Gun Lord - Another new game by NG:DEV Team

Status
Not open for further replies.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
The mvs version is slated for release on Mar. 26. Let's see if they can keep that deadline.

Macaw

n00b
I hope they don't. I didn't find the first trailer all that exciting but the 2nd trailer after the 5 month delay made me order the game. The new intro pixel art and those new bosses and such look amazing, I would be happy if they delayed it another 5 months and fancied it up even more.

I don't have any problems with the main character sprite, my only problem is with how the large enemies destruction animation has them 'shrinking' which looks a bit dumb. Why not just have the explosions, then the entire sprite disappears and creates a bunch of shrapnel like with the small enemies?

Also too many enemies 'fall to the bottom of the screen while exploding' when they die. It would be more satisfying if they just completely blew up at some point.

Anyway its NGDEVS game so they can do what they want. I wasn't a fan of Last Hope or Fast Striker mostly because of the graphics, but now that Gunlord has proper true pixel art the company has become really exciting.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
I guess the shooter level is another reference to Turrican? ;)

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I hope they don't. I didn't find the first trailer all that exciting but the 2nd trailer after the 5 month delay made me order the game. The new intro pixel art and those new bosses and such look amazing, I would be happy if they delayed it another 5 months and fancied it up even more.

I agree, the new additions made a huge difference imo. I'd like to see maybe a bit more animation when the character fires his guns. Like the kick back from the gun fire kinda like the Slugs but not that drastic. :lolz: But either way its gonna be a great game. >Marty<

Last edited:

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
Now that NG:Dev-Team has made two shooters and a run n' gun. They need to pay the ultimate Neo Geo homage and make an amazing FIGHTER.

Dr Shroom

made it in japan
15 Year Member
RBS is already as perfect as it gets.
So is MOTW. They shouldn't waste their time on yet another bmu.

Razoola

Divine Hand of the UniBIOS,
Staff member
20 Year Member
There is no vertical shooters on the neo..... By that I mean a shooter that requires the monitor set in a vertical position. Maybe oneday....

Macaw

n00b
NGDEV Team attempting to make a VS fighter would be well and truly pointless. Apart from the high standards people would expect from the character animation which would take ages and cost huge amounts to produce, the balancing and play testing process would be too much time for a company like this to waste.

Even if they got past these issues, who on earth would really even play the game and keep in maintained in tournaments and such when Capcoms current line up completely dominates the market outside Japan?

NGDEV Team sticking to the standard action game genre's that can be experienced and enjoyed individually by one player is the only logical choice.

If anything, that dragon boss in Gunlord shows that the company could definitely produce a superb looking fantasy side scrolling brawler like The King Of Dragons and other similar games...

neoXmen

n00b
I think a fighter from NG:DEV would be an epic failure. They shouldn't even touch that with a 10 foot pole. Another platform shooter or side scrolling brawler would be fine with me. Maybe even some action/puzzle type game would be fun. Fast Striker was just blah for me and anyone who claims it was some "god like" game is just riding NG's pole.

lantus360

Fu'un-Ken Master

I don't have any problems with the main character sprite, my only problem is with how the large enemies destruction animation has them 'shrinking' which looks a bit dumb. Why not just have the explosions, then the entire sprite disappears and creates a bunch of shrapnel like with the small enemies?

Also too many enemies 'fall to the bottom of the screen while exploding' when they die. It would be more satisfying if they just completely blew up at some point.

Anyway its NGDEVS game so they can do what they want. I wasn't a fan of Last Hope or Fast Striker mostly because of the graphics, but now that Gunlord has proper true pixel art the company has become really exciting.

Dont forget the game is updatable via USB. They did the same thing for Fast Striker MVS to 1.5. I think they should release now and update if necessary :)

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I think a fighter from NG:DEV would be an epic failure. They shouldn't even touch that with a 10 foot pole. Another platform shooter or side scrolling brawler would be fine with me.

I agree with that.

If it's as good as it looks, is a sequel to Gunlord out of the question. Maybe not for their next release, but at some point down the road. Why not?

Sherlin

Natural Born Killer,
15 Year Member
How about a chrono-trigger/crystalis type of RPG. Neo needs a killer RPG. Come on ng: dev team!

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
In terms of background story, Gun Lord is already a "sequel" to Last Hope.

Adol

The French Connection, ,
My only problem is with how the large enemies destruction animation has them 'shrinking' which looks a bit dumb. Why not just have the explosions, then the entire sprite disappears and creates a bunch of shrapnel like with the small enemies?

I think personally i those exploisions are just fine, that kind of "special effect" is common in Neo Geo Games, and that gives multiple variations of explosions instead of just 1. :)

distropia

SouthTown StreetSweeper
10 Year Member
At this point we're living a deja-vu on this thread, where I proposed a good driving game (outrun kind) taking advantage of the neo's scaling capabilities.
Btw, i dont think a vertical shooter where ppl have to rotate their 50" plasma would sell good LOL.
And definitely not another fighter, it would be exactly that: "another" instead "the one"

About Gunlord, personally i love the different ways enemies die. The shrinking one is like a tribute to sengoku era, and the pieces that fall apart is new on the neo (iirc)

Last edited:

MCF 76

Vice's Love Slave
10 Year Member
At this point we're living a deja-vu on this thread, where I proposed a good driving game (outrun kind) taking advantage of the neo's scaling capabilities.
Btw, i dont think a vertical shooter where ppl have to rotate their 50" plasma would sell good LOL.

I think Raz was saying a vertical shooter where the sides of the screen are reduced to give it the vertical appearance. Like a widescreen movie only on both sides instead of the bottom and top.

>Marty<

Neo Alec

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
There should be a vertical shooter for MVS, just like DoDonPachi II Bee Storm for PGM. And what MCF is describing is Strikers 1945 Plus.

pipes

DO NOT DEAL WITH!!!, DEAL OUTSTANDING!
I think Raz was saying a vertical shooter where the sides of the screen are reduced to give it the vertical appearance. Like a widescreen movie only on both sides instead of the bottom and top.

I think you might want to read that again.....

There is no vertical shooters on the neo..... By that I mean a shooter that requires the monitor set in a vertical position. Maybe oneday....

Last edited:

SSS

neo retired
the lack of vertical shooters on the neo is fine by me. there's plenty of those out there already. Besides the US cabinets and early japanese cabinets were not designed with a rotatable monitor.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
why would you want a perspective that doesnt work on a Neo Geo?
Might as well just ask for a Jamma instead of an MVS release... there's no point to having it on a Neo if no Neo can play it without a silly monitor swap.

gegrago

Mr. Big's Thug
Getting back to Gun lord, It will be nice to see an actual game play trailer with gun & explosion sounds included. I wonder how much quality they put in digitalizing sounds and such.

Status
Not open for further replies.