mvs 150 in 1 cart ????

klargon

n00b
They all come from China/Hong Kong as far as I'm aware. I bought mine from a Hong Kong exporter after contacting a few of them and finding the best price. To be fair, some of the eBay prices I've seen aren't massively inflated, but the saving is enough to warrant buying from source for me.

To elaborate on the problems I'm having at the moment - the instructions only reference switch 1 (does switch 2 do anything?) and they talk about S1. I've tried booting it up with switch 1 set to on and 2 set to off, then tried all buttons I have (bios call, select, start) to try to invoke the setup menu panel.

Spazz

n00b
Thanks for the info.

I wouldn't have thought that dipswitches on the MVS mobo would do anything. On the 138-in-1 it has an external jamma adaptor you put between the mobo and the harness which I assume holds the frontend, etc. Therefore the dipswitches on the mobo wouldn't do anything... perhaps the test switch on the cab might do it or there might be dipswitches on the adaptor? Apologies if I've got the wrong end of the stick though!:)

klargon

n00b
There are 2 physical switches on the inter-board itself. There are some instructions with it, but they're fairly confusing.

To quote - "Put the No.1 of S2 Dip-switch to On position during the power off, then switch On the power and push S1 button, then the adjusting menu will be displayed"

You can't set the soft settings after launching a game like you can on the multi-carts, you basically set them globally at the front-end. I would imagine this is why it takes about 20 seconds to launch a game fully (in order to change the settings).

genetik

Mr. Big's Thug
Just bought a consolized MVS MV-1C with a Unibios 2.3. As I'm fairly a newbie in the MVS world, can anyone confirm that a 150-in-1 should work with this board and that I should be able to change difficulty to something that makes more sense, like at least down to 4.

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey
Just want to make sure.

The 150 in 1 cart does not need the extra jamma board. That is only the 120 and 138 versions?

Also the 150 looks to be the same as my 108 with just more games? (same menu system, black with Terry, and insert coin after selecting the game) If so, then it should work fine with the Super Converter II same as the 108 does?

Frank_fjs

n00b
Does anyone know if the 150 in 1 has a setup screen where games can be filtered? If so, how do you access it?

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Does anyone know if the 150 in 1 has a setup screen where games can be filtered? If so, how do you access it?

When you say set up screen where games can be filtered do you mean blood on/off, difficulty level change etc?

because with the 150 in 1 you dont get a setup screen, the only way to change the details on a game is to choose one on the multi cart, like metal slug. when the game starts up you just go into the soft dip settings and it will come up as one of the games just like the other ones in the motherboard will (if you've got a multi slot) then you can change details etc from there. It actually stays on the settings if you change game and come back to the game as well, not sure how long though

Let me know if thats what you were wondering about, hope it helps

Frank_fjs

n00b
Hey NN,

No, I mean a way to enable/disable games from the main menu. So I'm after a setup screen specifically for the multi cart. The 138 in 1 lets you do this.

Nuclear Neo

Kuroko's Training Dummy
Hey NN,

No, I mean a way to enable/disable games from the main menu. So I'm after a setup screen specifically for the multi cart. The 138 in 1 lets you do this.

Hi, the 150 in 1 doesnt have that then (unless i dont know about it), and that would be quite handy actually if it did, because i'd happily hide the 40 KOF hacks and stuff on the menu so i dont need to go through all of the crappy ones etc.

NeoPickle

n00b
About this 150 in 1.

Does anyone know if it works on a AES with super converter II ?
Sadly no. I jut got the 150-in-1 Multicart the other day and I use the Super Converter II on my AES console.

The menu loads up, as do the games, but everything appears completely garbled. I was later told by the seller it's because more memory is required for the 150-in-1 Multicart for it to work on the AES systems with the MVS converter.

I just got the 120-in-1 as a replacement and can't even get a game to start up, so I'm pretty disappointed so far. I have a lot of MVS carts that play just fine, but haven't had any luck with the Multicarts on my Converter II so far. Was really hoping to try a bunch of games out to see which other ones I'd eventually like to buy.

Anselm

Camel Slug
Sadly no. I jut got the 150-in-1 Multicart the other day and I use the Super Converter II on my AES console.

The menu loads up, as do the games, but everything appears completely garbled. I was later told by the seller it's because more memory is required for the 150-in-1 Multicart for it to work on the AES systems with the MVS converter.

I just got the 120-in-1 as a replacement and can't even get a game to start up, so I'm pretty disappointed so far. I have a lot of MVS carts that play just fine, but haven't had any luck with the Multicarts on my Converter II so far. Was really hoping to try a bunch of games out to see which other ones I'd eventually like to buy.

I have never tried an emulator, but if all you are doing is looking to preview games that might be a better choice financially.

~Anselm~

Official Ninja

Morden's Lackey

Hmmm.... I'm going to be getting the 150 - 1 to use in a MVS cabinet, so if it works with the SCII or not isn't a big deal. Although, It would be great if it did because sometimes I will take the multicart out to load the MVS with another game not on the multicart. (magical drop 3) SO it would be nice to use it with the SCII on the AES.

Anyway, you should try the 108-1 I have that and it works fine with the MVS converter. Some games have issues, but overall it works.

crocchio

n00b
hi
i have buy 1 mvs multigame 111 in 1 and woork with converter II on aes , there are same problem on same game (i have not try all game). i have 1 question about this card, how i can return to main menu when i'm in game ( how i can change game)?
sorry for my bad english
thanks
sasa

alphagamer

Aero Fighters Flyboy
hi
i have buy 1 mvs multigame 111 in 1 and woork with converter II on aes , there are same problem on same game (i have not try all game). i have 1 question about this card, how i can return to main menu when i'm in game ( how i can change game)?
sorry for my bad english
thanks
sasa

Hold the start button for 5 seconds, this should bring you right back to the game select screen.

crocchio

n00b
yes i have try...it don't woork and i must turn the power!
i have try same games , same game woork fine and other game reset in game.....then same woork fine and same not woork!
sameone have the same problem?who have try this 111in1 card with converter II?
thanks
sasa

Syn

There can be only one.
10 Year Member
sameone have the same problem?who have try this 111in1 card with converter II?
thanks
sasa

It isin't a problem, it's the way it works when using a Converter II. The Multi-carts weren't designed for Home System use. It's the trade off for using the Converter and Home System.

crocchio

n00b
thanks for your reply
then the card is ok......but same game reset in game (es metal slug 6 reset in mission 3 and restart) then same game can be played and same game cannot be played!
bye
sasa

memories

n00b

How do you mean "garbled"?

I finally got hold of a SCII yesterday and eventually got round to trying my 150-in-1 cart this afternoon with my AES and I didn't see any problems at all.

I only tried about half a dozen games as I was pushed for time but the menu selection loaded up fine and the games themselves all seem fine as well, looked good and all perfectly playable.

memories

n00b
You aint the only one mate :lolz:.

I got the 150 a couple of weeks back, way before I had a converter to go with it, and then I read in here that it might not work with the converter, was getting a bit worried I would have to faff about selling the 150 and picking up a smaller one.

Thankfully, so far so good.

Just need a bit of free time to sit and have a blast through some games now.

NeoPickle

n00b
How do you mean "garbled"?

I finally got hold of a SCII yesterday and eventually got round to trying my 150-in-1 cart this afternoon with my AES and I didn't see any problems at all.

I only tried about half a dozen games as I was pushed for time but the menu selection loaded up fine and the games themselves all seem fine as well, looked good and all perfectly playable.
When I put the cartridge in, the menu loads up fine and I'm able to start any game. The problem is, when the games actually start up, the graphics are very glitchy and blocky to the extent that you can't even tell what's happening on the screen. The sounds play fine, but all graphics are just large blocky messes that render all the games unplayable.

But you're saying you bought the same 150-in-1 Multicart and are using it on an AES console with the Super Converter II and it's working for you? Very odd. I've never had trouble with any other MVS carts on this converter.

Any ideas what could be causing this graphical problem with this multicart?

NeoPickle

n00b
I've been using an AES console with the Super Converter II and real MVS carts for ages, no problem whatsoever. This is my first Multicart though and it just doesn't appear to work on the Super Converter II, yet others are saying it does. Is there anything that could be making the graphics not display properly?