What games still work with netplay on Dreamcast without subscribing to SegaNet?

S

Sonic1787DC

I just got internet running again on my Dreamcast and I was wondering what games work without SegaNet. No, I don't mean the internet service, but a while ago SegaNet made it so that you can only access their servers with a subscription to them, however it still worked without the subscription and just last night I got Chu Chu Rocket to work. I tried Ooga Booga which didn't work but I only tried once. Does that game work? And do any other games work? Thanks.

Edit: Oh yeah, is it true that the Daytona servers were shutdown?

[ March 09, 2002: Message edited by: Sonic1787DC ]</p>

C

Caris Nautilus

All the games are free, except the sports games, ooga booga and PSO Ver 2.

Even Bomberman Online is free, even though it says credit card required on the jewel case (they never charged for it).

I don't know about the Dayton servers being shutdown, it had horrid online play as it is, it worked fine when you didn't get cut off, but you get cut off 2 out of 3 races, that's why I stopped playing.

S

Sonic1787DC

darn, and I love ooga booga too :( ... oh well, at least I can play AFO, ChuChu, BMO and some others. Thanks man. Too bad I can't find a way around SegaNet's protection ;)

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
bomberman online's servers had terrible hiccup and disconnect problems.

A nice attempt, but no dice Sega.

Oh well, at least you were the first to try.

(Technically, no, Xband and Sega Channel was, but who needs details, anyway?)

C

Caris Nautilus

Originally posted by GregN.:
<strong>bomberman online's servers had terrible hiccup and disconnect problems.</strong><hr></blockquote>

That's the other wierd problem, I played that game HEAVY online like the first 2 weeks it was out, then from like Dec. of last year until now, I get cut off like right after I get into the lobby, and if I even make it to the game I get cut off somewhere in the middle of it.

I think Sega.com said fuck it to the servers they were not charging for, cause the problems never get fixed. Seganet is also a seperate company from Sega USA.

Some of their games worked awesome though, I played Outtrigger online a ton, and I can't ever remember being cut off once during a game.

4x4 Evo also wasn't bad, but Sega didn't run that server, Gamespy does.

[ March 10, 2002: Message edited by: Drift King EX ]</p>

S

Sonic1787DC

The first time I played on the Bomberman servers (was on serveral times before that but no one was there lol) it was pretty much lagless to play a game and i didn't get disconnected at all. Then I went over to a friend's house and 3 of use played on 1 dreamcast. we played with 5 more people so we had the max of 8 people in a game and the lag was rediculous, you could barely even place any bombs on the ground... those are pretty much the only times i really played online...

S

Sonic1787DC

i used to use earthlink to get online, but just cancelled it and now i use juno. go to <a href="http://www.dreamcastfun.com" target="_blank">www.dreamcastfun.com</a> and get juno, it's the only free isp left that works and it's nearly as good as earthlink.

i played alien front online with it today and got 2 disconnects but i think that was the server, but i'm not sure.... after that i played at least 8 games in a row with almost no lag at all (not counting voice chat)... it was great