NEOSD MVS Support thread !

neodev

Neosd Tech
Oh sure, I am currently using the workaround, which works fine and I know they are busy with the new product and all that, just wondering if there was any idea when the feature would be fixed since it's a nice feature.

Yes, sorry. Things have been extra-busy here, but the fix is included in the firmware, I think it won't be long till we can release it. I plan on adding some nice feature too, but that might delay it a bit. Meantime, using the backram save on game change should work fine too, no need to disable it entirely.

neodev

Neosd Tech
Any way to revert the convert of .neo files games to Neo Geo RomSet ?

Well, the . neo format is "open" and documentation about it in the neobuilder readme, so, anyone could use it to revert it to working mame romsets or to use in another device... but I think the effort of writting a tool to convert it to mame and re-doing all the tens of diferent rom arrangements in the carts is greater than finding and downloading a working romset.

chadt

War Room Troll
Hey guys, I just receieved my NeoSD and I'm having a hell of a time completing my rom set using Neo Builder. I'm focusing on Pulstar right now and I keep getting an internal error with Neo Builder, several other roms I have are getting the same however. I've tried roms from at least 5 different sources and I have the 32 bit version of the file mentioned earlier in this thread. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hey guys, I just receieved my NeoSD and I'm having a hell of a time completing my rom set using Neo Builder. I'm focusing on Pulstar right now and I keep getting an internal error with Neo Builder, several other roms I have are getting the same however. I've tried roms from at least 5 different sources and I have the 32 bit version of the file mentioned earlier in this thread. Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

FFS...

If you actually READ the fuckin' forum from time to time... like a good fuckin' member would... you'd see this:

http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showt...ort-thread-!&p=4140218&viewfull=1#post4140218

PS. I am not signing off with xROTx because this post irritates me...

chadt

War Room Troll
Yes I actually saw that but assumed it was just a list, didn't think folks were okay with posting links to roms. Thanks for pointing it out.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Yes I actually saw that but assumed it was just a list, didn't think folks were okay with posting links to roms. Thanks for pointing it out.

You're lucky I am relaxing...

Contribute more... read the forums properly and I'll forget about this episode...

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
And I remember why I stay clear of this forum.

I'll make it even easier for you... WAR ROOM LOCK!

Because... fuck you...

You want the benefits... but you don't wanna contribute...

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
Hi all, I'm new member as of today so first of all i'm just wanting to say hi to everyone. I've been a long time neo-geo fan and gamer. I regrettably had to sell my AES years back but now the Neo SD is out I can afford to jump back in :).

I found this support forum as I've been trying to get a full set of 'files' for the NeoSD. after trying a few sets and failing to get them all to convert I luckily stumbled across post 44 on this forum.

I downloaded the first file which had every game from what I could see (so a full set)...but there were 19 other downloads which looked to contain the same files?, but less in each as you go down the list. am I missing something as is seems you only need file number 1?

just wanting to make sure I have all that I need :)

anyway, cheers in advance,
Rich.
Rich.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Hi all, I'm new member as of today so first of all i'm just wanting to say hi to everyone. I've been a long time neo-geo fan and gamer. I regrettably had to sell my AES years back but now the Neo SD is out I can afford to jump back in :).

I found this support forum as I've been trying to get a full set of 'files' for the NeoSD. after trying a few sets and failing to get them all to convert I luckily stumbled across post 44 on this forum.

I downloaded the first file which had every game from what I could see (so a full set)...but there were 19 other downloads which looked to contain the same files?, but less in each as you go down the list. am I missing something as is seems you only need file number 1?

just wanting to make sure I have all that I need :)

anyway, cheers in advance,
Rich.
Rich.

You need to download EVERY file... then use 7-Zip (Windows OS only)... to extract the files into one mega file..

Highlight all of the files and then unpack... seems to work best that way...

xROTx

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
hi mate, thanks for the quick reply!

I tried to extract them all into one file, but in each file there are duplicates so it asks me do I want to replace/keep original. I'm using WinRAR, can I do it with this program the same as with 7-zip?

Rich.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
hi mate, thanks for the quick reply!

I tried to extract them all into one file, but in each file there are duplicates so it asks me do I want to replace/keep original. I'm using WinRAR, can I do it with this program the same as with 7-zip?

Rich.

Use 7-Zip...

hightlight all... right click and extract...

xROTx

PS. I'd suggest extracting into a FOLDER...

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
hi again, i followed what you said to do, got 7 zip, highlighted all and extracted to a folder.

the folder that was extracted was named Neo.Part01, and the total file size of all files combined is 9.54GB....so the files within this new folder are good to go with NeoSD?

sorry if i'm asking stupid questions
thanks
rich

Last edited:

cyd

New Challenger
Look at the files inside that folder, if they are .neo files you did good. If not you managed to much something up, try again ;)

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
hiya,

yeh i've checked and they are all .neo files.

the thing is, when i extracted just the first zip file i got exactly the same result (as in files, and total size) to when i highlighted all 20 zip files and extracted? doesn't make sense to me unless there something i'm missing? :)

rich.

cyd

New Challenger
those .neo files are "candy striped" across the archive. chopping it into "parts" makes it easier to manage when up/down loading. Think of it this way, the first archive has all of the containers, but the later archives have the "stuff" that goes into them.

gamelife00

Rugal's Thug
nice one, makes more sense to now. just never seen this type of zip before

...though if i just extracted the first zip wouldn't the file size be smaller?

Last edited:

cyd

New Challenger
No they will be the "correct" size, they would just be empty.

di3sel

n00b
Many thanks for the earlier pastebin link, I recently got a 2nd hand NeoSD mvs and the previous owner hadn't de-registered it so I cant get access to the relevant files needed to convert them myself.
I've contacted support to see if they can re-register me as the owner so now it's just a waiting game as I guess they are so busy.

Great thread btw, I've literally read every post the last few nights.. you can never have too much knowledge.

Last edited:

neosd

Neosd Developer
Many thanks for the earlier pastebin link, I recently got a 2nd hand NeoSD mvs and the previous owner hadn't de-registered it so I cant get access to the relevant files needed to convert them myself.
I've contacted support to see if they can re-register me as the owner so now it's just a waiting game as I guess they are so busy.

Great thread btw, I've literally read every post the last few nights.. you can never have too much knowledge.

just drop us an email (contact@neosdstore.... ) and we will remove your serial from the users list, so you can register it again

DaytimeDreamer

Southern Pounce.,
just drop us an email (contact@neosdstore.... ) and we will remove your serial from the users list, so you can register it again

I have more or less the same issue. I bought a 2nd hand NeoSD MVS from a member which is also registered here on the forum. I changed all the login details (email, contact details, etc) on the main site but for the support/download area I cannot change the email and the login. Do I just send you the NeoSD serial so I can re-register it as well through a new support account?

neosd

Neosd Developer
I have more or less the same issue. I bought a 2nd hand NeoSD MVS from a member which is also registered here on the forum. I changed all the login details (email, contact details, etc) on the main site but for the support/download area I cannot change the email and the login. Do I just send you the NeoSD serial so I can re-register it as well through a new support account?

yes, i will just remove the neosd serial from the previous owner