Is it possible to divide Neo Geo Games into Eras?

B

Bobak!

The Neo Geo is definitely of, if not the, oldest system in terms of constant support. With a span of over 10 years, would it be possible to sub-divide the games into different eras of release?

Like the early period, the home system period, the fighting game period, etc?

Anyone willing to help me take this on? It'd be an interesting thing put together.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
Not sure about that, but you got me thinking... I bought a Neo from Software Etc. (or was it Babbages) back in the summer of '92. I remember paying like $120 for Blue's Journey! I ordered World Heroes from Japan Video Games and thought that this was the pinnacle of gaming! Man was I wrong... but it seems to me right around the time of Fatal Fury 2 and World Heroes 1 & 2 that the Neo started to become the "fighting game" system it is famous for and everyone and their mom began making fighting games for it.

LastResort

King's Dry Cleaner
Why devide it into era's, years, ... ?
I like almost all Neo Geo games ( a few exceptions). Both classic as more recent games rule on the Neo Geo system.
And i hope it will still conitnue in the future. Keeping my fingers crossed for a
KOF 2001 home release, or maybe a Last Blade 3 or MOW 2.

LastResort

B

Bobak!

Originally posted by LastResort:
Why devide it into era's, years, ... ?
LastResort

Because I love pretty much all Neo Geo games, I wanted to find a way to catagorize them in order to fairly compare them to one another. For example, it doesn't seem right to compare a classic like Fatal Fury (the game that pioneered the fighters) to KOF 2000, or Baseball Stars Pro to Metal Slug 3. The logical solution, to me, would be to compare them in their own right -and catagorical eras (with the themes of each) would make the comparisons more sensible.

------------------
Bobak!
chen.jpg

You can also see me in the classic SNK game, "Guerrilla War" (known in Japan as "Guevara")