What's the most you've ever spent on a single video game title?

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Most I spend was close to 700$ for my Neo Geo cabinet(SCB-U4) it came with Magical Drop 3, Neo Turf Masters, Neo World Cup 98 and SNKG Pulstar. Second was my AES that was CIB and had boxed Hori Fighting Stick 2 and bunch of games(LB1(JPN),Spinmasters..) that was like 600$. Other than those maybe Windjammers MVS partial kit or MS3 hologram full kit were like 120-130$. When I buy SFC game for 2$ it makes sense. You are buying something fun for couple dollars but spending hundreds of dollars on collectibles always makes me question my sanity.

enix2093

Crazed MVS Addict
Those aren't bad prices at all, really. Was the AES Japanese or just the one game?

antmavel

n00b
Was it sealed? Last time I looked, they were like $450-500, meaning you overpaid by $400...

Jon

I am talking about the japanese version. If this is the one you were referring to then clearly the last time you looked was several years ago. The japanese version of the game in good condition with spin / reg card / insert is never available below $750. Mine was mint. A sealed one is definitely beyond 2000$ in my view.

godzilla43

Geese's Thug
Those aren't bad prices at all, really. Was the AES Japanese or just the one game?

Yeah, the AES was JPN and also King of Monster 2.

Little Samson and Panzer Dragoon Saga falls into same category than Chrono Trigger. Rare games that everyone seems to have in their collections.

This Shinrei Jusatsushi Taromaru seems rareish with 7500 copies made but even now there is 10 copies in Ebay. If that would be on Playstation and it would be like 10-20 dollars I would buy that. Nice looking kinda bizarre game but several hundreds for cd game.. yeah no!

Last edited:

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
Razion MVS for me, however after paying the import taxes, the NeoSD tops Razion.

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
Yeah, the AES was JPN and also King of Monster 2.

Little Samson and Panzer Dragoon Saga falls into same category than Chrono Trigger. Rare games that everyone seems to have in their collections.

There are 100,000's of copies of Chrono Trigger on SNES. There is nothing rare about Chrono trigger.

2Heed

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
20 Year Member
$900 on US Garou AES was by far the most I ever spent, but back then I was on a kick to have all the US versions of the Fatal Fury series. In hindsight I'm glad I sold my AES collection and honestly have never looked back. I'd much rather have infinite credits playing it on my 360 than having 4 on AES.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
"Rare games" that everyone seems to have in their collections. Understand now?

By definition, it's not rare.
Highly desirable or highly collectible is not rare.

You can be rare + highly collectible. Like PDS

Last edited:

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Probably KOF XI on Atomiswave. I don't remember the exact price but I think it was about $600.

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict
top 3:

1.Metal Slug 2 JPN AES: $400
2. Metal Slug 3 JPN AES: $350
3. Garou MotW JPN AES: $300

12 years ago? I stopped collecting in 2016.

Flagshiphero

Crazed MVS Addict
top 3:

1.Metal Slug 2 JPN AES: $400
2. Metal Slug 3 JPN AES: $350
3. Garou MotW JPN AES: $300

12 years ago? I stopped collecting in 2016.

I forgot Metal Slug X JPN AES, wasd around $350 as well. Damn I've been out of ths for too long already lolz

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
It's funny how $600 for a Neo Geo game is rather normal, but $600 for Panzer Dragon Saga is ludicrous.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
Most I've spent on a Neo Geo game was £50 for KOF 2002 MVS (Jap cart only) in January 2014.

The rest of my Neo Games were:

Super Spy AES (Boxed with manual): £38 (2012)
Baseball Stars AES (Boxed with manual): £27 (2013)

Super Sidekicks 2 MVS (Cart only): £16.99 (2013)
Ultimate 11 MVS (Cart only) £30.99 (2013)
Metal Slug MVS (Cart only) £29.00 (2013)
Jockey Grand Prix MVS (Full kit with hopper cable) £20 (2014)
Aero Fighters 2/Sonic Wings 2 MVS (Cart Only) £31 (2016)

Hello, can I get exact dates of when you bought these carts? I'm curious as I'm sure no one else gives a fuck about your other carts.
The thread is for what was the most you paid.

J-P

NEST Puppet
Most I ever spent on a single game (not systems or hardware) would probably be SF III 3rd Strike set which I splurged $350 (can't remember exactly) back in mid-2000's ended up swapping it for a bunch of stuff.

Semi-relatedly; Like probably quite a few people on here; I have a bit of a large CD collection, Mainly on Saturn / PCE / Sega CD -mostly from purchases back in the 90's/early 00's. Kind of scary how much some of it is worth now (SFZ3/Panzer Dragoon Saga/various shmups). I'm getting concerned about disk-rot. My PAL copy of Keio Flying Squadron 2 is already fucked because of it (held up to the light, you can see little pinprick holes corroded through the data layer). Anybody else worried about that?

joala

A Joala is for Life., Not Just Christmas.,
My PAL copy of Keio Flying Squadron 2 is already fucked because of it (held up to the light, you can see little pinprick holes corroded through the data layer). Anybody else worried about that?

Hopefully someone releases an SSD3 for the Mega CD....

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
It's funny how $600 for a Neo Geo game is rather normal, but $600 for Panzer Dragon Saga is ludicrous.

This. I guess it's worth whatever someone is willing to pay. I've spent a good amount of money on Aes games in the past but probably not as much as someone who collects shtmup pcb's.

NeoSneth

20 Year Member
Disc Rot should not be a problem with good pressings. This is more of an issue on CDR's than commercially pressed games.

It's not the same as laserdisc rot as that was mainly due to adhesive between the two layers.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Disc Rot should not be a problem with good pressings. This is more of an issue on CDR's than commercially pressed games.

It's not the same as laserdisc rot as that was mainly due to adhesive between the two layers.

True, but saturn games are apparantly more prone to disc rot from what i hear. a big factor in me not going after those $200+ games like battle garegga and PDS.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
If we're looking at a single title overall, probably either Warframe or The Old Republic via monthly subscriptions or microtransations. I'd say about $200 each.

Taiso

Remembers The North,
20 Year Member
The most I ever spent on any game was during the heyday of the AES. I would drop $325 on the regular for new carts. They were generally between $250-$325 during the system's peak when I ordered through NCS (still one of my favorite online retailers of import goods, but not much reason to use them anymore) and also from a local import store called Cyberzone in Schaumburg, IL.

I wonder what happened to the owner of Cyberzone. One day I went to the store and it was empty and there was a sign taped up to the door that read "Scott, we want our money." I hope they didn't hurt him.

geise

Mickey's Coach
$125 Metamorphic Force pcb. Big spender lol. Most I've payed and probably will at this point. Early adopter and never really selling my shit has kept me from having to spend crazy money on something.

Psygnosis8

Sieger's Squire
$1000 for an outfoxies pcb. Close second would be $600 for Kishin Douji Zenki for the PC-FX. I paid a lot for my sharp x68000 Xvi compact, but it came loaded with a controller, ram expansion, midi card, midi module, and a Jaz Drive (remember those?) that booted a hard disk image.