Terraonion New Product(s) discussion thread

Boki

New Challenger
“We” dont want to play mega drive games on a Neo Geo.
YOU do.

WE want to play neo geo games on a neo geo, Ya know like it was designed for!

There is 0 point in playing mega drive games on a Neo Geo.

NONE!

It is a pointless exercise when the original hardware is cheap as chips to buy and you can much better emulate the mega drive on other systems.

Hell you can even emulate it on the damn Xbox so why in hells name would you want to emulate it on a Neo Geo flash card!?

Hell why dont you ask Krikzz if he can put Mega Drive compatibility on his SNES everdrive so you can play it on SNES!?

I know put SNES compatibility on the Everdrive X7 to when you are at it coz I sure want to pay extra money to play MD on my SNES!

Put it on everything because you can never have enough mega drive!

I am a Sega fan boy, You are a flaming idiot.

I already have retro-bit Megadrive adapter for Snes. It's faisible. And I hate Sega, for letting me down with my Sega Saturn, when I was young, and letting me down with my Dreamcast, after just two years. They never wanted success for Sega Saturn, because they never maked any real Sonic on it, and they never wanted success for the dreamcast, because they wanted to have the monopol. Dreamcast was selling great, but not as expected. That's the point. If SNK would have done the same, they would have stopped Neo-Geo in 1992! It's because SNK cares about customers, that we got games for the Neo-Geo until 2005, means 15 years of Neo-Geo, and there was only 1,000,000 units sell, and Saturn, the "huge" failure, sell more than 10 millions! That's the difference when somebody cares more about supremacy, than about fans and customers.

You bought 32X when it was out? If you would, you would have been disgusted, because as a customer you wouldn't be considered. 10 games available of one origin for this machine.

I even have the scottie Pippen game Mega CD 32X crap. So I know that Sega doesn't cares about his customers. They care only about their supremacy.

If you only buyed a Megadrive, it's easy to be a Sega FanBoy. They loved the supremacy they got with that machine. They hated to not have supremacy later, so they gived up on consoles and on fans. I got the dreamcast Magazine, with the official announce when they gived up, saying "We are going to become the biggest editor in the world, because we want to make games on all supports, including mobile phones, etc..."

And look where are they today. They are pathetic. They make only 2 games these days. Sonic, and Yakuza. Where is the "biggest editor of all times?"

They gived up on the prestige to have something on their own, for the prestige to be the slave of others. For this, I despise them, period.

Tech&Music

Another Striker
I want to play Megadrive like a Neo-Geo. It's a matter of win or loose, it's hard to explain to a gaïjin.

We might be gaijin, but at least we're not retarded enough to want to play games for other consoles on Neo Geo while nonsensically ranting on about it. Hell, you might just be more indecipherable than Amiga1200 and Karou combined.

Boki

New Challenger
You don't know what you are talking about...

People that are still searching to have a full house of consoles either don't have a social life, or don't know what they are talking about.

These days, most often wifes don't wanna see a lot of consoles in home.

Look at this

NEC_0339.JPGNEC_0340.JPG

As I said, you don't know what you are talking about. I even have Sega Saturn floppy disc drive, Sega Saturn Modem, etc...
NeoSD is a stockage solution, and also a low priced way to have an entire Neo collection. I just want to have one console per "theme".
I played on NeoX megadrive games, it's nice with the Neo-Geo stick. There is plenty of Superguns that have Neo-Geo layout. There is a rare SNK Neo-Geo Supergun that already exist too, but it's extremely rare, it's SNK official, not from a third party.

As I said, using a Neo like this is faisible, because there is already a jamma adapter for MVS, and a Megadrive adapter for SNES.

Now, whatever you said, it's the facts. And for megadrive fans, every time a gadget like this is made, prices for a Megadrive lowers. It's also a fact, so it's better for you.

Most often, people saying what you all people say doesn't have anything at home...

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
People that are still searching to have a full house of consoles either don't have a social life, or don't know what they are talking about.

These days, most often wifes don't wanna see a lot of consoles in home.

Look at this

View attachment 51666View attachment 51667

As I said, you don't know what you are talking about. I even have Sega Saturn floppy disc drive, Sega Saturn Modem, etc...
NeoSD is a stockage solution, and also a low priced way to have an entire Neo collection. I just want to have one console per "theme".
I played on NeoX megadrive games, it's nice with the Neo-Geo stick. There is plenty of Superguns that have Neo-Geo layout. There is a rare SNK Neo-Geo Supergun that already exist too, but it's extremely rare, it's SNK official, not from a third party.

As I said, using a Neo like this is faisible, because there is already a jamma adapter for MVS, and a Megadrive adapter for SNES.

Now, whatever you said, it's the facts. And for megadrive fans, every time a gadget like this is made, prices for a Megadrive lowers. It's also a fact, so it's better for you.

Most often, people saying what you all people say doesn't have anything at home...

Hey...

Look at this....

45f23ed0ccc382066512f83500223069.jpg

Looks like a mega drive 2 right!?

Well let me blow your mind!

Its actually a Rpi 3 in a broken MD2 case. It has the entire library for SG1000, Master system, Mega drive, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, TG16 and feck knows what else I put on there.

Know what else? It cost me less than £50 to make....

You can buy allot of Rpi’s for the cost of a single Neo SD.

Now tell me again why you want to hack a flash cart for a Neo Geo to play Mega Drive games????

Tech&Music

Another Striker
Now tell me again why you want to hack a flash cart for a Neo Geo to play Mega Drive games????

Because he's a collectard? That's what he's alluding to in the post you replied to. But honestly, fuck knows why he wants it. He also asked if he could convert MP3 and MP4 files to .neo files so he can play those on his Neo Geo. Either this guy is advanced trolling, or advanced stupid.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
Because he's a collectard? That's what he's alluding to in the post you replied to. But honestly, fuck knows why he wants it. He also asked if he could convert MP3 and MP4 files to .neo files so he can play those on his Neo Geo. Either this guy is advanced trolling, or advanced stupid.

IKR because the Neo Geo is the ultimate all in one entertainment system!

The very best in video gaming, Music and Video play back capabilities!

*face palm*

Boki

New Challenger
So...

Hey...

Look at this....

45f23ed0ccc382066512f83500223069.jpg

Looks like a mega drive 2 right!?

Well let me blow your mind!

Its actually a Rpi 3 in a broken MD2 case. It has the entire library for SG1000, Master system, Mega drive, NES, SNES, Neo Geo, TG16 and feck knows what else I put on there.

Know what else? It cost me less than £50 to make....

You can buy allot of Rpi’s for the cost of a single Neo SD.

Do I have to justify myself? I don't understand first why you show me a raspberry pi. I hate it. Simple. I even prefer a NeoX.

NeoGeo can easily handle a RPG like Samurai Spirits Bushidohretsuden, so more console-like, feeling is great, and NeoCD pads are compatible with Neo AES. It would be great to play Shining Force with a NeoCD pad, for example.

I would maybe like more a raspberry pi in a NeoGeo cartridge. I like gadgets, I hate Megadrive (2 even more), so I want to play on my Neo MD games, like I played before on my NeoX, before I bricked it XD

You don't like Sonic on Neo Pocket? I love it.
There should have been more on Neo CD, but Sega played unfair. Many great Neo games on Saturn, even (with shitty backgrounds) Waku Waku, Fighter History Dynamite, etc... And Sega never respected his agreement with SNK. I want justice, it's simple.

Having many neo games on SS dont served positively SNK, because versions were not good, small fighters in best cases, and why bother to buy a Neo if you already have all SNK (even if you don't, when I was young I thought my versions were the same as the Neo version) great games? Now, it would be normal to "force" Sega to respect his agreement, by making Sega games available on Neo. I don't need a Sega-Capcom pad (the only real sega controller was the arcade Stick, the 6 button pad was made in collaboration with Capcom) to play MD, I just need a Neo stick, or a NeoCD pad, that was way better in term of feeling.

Besides, if a Snes can do it, you think the neo couldn't handle it? It's just a miniaturized MD, and this is why with another processor, if you emulate well a machine, you could do the same, and play with NeoGeo Sticks or pads, on real Neo, and even, if you downgrade display quality, make it displayed by the Neo processors.

W-H-Y N-O-T? And you all like to speak for everybody. You represent only yourself. When you love your Neo, you want everything on it. All people saying to buy other hardware than SNK has nothing to do in a forum dedicated to the Neo-Geo, in my opinion.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The Retrogen is an entire Genesis crammed onto a cartridge and only uses the SNES to supply power and controller inputs, it doesn't do any of the things you suggest a Neo Geo should do to run Genesis games. It's also a really, really bad way to play Genesis games.

Boki

New Challenger

Speak for yourself. Before, I was converting videos for the Sega Saturn, for the Dreamcast, etc...

And if you had at least checked what links I was sharing (It proves you speak but you absolutely don't care... You just want to show I'm wrong, and you're right), you should have seen there was a guy showing he could launch a MP3 using Linux Kernel on m68000 (with additional devices).

Don't you remember there was a movie player on Neo Pocket? Neo Pocket is the same hardware as the neogeo. So...

Boki

New Challenger
IKR because the Neo Geo is the ultimate all in one entertainment system!

The very best in video gaming, Music and Video play back capabilities!

*face palm*

I love my Neo. I plaid guilty. I thought it was normal on a forum called Neo-Geo.com...

Boki

New Challenger
The Retrogen is an entire Genesis crammed onto a cartridge and only uses the SNES to supply power and controller inputs, it doesn't do any of the things you suggest a Neo Geo should do to run Genesis games. It's also a really, really bad way to play Genesis games.

I don't like to play games on genesis, but I liked to play same games on NeoX, coz of the Stick.

I never said I want absolutely something else than it was done in this SNES cartridge. Because i've seen a JAMMA to MVS converter, meaning the display and sound can go through cartridge port, it means that (MD to SNES) can be done better on Neo. And if they can use a MD chip on it, or an Android-compatible chip in a NeoSD, why this kind of processor can't be used to something else, like emulating a console or arcade, as everybody do on crappy Samsung low capabilities android phones?

Can you tell me why the processor couldn't be used for something else than just copy games to Flash memory?

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
We all love Neo Geo....

For playing Neo Geo games!
I also love my Mega Drive and my SNES but funnily enough I dont want to play Neo Geo games on them.

So you dont like the MD2 case? So what?
Stick a Pi in a MVS cart, Or your Bricked Neo X it really does not matter.

Hell you can even get a USB neo pad to plug into it and use that!

The point is there are far far far better ways to achieve what you want to achieve.

What you are proposing is not only a very expensive solution but utterly pointless.

Ya know ypu can even play music and videos on a Pi....

Shit the Pi can do everything you want at about 1/10th of the cost of a Neo Geo system and a NeoSD.

Damn ypu could even buy a polymega!! LOL

If you can not understand that then you are a truly lost cause!!

Yodd

Iori's Flame
20 Year Member
So you hate the Megadrive, but would like playing Megadrive games on the Neo.

You hate the raspberry pi, but if you could somehow attach it to the Neo that would be ok too.

What else do you hate but would like if it interfaced with the Neo? Super Famicom? XBox? Women?

Boki

New Challenger
We all love Neo Geo....

For playing Neo Geo games!
I also love my Mega Drive and my SNES but funnily enough I dont want to play Neo Geo games on them.

So you dont like the MD2 case? So what?
Stick a Pi in a MVS cart, Or your Bricked Neo X it really does not matter.

Hell you can even get a USB neo pad to plug into it and use that!

The point is there are far far far better ways to achieve what you want to achieve.

What you are proposing is not only a very expensive solution but utterly pointless.

Ya know ypu can even play music and videos on a Pi....

Shit the Pi can do everything you want at about 1/10th of the cost of a Neo Geo system and a NeoSD.

Damn ypu could even buy a polymega!! LOL

If you can not understand that then you are a truly lost cause!!

USB is USB. Db-15 is DB-15. I was absolutely not the same. There is nothing best than an arcade type of connection, like on the neo, without the need to decode your inputs, to be recognised by a console.

Boki

New Challenger
So you hate the Megadrive, but would like playing Megadrive games on the Neo.

You hate the raspberry pi, but if you could somehow attach it to the Neo that would be ok too.

What else do you hate but would like if it interfaced with the Neo? Super Famicom? XBox? Women?

I love my Neo. I dislike the Sega Hardware, because Sega hated it before me. I buyed a Sega Saturn when everybody was playing a PS, and Sega wasn't caring about all people that have buyed a Saturn, even if it was sell 10 times more than the Neo. read all my messages, I already said that in details.

titchgamer

Guerilla Warrior
USB is USB. Db-15 is DB-15. I was absolutely not the same. There is nothing best than an arcade type of connection, like on the neo, without the need to decode your inputs, to be recognised by a console.

Its official....

You are a lost cause!

You make no sense and have no idea how to make life easy for yourself.

I give up.

Boki

New Challenger
Its official....

You are a lost cause!

You make no sense and have no idea how to make life easy for yourself.

I give up.

I hate the fact of having USB everywhere. What does that mean? A button is a button. Couldn't it be possible to just have a simple button, 0 or 1? This is what we find on the Neo-Geo, because even if you don't "feel" it, having direct inputs is having faster inputs, and it changes everything.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
This dude has been cookin' up some srs 'burgers while I slept. Where to even begin with this insanity?

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
First off: you can’t run Linux on a regular 68000 cpu like what’s in the Neo Geo because a 68000 cpu lacks MMU (memory management unit). Linux requires it. Period.

Actually, yes you can, and no it doesn't. ;)

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Doesn't change the fact this dude is fucking crazy.
Can you making nesrgb in neosd support for C64 carts? Because I buy Saturn 20 years ago and Sega does not care about me! SNK still loves my collection.