Post Your Recent Purchases!

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
I finally came to terms with replacing my $20 component switch with this $200 beast.

Wanted this for a long time... sat on the fence so long the 4:1 switch got replaced with the gcompsw 8:2 a good while ago.

gcompsw 01.jpg

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
Nice. I have the 4:1 version Gcomp and it works perfectly. I do plan to get the 8:2 GComp sometime later along with another Gshit lite so I can get sync on green support.

Only thing that really needs improvement on gcomps imo is being able to switch inputs without turning off consoles and going back to a din barrel connection (through hole soldering) vs the micro usb (surface mount). Not sure how but on shmups a lot of people have broken their micro usb connections on these lol. So be careful.

In any case got this HAS supergun after being on a waitlist for 9+ months showing Super Street fighter II Grand Poop Master Challenge X. Mainly going to be used for tate games/31khz games.I just need to get a jamma extender for this,cut a board to lay all this shit on properly, and grab another undamned decoder.

FFIwBLK.jpg

My weapons of choice (stick preferred usually)

QRaB7aS.jpg

Displayed from HAS -> to Gshit Lite -> Shinbow RGB to Component -> Shitty Wega kv27Fs100

uJdoq3V.jpg

Last edited:

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
What's up with the arcade stick without the stick?

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
What's up with the arcade stick without the stick?

Those 'hitbox' controllers have been coming up on my Instagram feed for a while and I finally had to look up what they were. So weird, and apparently controversial, because they have clear advantages over a stick, and can completely change games where character moves were designed assuming a stick (or pad) was being used..

TheSegaDude

Astra Superstar
10 Year Member
Nice. I have the 4:1 version Gcomp and it works perfectly. I do plan to get the 8:2 GComp sometime later along with another Gshit lite so I can get sync on green support.

Only thing that really needs improvement on gcomps imo is being able to switch inputs without turning off consoles and going back to a din barrel connection (through hole soldering) vs the micro usb (surface mount). Not sure how but on shmups a lot of people have broken their micro usb connections on these lol. So be careful.

I've plugged in my gcompsw and it really does work perfectly. I was so happy with it I had to show my wife... she didn't care.

I can see scenarios where it would be nice to switch to another console without powering the current one off, but I really do like the simplicity of the auto switching.

Unlike your Super Street Fighter II setup which does not look simple. You've gone a long way for a perfect setup. :cool:

It would be cool if the 2nd output could be switched to independent so that you could output two different consoles at once. If you had a 2nd TV close by it would be easy to tap into a feature like that. But I'm guessing that would add a lot of complexity to the product which has already seen a great evolution.

I did read SuperG's comments on the gcompsw page where he questions if he should have switch from din barrel to mirco USB. I haven't had mine long but I'm surprised that enough have been broken for him to comment on it. I'm also surprised and pleased that SuperG is so open about talking about everything, the good and the bad. I have a lot of confidence in him. I also watched his interview with RetroRGB. It helps putting a face to the product:

https://youtu.be/IVRYHIpt7r0

I sounds like SuperG feels that the broken micro USB ports happened because people weren't handling it appropriately. I have no concerns.

ChopstickSamurai

I have earned the, right to PM Rot.,
I was so happy with it I had to show my wife... she didn't care.

Story of my life Dude. I have one of his gscart switches and it’s the bomb. I had a couple mechanical switches before and it’s so nice to just power on and game. It’s funny how a simple device like a switch can really make your setup.

Ralfakick

J. Max's Chauffeur,
20 Year Member
Helped a friend over a couple weekends move his mother to a retirement village. This included cleaning out his brother’s room, who passed away from cancer about six years ago. His brother had a decent collection including a turbo duo and pc engine games my friend kept, but as a thanks he gave me the box and the encore game, I had all of the us namco museum games already that fit neatly in the box

02D445F6-909A-429C-B1F3-534A5F796045.jpeg

Last edited:

djjimmyjames

NG.com Tattoo Artist.,
15 Year Member
2x Ms8-29. Chassis

FB2E2171-FC2E-4531-B35C-E2F0AF188C34.jpeg

BEFCAC64-A166-4DBD-BAE4-4627263980E4.jpeg966E1D53-E7B4-4BDD-85E2-4C696BC0DB15.jpeg

Attachments

• 8C0D89BA-715E-4062-AFE3-7E11EA298375.jpeg
    8C0D89BA-715E-4062-AFE3-7E11EA298375.jpeg
    363 KB · Views: 308
  • 41FA8701-DBF6-4069-AD51-B79987DA8CAF.jpeg
    41FA8701-DBF6-4069-AD51-B79987DA8CAF.jpeg
    309.4 KB · Views: 311
Last edited:

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
Been after a Analogue pad for my Saturn for ages but they are always crazy money.

But I got this for a great price and its CIB :D

0468afef14c12b6cb65b88363d49f4de.jpg

How much did you end up paying for this because I have like 6 of these stored away somewhere.

2 of them that were packaged with NiGHTS.