there is an expansion coming out in a couple of months that I am very stoked about.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
i would so play board games if i had some one to play them with. no one i know would sit down long enough in one spot to play a board game. i actually made a list of all the board games i want which i mostly got from the avgn's board james episodes. they're a old hobby like pinball, now. most don't want to play them.

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Sky Traders

Great game published by Fantasy Flight. Just played this for the first time last Sat. and enjoyed the hell out of it. It's one of those games that rides the line between luck and skill very well. Negotiating market prices, in that phase of play, is surprisingly fun. Hoping to play it again this Saturday.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Specialty games are coming back big I heard, Bloodbowl new launch next year and necormunda and I belive battle fleet gothic are all coming back new lines

WarHammer Quest came out about a month ago. Completely surprised me. This was one of my favorite dungeon exploration games as a teenager. This version is intriguing, but it's not what I would have wanted.

The new Blood Bowl is also interesting, but there are no details. Plus Guild Ball and Dreadball have filled that role. Are people willing to go back to Blood Bowl? Probably not.

BerryTogart

Bolt Thrower.,
WarHammer Quest came out about a month ago. Completely surprised me. This was one of my favorite dungeon exploration games as a teenager. This version is intriguing, but it's not what I would have wanted.

That's right - because what you want is "Shadows of Brimstone" - trust me :)

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
i would so play board games if i had some one to play them with. no one i know would sit down long enough in one spot to play a board game. i actually made a list of all the board games i want which i mostly got from the avgn's board james episodes. they're a old hobby like pinball, now. most don't want to play them.

You can pick up Tabletop Simulator on Steam and download pretty much any board game. If you pick it up, I try to get a game of betrayal like once a week.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
You can pick up Tabletop Simulator on Steam and download pretty much any board game. If you pick it up, I try to get a game of betrayal like once a week.

good advise, but it's not something i want to do online. i could always play a mario party game, but if i'm gong to play board games, i want the actual boards. i would love to have a physical collection of the highly complex board games with building pieces moving parts from the 80's and 90's.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
That's right - because what you want is "Shadows of Brimstone" - trust me :)

You pick the most Ameritrash game as an example...

I dont like Warhammer Quest because the expandability of characters is entirely digital at the moment. I don't buy a boardgame so I can add digital DLC characters...

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1034852783/shadows-of-brimstone-forbidden-fortress

Necroing this thread to hint on the kickstarter - I love the game and the wild west style, so why not pick up the "Japanotrash" version of it.
We play this weekly and if you are not hesitant to glue minis yourself I can defenitely recommend it.

that is a weird mish mash. Brimstone had a nice niche with it's horror wild west theme.
I'm locked into Myth 2.0, Imperial Assault, Descent. No way i could fit another one of those dungeon games into my group.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Shameless plug: one of my Soldiers helped in designing and selling Hull Breach and its expansions, he's bringing a set or two to overseas with us to play on downtime. For the next few hours its 40% off and the sales support unit family functions while we're gone.

http://www.hullbreachgame.com/space-shop/

zinho

Kula's Candy
15 Year Member
My friends and I play a lot of board games, I know a real collector who owns several, he even lent me his copy of Zombicide but we usually just rent the game we want to play from a store. I do own a couple of Illuminati games from Steve Jackson Games but it usually pisses people off because it's insanely competitive.