The MotherFUC*IN GOD OF WAR THREAD

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The GOW Franchise is one of the reasons I got back into New School Gaming. This was also one of the major reasons I purchased a PS4.

I don't often get souped up for a new game but this one and Red Dead Redemption 2 have been on my radar for awhile.

The reviews are in. No Multiplayer Bullshit, No Micro Transactions, Just a good old fashioned single player goodness, just how I like it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=x_MtcOznfM4

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qL9c_A9I2VY

Last edited:

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Yeah I've been watching this title for a little while now. I loved GOW3 and my PS4pro is desperate for something worth fucking playing and I think this might be the one.

I said this about gran turismo sport too but that's had about two seconds worth of game time.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Yeah I've been watching this title for a little while now. I loved GOW3 and my PS4pro is desperate for something worth fucking playing and I think this might be the one.

I said this about gran turismo sport too but that's had about two seconds worth of game time.

Yea, I'm still rocking the regular PS4 and they say this game really pushes the Ps4 limits with frame dips under 30fps. This is a good time to have a PS4pro. I'll probably pick one up when the price drops.

Thierry Henry

Tung's Hair Stylist
Yea, I'm still rocking the regular PS4 and they say this game really pushes the Ps4 limits with frame dips under 30fps. This is a good time to have a PS4pro. I'll probably pick one up when the price drops.

Same here. Don't have a Pro yet. This is probably the game that will entice me to get one.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
The GOW PS4 Pro looks sick, I was really tempted to buy it as I've been eyeing the Pro for a while.

Haven't played the series since GOW2, but I love the change in gods and mythology. The series needed a change, and I'm looking forward to checking this out.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
The GOW PS4 Pro looks sick, I was really tempted to buy it as I've been eyeing the Pro for a while.

Haven't played the series since GOW2, but I love the change in gods and mythology. The series needed a change, and I'm looking forward to checking this out.

Yea Bro, I'm just little upset that he no longer has his Blades of Athena. Not saying that the Axe doesn't fit his personality but the killer combos you could pull off with the Blades were sick.

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
This is the first game that's really made me want a ps4. I'm gonna try and hold out until e3 though just in case there are some redesigns on the way. I've heard the current ps4 pros are VERY VERY loud, like a jet taking off.

Gaston

Mature's Make-up Artist
I absolutely loved gow 1,2 and 3.
Worried that this one is more story driven/rpg like because that is not really my thing (i disliked the last of us for example). Nevertheless, it looks brilliant.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I absolutely loved gow 1,2 and 3.
Worried that this one is more story driven/rpg like because that is not really my thing (i disliked the last of us for example). Nevertheless, it looks brilliant.

Yes, this is also my concern. I don't mind little Rpg elements being thrown in but I also don't want it to be a Zelda game. I like a good story but I rather the game's main focus be on destroying shit and the epic boss battles.

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
No Multiplayer Bullshit, No Micro Transactions, Just a good old fashioned single player goodness, just how I like it.

YES. This is what I still want out of modern gaming. I don't need or want all that bullshit, I just want a good game that I can enjoy to completion and in its entirety without convoluted money-making schemes and microtransactions, or tacked-on & worthless multiplayer modes.

Yes, this is also my concern. I don't mind little Rpg elements being thrown in but I also don't want it to be a Zelda game. I like a good story but I rather the game's main focus be on destroying shit and the epic boss battles.

I don't think you have to worry. Yes, it will be a little heavier on the story and have light exploration, but it's still a combat game at its core.
I've been a fan of the franchise since day one, and this is exactly what they needed to do to keep the series from getting stale and formulaic. I'm so stoked to play this.
Between this and the upcoming Spider-Man game, the PS4 seems to have a good hold on quality single-player games.

fake

King of Spammers
15 Year Member
This has been added to the "games I'll definitely get when I finally get a PS4 list." 2 & 3 seemed kinda phoned in / more of the same, but it looks like they went all out for the reboot.

Fuckwit1200

NAM-75 Vet
got chains of olympus for psp, the first two games on the ps2, and the ps3 set.
one thing that sours it for me is some of the puzzles.
it's a no-win situation like the myths of old.
gods toying with mortal men just for kicks.
there's no losing the quest, just some innocent npc gets torched in a cage for one, and you have to sacrifice more innocence in order to progress. :(
outside that ethical quagmire as a player, great series. :D

NeoCverA

RevQuixo. Who He?,
20 Year Member
I guess I’ll finally open up Horizon. Let me know how this one goes.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
So I'm about 3-4 hours in on this and I gotta say, SOMEONE PLAYED ALOT OF SOULSBORNE AT THE SANTA MONICA STUDIOS. So far it's been great, I really like the combat and the story, what little I have been exposed to, is pretty cool. There are little areas off the beaten path and the puzzles are kinda no brainers. Combat feels smooth and it forces you to change up things, don't want to give too much away.
Some of the upgrade paths look cool so it will be interesting how it pans out. This should prolly go without saying, but man this game looks groovy. I don't have a 4K tv but I opted for resolution over performance, I'm running on a Pro and I haven't noticed any dips below 30. I'm sure Stuart will be in soon talking about how he could run this at 10,000,000 fps at 8K resoultion, but yea, worth the 47 bucks I paid.

aoiddr

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I've played it for about 8 hours so far and I'm definitely enthralled by the game. Just when I thought it was going to be this linear narrative...it opens right up and allows you to go do some exploring, if you want to. It's a great evolution for this franchise.

Last edited:

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
I never did sit down and play 3. I did the first two, but it's been so long I feel like I need to refresh my memory on this one.

Still suck with the original PS4, though, so curious if it's worth the upgrade finally?

Rocko

Galford's Armourer
Been waiting eight years for this game. It's greater than I ever imagined it would be. Playing on a PS4 Pro and it's the most beautiful game I ever played. I have a GTX 1080, so PC master race can GTFO.

If you are on the fence about getting a PS4 for this, get over it now.

Damulta

Armored Scrum Object
I've owned a PS4 for about a year with no games lol it plays Amazon Prime. God of War is Coming

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
I never did sit down and play 3. I did the first two, but it's been so long I feel like I need to refresh my memory on this one.

Still suck with the original PS4, though, so curious if it's worth the upgrade finally?

Here is a comparison video between the PS4 and Pro. The Pro most likely plays at a consistent 30fps while the regular ps4 might Dip sometimes. Overall the regular ps4 holds up pretty well.

https://youtu.be/6VB3aIdXu_U

Mr. Mort

Another Striker
I was amped to play this game asap, but life has other plans.
Life’s too crazy right now for gaming. Will probably be a month or so before I can sit down and play this game with enough time to spend on it & actually enjoy it

Gonna have to stay clear of social media (& this thread, I guess), lest I get barraged with spoilers.

Last edited:

heihachi

Krauser's Henchman
Just played up through the first boss fight, and it's pretty good for sure. The combat feels faster than I thought it would.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
2 & 3 seemed kinda phoned in / more of the same, but it looks like they went all out for the reboot.

2 and 3 are a huge improvement in terms of game design, and (especially) art direction in my personal opinion. It's almost to the point where I think the original GoW doesn't do the trilogy justice for those who would enjoy 2 and 3 (GoW1 was directed by David Jaffe, before Cory Barlog took over in the sequels either as director or producer). It does hold some qualities, but had pacing issues and the cutscenes felt like something that would come out of Dramworks / Disney cartoons.

On that subject, I strongly believe if BluePoint's next project (which they confirmed to be working on and described it as being on a much bigger sclae than SotC) is with Sony, it would be a remake of the original GoW, and possibly GoW2, given the absence of remasters for these two games on PS4 (only GoW3 was ported)

PS: GoW2 is a must for any fan of the genre, and its gameplay really shines on higher difficulties. GoW3 is also almost as good if not equally good imo

wju2004

Armored Scrum Object
Here is a comparison video between the PS4 and Pro. The Pro most likely plays at a consistent 30fps while the regular ps4 might Dip sometimes. Overall the regular ps4 holds up pretty well.

https://youtu.be/6VB3aIdXu_U

Definitely seems like it. Honestly, with my just awoken eyes, there isn't a whole lot of difference graphically.

Performance, I can see a very slight hesitation in the original compared to the pro, but not worth sinking another $400 into it. I have really wanted to get a Pro for a while, but can't bring myself to do it. I was looking around after I saw a local scalper trying to sell a GOW PS4 Pro for $520 on facebook and with a little driving, I could still get one, but eh.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Definitely seems like it. Honestly, with my just awoken eyes, there isn't a whole lot of difference graphically.

Performance, I can see a very slight hesitation in the original compared to the pro, but not worth sinking another $400 into it. I have really wanted to get a Pro for a while, but can't bring myself to do it. I was looking around after I saw a local scalper trying to sell a GOW PS4 Pro for $520 on facebook and with a little driving, I could still get one, but eh.

Yea and who knows if they decide to release another version of the pro. I would just hold off. I paid $212 for a Uncharted PS4 slim on Black friday 2016. No way am I paying more than $300 for a Pro. That God Of War Ps4 Pro does look nice though.