PCE Super SD System 3 - Terraonion New Product (Dec 2017)

nornor1

NEST Puppet
Damn, TerraOnion Never Stop Stopping! You guys rock. I will be getting one of these soon.

LDigital

n00b
This is an amazing project. I Can’t wait to receive this.
About Sega Cd being a possible project, I think the retro community is strong and many many people would be interested in buying a ode replacement. Discs are rotting and mechanical drives and lasers won’t last forever. With the new super system release it will be pretty much the only system left that won’t have a solution that can beat Father Time

Last edited:
Hey neosd, GadgetUK mentions a companion application in his video that can be used to setup the preview screenshots and genre tags etc. Any more details on that? Still Windows-only? ;-)

neosd

Neosd Developer
Hey neosd, GadgetUK mentions a companion application in his video that can be used to setup the preview screenshots and genre tags etc. Any more details on that? Still Windows-only? ;-)

i was amazed no one asked about that before :)

Yes, we got a new neobuilder coming, this time it will not require 1.000 frameworks to get it working, or this is what i been told ;)

This tool will build a bin file with a database for the games. It wil contain genre, screenshots and other fields

It will come with preloaded screenshots and it will allow to add your own screenshots to the database aswel

So once you generate this database you only have to put it on the root of the microsd

Last edited:

MobiusStripTech

Mr. Big's Thug
If there was a way to get digital video/audio directly from the PCE, then an HDMI out would've made sense. Bundling a mini-OSSC/Framemeister into this device would be a waste of money for most people. It only really makes sense if this is the only old console you want to hook up to your HDMI-only modern TV.

You actually can get the digital signals from the PCE. They are output on the expansion connector.
However there is considerably more that goes into creating a HDMI signal then just having digital signals.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Payment system to USA seems back to life,

Get yours while the daily limit is not reached again

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
I am ordering 200...

/Kills Neosd's bank...

xROTx

PS. FU... 'MURIKAH!!!!!!:D

neosd

Neosd Developer
i see two transactions from usa working now and two not working but those not working are issues on the customer side, one is caused by a bad auth and the other one is an unknown error

It seems working so far

i see two transactions from usa working now and two not working but those not working are issues on the customer side, one is caused by a bad auth and the other one is an unknown error

It seems working so far

Yep, worked for me. I had a couple denied by bank charges because Chase bank’s fraud alert system ignored my advance notice and double pinky swear “it’s really me” 3 times in a row. Switched cards and nabbed a unit. Thanks! Looking forward to testing it out.

neosd

Neosd Developer
Yep, worked for me. I had a couple denied by bank charges because Chase bank’s fraud alert system ignored my advance notice and double pinky swear “it’s really me” 3 times in a row. Switched cards and nabbed a unit. Thanks! Looking forward to testing it out.

thanks to you for the purchase

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
I can answer a few:

The cart currently supports cue+iso and cue+bin, but adding cue+wav is easy. cue+mp3 and similar formats with compressed audio won't be supported.

I think a rgb modded console will work. You can also continue using your modded rgb output if you wish, but the audio must be taken from the sd system 3 connector, otherwise you'll miss the cdda + adpcm sound that is generated by the cdrom block

Thanks! I think I would buy this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Console-Nec-...B-Mod-THS7374-Manette-Autofire-/401455435428? It seems in good conditions.
After purchasing the Super SD System 3, I only need a microSD card, am I right? I don't know if the RGB cable included is compatble with SUper SD System 3. If not, I have to buy a scart rgb cable for Megadrive 2 like this one: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Sega-Mega-Dr...969356?hash=item3cca4b494c:g:n10AAOSwstxVAgvv

correct?

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Just Ordered 2. Had to Call my CC Company as well and give them a heads up. Doing the Text Message Fraud Press 1 thing wasn't working.

Pinball

Kula's Candy
An amazing product.. again. I bought 2 last night, along with a Jap Turbografx (due to PAL 50Hz issue). Thanks!

fenikso

Slug Flyer Pilot
15 Year Member
Ordered! My bank was being a pain again. Might have to try this whole 'wire transfer' thingy next time.

You actually can get the digital signals from the PCE. They are output on the expansion connector.
However there is considerably more that goes into creating a HDMI signal then just having digital signals.

IIRC they was doing some kind of clever trick where it got the palette data and the used that to perfectly reconstruct the analog signal or something like that. Certainly not straightforward, even without the complexities of HDMI considered.

i was amazed no one asked about that before :)

Yes, we got a new neobuilder coming, this time it will not require 1.000 frameworks to get it working, or this is what i been told ;)

This tool will build a bin file with a database for the games. It wil contain genre, screenshots and other fields

It will come with preloaded screenshots and it will allow to add your own screenshots to the database aswel

So once you generate this database you only have to put it on the root of the microsd

The metadata features are certainly very cool and elevate this over the usual plain EverDrive menu!

Oh yeah, I think the NeoSD converter is .NET based? Would be nice to have something more slim & portable ;-) Will you have a Mac/Linux application this time around? Everything Windows is always a major pain for me, I'd have to see if it's easier to get it going on my ancient XP laptop or setup a VirtualBox system again, very slow when moving potentially tens of GB of CD images around. For the NeoSD there is thankfully a pre-converted set available, I hope something like this will be also be made by the community, SmokeMonster etc. at least for the HuCard part. Not sure how practical it'll be to have this for the hundreds of CD games, though ;-) Can you also just copy ROMs and BIN/CUEs, BIOS files etc. to the SD card manually?

xterc

n00b
Excellent... I have mine ordered, I got a call from fraud protection, but all good now!

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Thanks! I think I would buy this: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Console-Nec-...B-Mod-THS7374-Manette-Autofire-/401455435428? It seems in good conditions.
After purchasing the Super SD System 3, I only need a microSD card, am I right? I don't know if the RGB cable included is compatble with SUper SD System 3. If not, I have to buy a scart rgb cable for Megadrive 2 like this one: http://www.ebay.it/itm/Sega-Mega-Dr...969356?hash=item3cca4b494c:g:n10AAOSwstxVAgvv

correct?
That system should work fine, but you're paying a lot for a RGB mod that you won't need.

That cable in the second link should work fine, although I don't know anything about the quality.

Gentlegamer

Sakura's Bank Manager
10 Year Member
Simply amazing!

I have a PCE Duo-R, now I have a legitimate reason to get a OG PCE other than being a collectard.

grendelrt

Super Spy Agent
As someone who has repaired their Duo multiple times for bad caps and traces, I snapped one of these up haha. Now I need a cable and a Pc engine/Core Grafx.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
That system should work fine, but you're paying a lot for a RGB mod that you won't need.

That cable in the second link should work fine, although I don't know anything about the quality.

I ordered 2 Core Grafx Systems from this seller.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/NEC-Pc-Eng...e=STRK:MEBIDX:IT&_trksid=p2055119.m1438.l2649

Messaged him in regards to combined shipping and hooked me up with e-express for a few extra bucks, go's by Frankie lol. Seems to be a nice guy. I wasn't looking for anything Minty, just in good shape, that works. Seems like the kind of guy that might give a discount if you buy multiple units.