Lost Neo Geo Prototype FOUND, REVEALED & RELEASED : "DarkSeed"

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
I'd be ALL over an AES cart for this.....maybe the chances for that will improve once music and so on gets added? I can't do anything like that, sadly, but best of luck to everyone who'd be willing to try! Fingers crossed.

JMKurtz

Tech Support Moderator,
20 Year Member
Pick up the NeoSD flash cart and you can play this on real hardware.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Pick up the NeoSD flash cart and you can play this on real hardware.

Yehhh

My wife doesn't let me ...

Haha

BTW: just saw an old post with your devkit, will give it a look

I'll try starting with adding some music, chars sounds
Already know how to convert those tracks ...

I have a new CD as well, need to research how neo-pc works to load modified ROMs to it

Need to check what's the best/faster way to try out modifications if via neo-cd or via mame

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
The best option for this game is really just to play it on the NeoSD. Taking time to make and release a run of carts just isn't worth it in it's current state, IMO.

I doubt there was ever music inside this proto, but sound effects were. There is an option to play sounds, but of course nothing comes out.

Before tacking any sounds, someone should first start with the the power bars, fonts, name sprites, hit/combo counter etc.

Samuray

Another Striker
10 Year Member
The best option for this game is really just to play it on the NeoSD. Taking time to make and release a run of carts just isn't worth it in it's current state, IMO.

I doubt there was ever music inside this proto, but sound effects were. There is an option to play sounds, but of course nothing comes out.

Before tacking any sounds, someone should first start with the the power bars, fonts, name sprites, hit/combo counter etc.

Well, but all that is theoretically possible, right? The game could potentially be polished enough to warrant a cart release?
I'm really not into flash carts, MAME or anything, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Wish I could be of some help.

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
Well, but all that is theoretically possible, right? The game could potentially be polished enough to warrant a cart release?
I'm really not into flash carts, MAME or anything, so I'll just wait and see what happens. Wish I could be of some help.

Updating the graphics is totally possible, but improving/completing the gameplay is probably a pipe dream.

Hawwa

B. Jenet's Firstmate
Sorry for the archaeology but I've just found this thread and read the whole 23 pages. Every single post.

Hats off NeoTurfMasta, everything you did regarding this game sets the bar for what a true Neo-Geo aficionado should do in respect to protos.

(You may know me from twitter, @JonAnderss)

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hi all

I've been around the past months, or so, doing some pallette/ bitmap editing on this game.
( s1 & fix ,files stuff)

Regarding sound I still haven't done anything and I still need to research a bit more into this

Is there any more "material" of the original dump you may have?
Anything that could help out

The aim of this is try to improve at least the gfx of this game, I totally think its amazing , and getting this somehow working and a bit more playable, and share with the ng community

Cheers and thanks

kingcuckmelon1

War Room Troll
Just a thought, what possible NGH number would this have had? I know that the proto itself had NGH 094 (probably because it reused roms from the development of Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer) but would SNK have ever designated a NGH to this game?

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
That's slightly insulting. Of course not, I don't withhold rom data.

Yeah man, and why didn't you go back in time and change the batteries of the cards before you bought them? /sarcasm

Ignore the entitled chodes, you've done god's work.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
That's slightly insulting. Of course not, I don't withhold rom data.

thats not what i meant, sorry

i meant the original material you dumped, since, the rom i have from mame, was obviously modified ( like s1 part, where you had used from another game, etc)
there's a lot of files on the mame rom that are not usual in an ng rom

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Just a thought, what possible NGH number would this have had? I know that the proto itself had NGH 094 (probably because it reused roms from the development of Voltage Fighter Gowcaizer) but would SNK have ever designated a NGH to this game?

i believe the game since it was in such early stages, never got his own NGH.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Any hints if this Japanese ( i think ..) makes any sense?

anyone can read this?

FCqqDQI.png

4z7xzUY.png

cheers :)

this is one of the things i've been around...

Last edited:

NeoTurfMasta

DANCE DANCE KARNOV!,
20 Year Member
thats not what i meant, sorry

i meant the original material you dumped, since, the rom i have from mame, was obviously modified ( like s1 part, where you had used from another game, etc)
there's a lot of files on the mame rom that are not usual in an ng rom

There is no "etc", only S1. The graphic and program files were not modified, period. The S1 is a mixture of several other games and was not a part of the original dump.

Heinz

Parteizeit
15 Year Member
Someone needs to learn some respect and also the edit feature.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
There is no "etc", only S1. The graphic and program files were not modified, period. The S1 is a mixture of several other games and was not a part of the original dump.
I just noticed what happened, I had the memory of the *power bar* in-game, after reviewing YouTube old videos , now I got it (when you first show the proto on that convention)

You riped that from some other game, fair enough makes sense now

In my mind that was the original dump, I was thinking that somehow mame devs had either messed some stuff, or forgot to add some rom parts haha

Cause one of the things I had been around was on recreating characters powerbars,as well as other things

You miss understood what I mean, I never doubt of your work,..

Cheers

Last edited:

massimiliano

ネオジオ,
20 Year Member
I guess it is always nice having people interested in messing with the ng roms.. misunderstanding aside, maybe this work will be useful for your other projects or just to learn more about the platform... keep up the good work.

geladobom

War Room Troll
The textures are missing as well on the life bar and no one discuss this rubbish.

She's complete! yeah man... C O M P L E T E ! As we wish the game being completed by FADE.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
Why'd you have to bump this thread for... I somehow thought there was a Neo port of the adventures of Mike Dawson. I totally forgot Dragon's Heaven = "Dark Seed".

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Why is it "rubbish"? Everything possible was painstakingly preserved.

The really sad thing is it looks like the proto had sound, and that rom couldn't be preserved. The backgrounds are still awesome though.

geladobom

War Room Troll
Why'd you have to bump this thread for... I somehow thought there was a Neo port of the adventures of Mike Dawson. I totally forgot Dragon's Heaven = "Dark Seed".

For one reason, mame version is not exactly the same.

Why is it "rubbish"? Everything possible was painstakingly preserved.

The really sad thing is it looks like the proto had sound, and that rom couldn't be preserved. The backgrounds are still awesome though.

The rubbish mame version is not the same. Not this one in the video. I respect the work of this creator.
And they need to fix a few charathers are incompleted.

Last edited:

geladobom

War Room Troll
Any progress for this game? Life bars and fix a few charathers? In mame still the same. :scratch:

Last edited: